Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You play Scrabble? I like. ^_^ (1)

Have you tried http://www.games.com/game/masque-publishing/just-words. There are only six letters, but still fun. I play against the puter, as opposed to a real person, cos I like to take my time over the words I play.

Good afternoon @Bobby Mhor ,@IDMark2 ,@welsh dragon, @classic33 (hope you are asleep right now @classic33) and anyone else looking in. Most dreadful night. Woken at 4.30 am by my son having psychotic episode and trying to smash the house up, ranting and raving. Hurt his arm and spattered blood everywhere ---walls, floor etc. I just finished clearing it up. Seems like everything is going pear shaped right now! But hey-ho, I'll carry on posting earring of the day, regardless.

Earring of the day (another earring from the 90's).
Photo on 24-01-2016 at 13.06 #2.jpg

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Good afternoon @Bobby Mhor ,@IDMark2 ,@welsh dragon, @classic33 (hope you are asleep right now @classic33) and anyone else looking in. Most dreadful night. Woken at 4.30 am by my son having psychotic episode and trying to smash the house up, ranting and raving. Hurt his arm and spattered blood everywhere ---walls, floor etc. I just finished clearing it up. Seems like everything is going pear shaped right now! But hey-ho, I'll carry on posting earring of the day, regardless.

I won't like the post, doesn't seem appropriate, but I will wish him and you the best and hope that this can be dealt with properly and well for everyone. Hope there's plenty of the right sort of support.
Can't be an easy time.:hugs:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Only liked for the earring of the day bit. Not liking the bit that you've had a dreadful night.
I hope that you can get the help and support you need, family wise. It can't be easy for you.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Spent almost an hour cleaning the bike - Its not super clean but its clean enough. I honestly need to get a cheap bike maintenance stand to stop doing my back in.

Chains re-greased. Still running some C3* wet lube till the weather clears up a little more. Removed the Topeak Pannier rack as i have barely used it in two weeks so opted for a quick detachable seatpost one from them. Put the rear mudguard back on in case i get caught in the rain again.

Now to sit down for a nice cuppa yorkshire tea :smile:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Spent almost an hour cleaning the bike - Its not super clean but its clean enough. I honestly need to get a cheap bike maintenance stand to stop doing my back in.

Chains re-greased. Still running some C3* wet lube till the weather clears up a little more. Removed the Topeak Pannier rack as i have barely used it in two weeks so opted for a quick detachable seatpost one from them. Put the rear mudguard back on in case i get caught in the rain again.

The like was for everything except the Yorkshire mention... :okay:

I won't like the post, doesn't seem appropriate, but I will wish him and you the best and hope that this can be dealt with properly and well for everyone. Hope there's plenty of the right sort of support.
Can't be an easy time.:hugs:
Thanks. He has been ill for a long time and is getting psychiatric support and drug therapy but I have to say that after two years of this he isn't any better. :sad: he doesn't have these extreme episodes very often. If he did I would certainly not be able to cope! Mostly he is just depressed, somewhat aggressive and difficult. I realised the other day that I haven't not had my kids living with me since I had the first one back in 1979. I call them kids...but the son in question is 26!

Anyway, in order to make the most of this post I will also do a weather report... today the weather is exceptionally mild. Must be in double figures. Rather damp but not raining. Very little wind. If I had a bike I'd be out on it!

Saluki: Only liked for the earring of the day bit. Not liking the bit that you've had a dreadful night.
I hope that you can get the help and support you need, family wise. It can't be easy for you.

Thanks @Saluki. I often think there should be an 'oh dear' as well as a 'like' for posts! How is your flat swap progressing?

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow

I removed the same pannier for the winter months and sheared one of the Allen bolts, an attempt will be made to drill it or TBH probably best just to file it down and use a'p' clip when I put it back on..
I've been using a waxy lube which name escapes me(squirt?) but I need more, great in the summer but not as good in the winter months, wet lube just catches all the gunk of the day....

I got one of the cheap EBay maintenance stands and its well handy, most of the bike parts shops are doing the cheaper one now...

Top Bottom