Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I removed the same pannier for the winter months and sheared one of the Allen bolts, an attempt will be made to drill it or TBH probably best just to file it down and use a'p' clip when I put it back on..
I've been using a waxy lube which name escapes me(squirt?) but I need more, great in the summer but not as good in the winter months, wet lube just catches all the gunk of the day....

I got one of the cheap EBay maintenance stands and its well handy, most of the bike parts shops are doing the cheaper one now...

I have wax based dry lube somewhere but i cant remember exactly what it was.... For the longest time i was just using GT85 to lube my chain on my halfords bought Apollo MTB (this was when i was completely new to cycling and only using the bike for weekend rides around the marshes) Never used it to lube my chain on my hybrid or Triban.

I'll probably need to go buy some more dry lube at some point if i cant find it. Wet lube is fine for now. Just need to leave more time for mickling.

perchance. Would the stand your talking about be this one?

jhawk

Veteran
Morning all.

Fecking long night. I was up every hour, pretty much on the hour, with Akaya, my Husky-Retriever. He's got the runs. :sad: Must have been something he's eaten (again), but I can't think of what it might have been. Fasting him today, see if he improves over the next couple of days. This doesn't happen too often, but it does seem to happen once every few months. Not going to the vets yet, as it could really be anything. Hopefully he improves over the next couple of days, if not, then we'll take him to the vets.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all.

Fecking long night. I was up every hour, pretty much on the hour, with Akaya, my Husky-Retriever. He's got the runs. :sad: Must have been something he's eaten (again), but I can't think of what it might have been. Fasting him today, see if he improves over the next couple of days. This doesn't happen too often, but it does seem to happen once every few months. Not going to the vets yet, as it could really be anything. Hopefully he improves over the next couple of days, if not, then we'll take him to the vets.
Hope he improves, and if not that the vets aren't as dear as they are here

jhawk

Veteran
Hope he improves, and if not that the vets aren't as dear as they are here

They're just as expensive. :sad: I don't know what it could be. I can't think of anything that he's eaten in the last 24 that would have caused this. He was fine yesterday morning and afternoon, then it all seemed to start yesterday evening. I went out to the shops yesterday afternoon at around 4 and came back half an hour later. Shut them away in my room as usual. Nothing seemed disturbed when I got back or anything.

Very strange. The only thing I can think of is that he's been in the bin. Which isn't something he usually does. Puzzling.

I would hedge my bets that it isn't his food. Because the other dog eats exactly the same thing and he's not got any issues.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I have wax based dry lube somewhere but i cant remember exactly what it was.... For the longest time i was just using GT85 to lube my chain on my halfords bought Apollo MTB (this was when i was completely new to cycling and only using the bike for weekend rides around the marshes) Never used it to lube my chain on my hybrid or Triban.

I'll probably need to go buy some more dry lube at some point if i cant find it. Wet lube is fine for now. Just need to leave more time for mickling.

Aye, same one different colours:okay:
no doubt, some wallah will pooh pooh it but unless you are a pro, It's more than substantial...
I just use a cloth to protect the paint work when I put the bike on it and watch out you don't pop any of the cable stays...

I have muc off wet and dry lube but my son put me on to this stuff HERE ,
not good in the wet I find...maybe I should be applying more often but this is the first winter I've used it..

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I have muc off wet and dry lube but my son put me on to this stuff HERE ,
not good in the wet I find...maybe I should be applying more often but this is the first winter I've used it..

Nice - For just over £7 its worth a pop :okay: Going to wait and see if i need to pick anything else up to i can get free delivery. I currently run a set of Zefal Swan/Croozer set of mudguards, been considering getting something better like some SKS or Crud Road Racers.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Nice - For just over £7 its worth a pop :okay: Going to wait and see if i need to pick anything else up to i can get free delivery. I currently run a set of Zefal Swan/Croozer set of mudguards, been considering getting something better like some SKS or Crud Road Racers.
I've crud catchers on my hybrid (one bike man) and they couldn't catch anything.. I still get the muddy middle mark but I'm out in all weathers on and off tarmac, cycle tracks and green tracks.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I've crud catchers on my hybrid (one bike man) and they couldn't catch anything.. I still get the muddy middle mark but I'm out in all weathers on and off tarmac, cycle tracks and green tracks.

I had a set of Crud Race Guard's on fitted on my MTB. it did a decent job when it was properly aligned with the wheels but the problem I had was was the rear mudguard kept going out of position due to the shi!tty mounting system and i needed to get those strips of rubber or plastic used on front light bar mounts to have it stay in position. Zefal Swan isnt so bad but it isnt a half circle shape like the SKS's are so the bike and my legs/feet are going to pick up a bit of the mess.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Spent almost an hour cleaning the bike - Its not super clean but its clean enough. I honestly need to get a cheap bike maintenance stand to stop doing my back in.

Chains re-greased. Still running some C3* wet lube till the weather clears up a little more. Removed the Topeak Pannier rack as i have barely used it in two weeks so opted for a quick detachable seatpost one from them. Put the rear mudguard back on in case i get caught in the rain again.

Now to sit down for a nice cuppa yorkshire tea :smile:
I have two bikes to clean...neither have been used for a few months and neither are horrendously dirty. But as I'm hoping to get out soon, I want to lube them etc

ScotiaLass

Guru

Love the dry lube! I use MucOff but I think most of the brands are as good as each other :smile:

Top Bottom