Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm sure I have more in a cupboard somewhere....
I'll look first..

Sorry, new tube, hand pump inner tube slightly, fit tyre, CO2 and voila....
I tried, oh, how I tried with puncture outfits...
How about repair outfits?
I tried with puncture outfits as well. It failed, so i will never never bother again.
If at first you don't succeed...

You did clean up after the slime?

Kit of choice
tip-top-tyre-repair puncture-patches.jpg

They do bike sized kits, for the same price.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I tried with puncture outfits as well. It failed, so i will never never bother again.
I even tried bringing tubes home, preparing then trying to patch them, nope, nope useless ( I may be as well:laugh:)

There was surprisingly little mess to be honest. I did think it would leak out all over the place, but there was very little.
Get back in yer coffin, ya pedantic old git:laugh:
I'd try and glue the lid but it'll probably not stick down..

The best was, I'd got a slow puncture and noticed it when heading out to work so I texted my oldest to fix it (fitting a new tube), they did literally before I came home, and as I walked in the door, BANG!!!! the tube just failed...
I did my own from then....

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I even tried bringing tubes home, preparing then trying to patch them, nope, nope useless ( I may be as well:laugh:)

The best was, I'd got a slow puncture and noticed it when heading out to work so I texted my oldest to fix it (fitting a new tube), they did literally before I came home, and as I walked in the door, BANG!!!! the tube just failed...
I never repair them either. New tube every time. Afraid saving a couple of pounds doesn’t feel worth it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

I did that the other week. Had a flat, got home, did a repair, used slime and the first time out it went again. Luckily with the Co2 canisters i managed to get home. New inner tube went in. It is the only way to go.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I found it needed very little to stop the patch sticking, when the slime had been on the tube.

That is what i found. I think the slime leaked around the patch and it failed

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Buy cheap, buy Twice.

Or, keep on good terms with the fairy and not have to replace them.
I never had any problem with the cheap ones, I moved to Marathon Greenguard tyres as it doesn't bother me that they are heavy, and allegedly not smooth rolling. I ride a mid weight hybrid not a roadie so I can go off road etc, but back to the tubes, mass produced somewhere out East I'd assume. Last two p********s were a drawing pin and today, a tack/nail. Any from the past were mostly thorns off cut hedgerows, oh, and I'm not exactly a lightweight...

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Nope no sore back. A 17 mile bimble for me today.

Looks like you might have a regular job there then @welsh dragon :laugh:
After my slow start I went for a 75 mile bimble. P######e fairy struck after 11 miles but hey ho and co2 is a great aid.
I passed through the home territory of one of our missing members. No sign of @BrianEvesham and I stopped at the Fast Tracks cafe :cuppa::hungry:

Top Bottom