Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Poor Polly getting neglected? :laugh:
Of course not...
She'll well looked after..
Busy, busy with garden centre opening:okay:
Had to 'improve' the front entrance bed

IMG_0966.jpg

not been fun in the beating sun, some plants to throw in at right hand side..
bit at left back of tubs, just another unfinished bit until builder(not Bob) gets back:sad:
Get it grassed as it slopes wrong way.
I did think of doing something with wood but nah, grass will do, maybe;)

Anyhow, too humid for someone like me...
and hello:hello:

He could ride to the garden centre though.
Need a trailer:wacko:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Of course not...

View attachment 527003
bit at left back of tubs, just another unfinished bit until builder(not Bob) gets back:sad:
Get it grassed as it slopes wrong way.
I did think of doing something with wood but nah, grass will do, maybe;)

Taking shape nicely :smile:

Blue

Legendary Member
Ta-da ....I give you BOBLANDIA^_^

Think we could fry eggs out there ...
28c just now..

Mallorca is presently only 27c,

Staycation (5 mile radius) YAY:wacko:
Similar weather here yesterday - Mrs B wondered if she would need to wear her coat when we went for a walk. When sitting in the lounge she wanted the windows closed because she was cold. I just sit 😓and ignore her as best I can.

Have you ever seen this video - it's Mrs B to a T

View: https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk

classic33

Leg End Member
Similar weather here yesterday - Mrs B wondered if she would need to wear her coat when we went for a walk. When sitting in the lounge she wanted the windows closed because she was cold. I just sit 😓and ignore her as best I can.

Have you ever seen this video - it's Mrs B to a T

View: https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk

If that's Mrs B to a T, does that make you Mr T?

To be fair to her, I'm just back in, and have taken the body warmer, sweatshirt & shirt off. Leaving only the T-shirt covering the upper half.

classic33

Leg End Member
Of course not...

View attachment 527003
Get it grassed as it slopes wrong way. I did think of doing something with wood but nah, grass will do, maybe;)

It can only slope Up or Down, in the normal world anyway.

Thought you had a trailer, or did you not bother in the end

Blue

Legendary Member
How's tha doing?
"Warm weather" aside, hope all is okay.
I'm fine. Mrs B's dementia is a living nightmare.

I don't know if I mentioned it but her swallow is now going and trying to work around that is stretching me in every way. I arranged a referral to the SALT team but don't know when she will be seen in the current crisis. NI is opening up much more slowly than England so it's a problem. I always expected this issue to arise at some point as her speech was affected early on and the same muscle groups are involved, however, I thought we would have had quite a few years more before this arose.

Still, that's our life and we just have to get on with it. I just hope I can take the stress until the Day Centre opens again and I get a regular break.

classic33

Leg End Member
Won't like the post Blue, you'll know why. But I wish you both well in this.

Take it one day at a time, and remember to take care of yourself.

Blue

Legendary Member
Won't like the post Blue, you'll know why. But I wish you both well in this.

Take it one day at a time, and remember to take care of yourself.
Thanks classic.

The taking care of myself is one aspect of the pandemic that isn't noticed by many. Just before lockdown we were visited by the leader of the local care team and I was advised to get my wife into residential care for a few days to give myself a break, sooner rather than later, to avoid a personal crisis. Then the lockdown happened and the residential facility went into full lockdown itself. Our Social Worker phoned on the first morning of the lockdown in a bit of a panic but we haven't heard from him since. Strangely, it's been our Local Authority who have checked in on us every week and that has been appreciated - we were even offered a food parcel and when I declined we were informed that it was free as if that would be a clincher for me - I told them to give it to someone in greater need.

We were fine and dandy for the first few weeks but the stress levels have been getting worse over the last week or two. As you suggest, I take it one day at a time and hope that I can hang in there until things get back into some sort of 'normal' mode. I know from the Alzheimer's forum that carers all around the UK are having a tough time so I'm not in any way unique. Posting here actually helps quite a bit.:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks classic.

The taking care of myself is one aspect of the pandemic that isn't noticed by many. Just before lockdown we were visited by the leader of the local care team and I was advised to get my wife into residential care for a few days to give myself a break, sooner rather than later, to avoid a personal crisis. Then the lockdown happened and the residential facility went into full lockdown itself. Our Social Worker phoned on the first morning of the lockdown in a bit of a panic but we haven't heard from him since. Strangely, it's been our Local Authority who have checked in on us every week and that has been appreciated - we were even offered a food parcel and when I declined we were informed that it was free as if that would be a clincher for me - I told them to give it to someone in greater need.

We were fine and dandy for the first few weeks but the stress levels have been getting worse over the last week or two. As you suggest, I take it one day at a time and hope that I can hang in there until things get back into some sort of 'normal' mode. I know from the Alzheimer's forum that carers all around the UK are having a tough time so I'm not in any way unique. Posting here actually helps quite a bit.:okay:
The food parcel offered, was I think more in case you couldn't get out whilst being on the vulnerable/high risk list.

A silent group, that seems to have been forgotten about in all of this.

The situation is the same over here, with the important parts still closed. "Priority services" don't always mean the same to everyone, and it's taken this to make folk realise just what is important. 2001 again, for many.

Top Bottom