Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
G
o
o
d

M
o
r
n
i
n
g
:hello:
Got any white stuff yet? It's forecast, but just rain here so far.

classic33

Leg End Member
G
o
o
d

M
o
r
n
i
n
g
:hello:
Owdo
Feeling silly this morning are we?
You mean like this?

Must be all of an inch deep and there's nowt moving!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The odd flurry of flakes but not lying..
I'm on a east facing 'frost pocket' which may no help, not high though but expecting now the wind is coming from the East..
Rain forecast for late afternoon...
but 2c just now and almost 5 mm so far today..
on the good side, my plants from yesterday will have been watered^_^

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo
Feeling silly this morning are we?

You mean like this?
View attachment 505828
Must be all of an inch deep and there's nowt moving!
Get out and clear your play centre^_^

I find it baffling how it manages to cause so much disruption now. We used to get feet of the stuff and things kept moving.
Folk get the panic mode from the media...
all this amber, yellow alert nonsense, gone are the days we heard bad weather on its way now it's splattered all over and the fear put into people plus a massive part of it is most folk haven't a clue how to drive in snow....
we used to get sent out to 'hotspots' to try keep traffic moving and inevitably it would be spent trying to push folk who insisted in revving too high and skid all over the place, funnily the bigger more expensive cars tended to have more problems..

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Get out and clear your play centre^_^

Folk get the panic mode from the media...
all this amber, yellow alert nonsense, gone are the days we heard bad weather on its way now it's splattered all over and the fear put into people plus a massive part of it is most folk haven't a clue how to drive in snow....
we used to get sent out to 'hotspots' to try keep traffic moving and inevitably it would be spent trying to push folk who insisted in revving too high and skid all over the place, funnily the bigger more expensive cars tended to have more problems..
Yep, especially rear wheel drives. I used to just stick it into 2nd gear and accelerate very slowly. Had some horrendous drives home after night shifts up over the Orchil above Braco. Real white knuckle stuff but always made it.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Yep, especially rear wheel drives. I used to just stick it into 2nd gear and accelerate very slowly. Had some horrendous drives home after night shifts up over the Orchil above Braco. Real white knuckle stuff but always made it.
Folk outside the urban areas tend to be better esp if driving in rural areas, in towns are used to loads of salt and salt being applied to keep things running, I used to 460 ft ASL and that was just over a mile from sea level, had to go walk folk and shopping up the hill..
150 ft asl now so hopefully none of the same,
We used to always carry warm clothing, wooly blanket etc when 'commuting' up and down from Angus in the winter months..
best staying inside and heating on, home made soup in the pot....

Kryton521

Über Member
The now fabled, "Beast from the East", crippled South Wales. But what I found truly stunning and left me thinking, "What in all holy Hell were you thinking!" As they drove, or attempted to drive their expensive SUVs into snow drifts and clearly blocked lanes!

classic33

Leg End Member
Coming home from work, on the bike, and having to stop and walk past cars that were stuck on hills was annoying. Worst being the idiot in the landrover who insisted it could, and should, go anywhere stuck with all four wheels spinning.

The now fabled, "Beast from the East", crippled South Wales. But what I found truly stunning and left me thinking, "What in all holy Hell were you thinking!" As they drove, or attempted to drive their expensive SUVs into snow drifts and clearly blocked lanes!

I assume it's either that they are too trusting in the sales pitch of their 4 x 4, or haven't worked out that a sense of entitlement doesn't work against laws of physics.

Or possibly both.

Top Bottom