Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Hell no. I left that to Mr WD. ^_^

Sure?? :blush:

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I never had any problem with the cheap ones, I moved to Marathon Greenguard tyres as it doesn't bother me that they are heavy, and allegedly not smooth rolling. I ride a mid weight hybrid not a roadie so I can go off road etc, but back to the tubes, mass produced somewhere out East I'd assume. Last two p********s were a drawing pin and today, a tack/nail. Any from the past were mostly thorns off cut hedgerows, oh, and I'm not exactly a lightweight...

I would say all mass produced in the Far East.
Thats what is says on my Continental inner tubes ;)

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Thanks, luckily a short thin tack(nail?) so knew what it was..
CO2 inflation most welcome today..
If I'd to pump the tyre up, I'd have been mollicated by them beasties...

ta..
Day off tomorrow :ohmy:
After Le Tour, I will get another tube and CO2 cartridge stuffed away...change the air (or CO2) in the tyre.

I stopped to see if I could help a roadie who'd suffered the same problem but he couldn't find the source, Bob produced the wee bit of 'tight' and voila, a run round the inside and the 'cause' was spotted and removed. Handy thing...

Yep I did the same, let the tyre down and pump it back up when I got home. :okay:

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I have 1 and a bit left. ^_^

1 for 1 shot at inflating tube

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I even tried bringing tubes home, preparing then trying to patch them, nope, nope useless ( I may be as well:laugh:)

Get back in yer coffin, ya pedantic old git:laugh:
I'd try and glue the lid but it'll probably not stick down..

The best was, I'd got a slow puncture and noticed it when heading out to work so I texted my oldest to fix it (fitting a new tube), they did literally before I came home, and as I walked in the door, BANG!!!! the tube just failed...
I did my own from then....

Super glue and nails to get Bone Bag firmly fixed in his box :rofl:
I don't bother trying to patch the inner tubes as success is limited so I just tend to bin them now.

Top Bottom