Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Aye:laugh:
Sounds dreich out there,
roads closed due to floods not too far from oor Mo's area,
WX station in that area has 34 mm of rain today..
just spoke with someone who'd a two hour plus journey from Perth, (not WA),
over an inch fallen here but much worse to the N and E..
Yes. I see the M9 was shut. Many roads just passable with care around here. It’s gone off just now but the wind is getting stronger.

classic33

Leg End Member
Aye, ye all need Salvation:laugh:
"Mytholmroyd fire station has been used by The Yorkshire Regiment, The 4th Infantry Brigade, The 4th Batallion The Royal Regiment of Scotland - The Highlanders, and the Environment Agency while the reinforcement of flood defences has been underway."

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/ne...-valley-borough-prepares-storm-dennis-1742005

Council have also sounded the flood sirens silently!!

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Yes. I see the M9 was shut. Many roads just passable with care around here. It’s gone off just now but the wind is getting stronger.
Traffic was diverted from main road at Blackford, Stirling area was badly hit. More rain forecasted.
"Mytholmroyd fire station has been used by The Yorkshire Regiment, The 4th Infantry Brigade, The 4th Batallion The Royal Regiment of Scotland - The Highlanders, and the Environment Agency while the reinforcement of flood defences has been underway."

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/ne...-valley-borough-prepares-storm-dennis-1742005

Council have also sounded the flood sirens silently!!
Saw bloke ont telly reporting from Yorkshire..

oh and good morning :hello:

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning. Not so much rain today but much stronger wind. Not sure whether to risk a walk or not. Don't fancy getting clouted with anything.
If you clout back, it may think twice before trying again.
It's very strange reading this and going out to the bakery in still, clear weather.

Mind you, it'll pish it down for the rest of the week to make up for this...
It will now. As for the wind, stay off the beans, unless that's what you want.

Morning??

Gotta get these rollocks sorted.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only bit I caught was ilkley , no mention of moor b tat.
almost forty years of seeing how councils operate, I’m saying nuthin’:laugh:
I've them closer to home than that.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Windy is an understatement. Need I mention ferries? Probably nothing sailing after 1000 today. I doubt I would be able to stand up outside just now tho' I will have to brave it to get fuel for the stove and dump the ashes. The coal merchant is running short of stock due to no incoming supplies which is why I always have a couple of weeks in reserve. Not terribly PC to have a solid fuel stove but there have been prolonged power cuts in the past and I prefer not to be cold. A few years ago when there was a mainland problem at Kerrera power was off for 4 days.

classic33

Leg End Member
Windy is an understatement. Need I mention ferries? Probably nothing sailing after 1000 today. I doubt I would be able to stand up outside just now tho' I will have to brave it to get fuel for the stove and dump the ashes. The coal merchant is running short of stock due to no incoming supplies which is why I always have a couple of weeks in reserve. Not terribly PC to have a solid fuel stove but there have been prolonged power cuts in the past and I prefer not to be cold. A few years ago when there was a mainland problem at Kerrera power was off for 4 days.
Power failures are where an open fire comes in handy.

You'll have a decent supply of batteries for the radio, a wind up torch. Tea, milk & sugar supplies to last?

classic33

Leg End Member
Just been checking nearby WX stations,
pretty windy in nearby Bonnybridge..
handy for checking wind conditions before anytime I head out..
looks like lots of wind the rest of the week..
Keep safe, all you auld yins out there^_^
I'm no-where near Bonnybridge.

Hebble is up about a foot on normal, nearby, though.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Old school is good..
I'd hate to think how the young 'uns nowadays could cope it the internet bombed for a few days, no Twitter, faceache, and the rest and if telly went too, none of these reality tv progs, how would they live without daily updates of what celebrities clean their erses with etc...

did that sound cynical:laugh:

Top Bottom