Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Looks like another big snow event is heading Jockland's way:ohmy:
Met Office has upped to Amber.

Supplies topped up (more cider, coffee, sod everything else)

got a letter today from a relation who lives out on the Canadian prairies saying it recently had dropped to -40:ohmy: but are having seasonal high temperatures, the other day they had 5°C (warmest for this time of year since 1923).
I'd need to wear another tee shirt if I was there:whistle:

Stay warm, y'all hear:okay:

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member

got a letter today from a relation who lives out on the Canadian prairies saying it recently had dropped to -40:ohmy: but are having seasonal high temperatures, the other day they had 5°C (warmest for this time of year since 1923).

You sound like you are related to the Geordies :rofl:

classic33

Leg End Member
What if it caught you off guard and you were down at the bottom of the valley
Use the stairs in the flats to get to the top!

Could be worse!

classic33

Leg End Member
One of the cars that got flipped, whilst doing less than 20mph!!
CAM00768-1.jpg

MikeG

Guru
Morning tea-people.

We were without power from 5.45 Thursday morning until 8.00 last night due to the storm that passed through southern Britain on Wednesday. Five different National Power crews visited site in that time. Not one of them told the next crew what they'd done, so each crew started from scratch. The final crew, the only ones qualified to work up poles, couldn't even find the location of the transformer that was the issue. I had to drive them to it. Once they found it, it took less than 5 minutes to restore our power. That's right: I lost 2 days of work, a freezer full of food, and had only candles for lighting and heating in the house because the first 4 crews that came out to site weren't qualified to change a fuse at a transformer.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning tea-people.

We were without power from 5.45 Thursday morning until 8.00 last night due to the storm that passed through southern Britain on Wednesday. Five different National Power crews visited site in that time. Not one of them told the next crew what they'd done, so each crew started from scratch. The final crew, the only ones qualified to work up poles, couldn't even find the location of the transformer that was the issue. I had to drive them to it. Once they found it, it took less than 5 minutes to restore our power. That's right: I lost 2 days of work, a freezer full of food, and had only candles for lighting and heating in the house because the first 4 crews that came out to site weren't qualified to change a fuse at a transformer.

That seems to be a problem with so many things these days. Power companies all deny it is their problem. Must be another one. Same with broadband suppliers. Glad you are up and running again Mike.

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Way aye man, gan the night am gettin mortal.

Nope, je sui ne pas le Geordie, bonny lad^_^

Aye, keep their taps oan:laugh:

Well @Bobby Mhor I watched a program on BBC2 a little while ago that implied before those pesky Romans built that wall all of the people of middle Britain were the same and its by building the wall the Romans created the divide. I suppose the northern late night behaviour is much akin to the heathen behaviour over the wall :laugh::laugh::hyper:

Top Bottom