Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
You go pot holing as well!
At my size?
I'd rather
not poodle.jpg

not really but fitted the post..:laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Power failures are where an open fire comes in handy.

You'll have a decent supply of batteries for the radio, a wind up torch. Tea, milk & sugar supplies to last?
Back in the day when I had employees I used to get job applications from people who admitted they found life wherever they lived too stressful and wanted to come and live on a nice peaceful island. Nobody from outside can understand that life on an island is harder than on the mainland and many aspects of life are in fact more stressful. When I came all those years ago I knew I was coming to a stressful job which required a lot of hard work. The first winter often is just too much for many of the settlers who have only seen summer conditions and they flee at the first opportunity.
Why do I still live here? There are many compensations and I have had a more interesting and varied life than if I had remained in a more mundane job on the mainland. Fortunately my wife also liked it here.
To answer your question. Yes I am well provisioned for a prolonged siege.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Back in the day when I had employees I used to get job applications from people who admitted they found life wherever they lived too stressful and wanted to come and live on a nice peaceful island. Nobody from outside can understand that life on an island is harder than on the mainland and many aspects of life are in fact more stressful. When I came all those years ago I knew I was coming to a stressful job which required a lot of hard work. The first winter often is just too much for many of the settlers who have only seen summer conditions and they flee at the first opportunity.
Why do I still live here? There are many compensations and I have had a more interesting and varied life than if I had remained in a more mundane job on the mainland. Fortunately my wife also liked it here.
To answer your question. Yes I am well provisioned for a prolonged siege.
That gave me visions of a wagon train heading through the Pass of Brander before the run down to Oban...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That gave me visions of a wagon train heading through the Pass of Brander before the run down to Oban...
Wagons indeed but all with 4 wheel drive except the eco warriors who tend to have ancient vehicles ( not cars). One guy arrived in a converted army assault craft which he sailed from the Thames on the basis that if he kept the land on his left he would arrive here eventually, or so he claimed. He parked it on the beach in front of the public toilets with mooring ropes to the railings which they used to pull a dinghy ashore when the tide was in. Actually a very nice guy and a talented artist. I have some of his work hanging on my living room wall. One of the strangely rare assets to the community at that time.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Good morning :hello:
Trying to be optimistic :ohmy:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I've tried that occasionally too.

Oh alright then:

Good morning.

Let's see what happens now...
Lord knows why.............this rain is incessant :cry:
You just gotta smile^_^

brush your teeth first:blink:

Firstly,it is rain..
It could be white crispy snow and think how deep it could be:ohmy:
Mmmm sledging...
Remember it’s easier to smile than frown ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning :hello:
Trying to be optimistic :ohmy:
Owdo

Do, or do not, there is no try.
I've tried that occasionally too.

Oh alright then:

Good morning.

Let's see what happens now...
And

Okay

You certain!

Well?
Lord knows why.............this rain is incessant :cry:
Maybe it's the beginning of the end. No warning this time, we choose when to build our boats. Then it's...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gjeGCfRNWk

Morning??

classic33

Leg End Member
You just gotta smile^_^

brush your teeth first:blink:

Firstly,it is rain..
It could be white crispy snow and think how deep it could be:ohmy:
Mmmm sledging...
Remember it’s easier to smile than frown ^_^
Two-Three inches maybe...
Go faster stripes!
Not true!
Over 50% more muscles required for a smile compared to a frown. Which means more energy required to smile, a frown, you can let gravity do more work for you.

Top Bottom