Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Or trousers on a rugby club night out!🥳:crazy: Another sunny day today!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQTL-ws6p4&pbjreload=101

You go on many rugby club nights out?

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all!

Back at school for the first time since 22nd Jan. The older kids, P4-6, will be back next week and the week after P1-3 come back.

Time for a brew. Green Tea anyone?
They're supposed to be going back here, later today. Local council have been very efficient in getting the message out. They've told the media they'll(schools) not be opening, those that work in them they'll be open as "normal".

In reality, I can't see them going back this year, let alone this school year. They are simply not equipped for the restrictions in place.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
They're supposed to be going back here, later today. Local council have been very efficient in getting the message out. They've told the media they'll(schools) not be opening, those that work in them they'll be open as "normal".

In reality, I can't see them going back this year, let alone this school year. They are simply not equipped for the restrictions in place.

The big advantage we have here is that Asia's done this before with SARS in 2003, which killed about 400 people in HK compared to just 4 deaths with Covid-19.

Although we still have an issue with cross border students. We're very close to the border with China and a lot of parents send their kids to schools in HK rather than in China (better education system) but the authorities in Shenzhen, the nearest Chinese city to HK and where the majority of the mainland kids come from, have not told our education board what their plan is for safe travel to/from HK.

The kindergarten kids will not be back until September.

At least our education minister's been on the ball about this. The UK gov, on the other hand, still have no idea what to do and that'll lead to a second wave. :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
The big advantage we have here is that Asia's done this before with SARS in 2003, which killed about 400 people in HK compared to just 4 deaths with Covid-19.

Although we still have an issue with cross border students. We're very close to the border with China and a lot of parents send their kids to schools in HK rather than in China (better education system) but the authorities in Shenzhen, the nearest Chinese city to HK and where the majority of the mainland kids come from, have not told our education board what their plan is for safe travel to/from HK.

The kindergarten kids will not be back until September.

At least our education minister's been on the ball about this. The UK gov, on the other hand, still have no idea what to do and that'll lead to a second wave. :sad:
It's been left to local councils to decide here. Local, for me, would have trouble deciding on whether or not to leave a building that was on fire. See Calder Valley floods from earlier this year, to see how well organised they were in dealing with them. Ninth times this century.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good Elephant to one and all:hello:
It's a braw tiger outside, no snake along the tarmac today I think..
I'll hippopotamus about the garden today.
Time to go and stack up the aardvark..

Orangutan:hello:
Own language as well as time zone. You'll be setting yerssen up as a new country before long.

Morning??

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Own language as well as time zone. You'll be setting yerssen up as a new country before long.

Morning??
Ta-da ....I give you BOBLANDIA^_^

Think we could fry eggs out there ...
28c just now..

Mallorca is presently only 27c,

Staycation (5 mile radius) YAY:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good giraffe to you:hello:
I'd be lion if I admitted to miss the bright morning sun which streams in this anteater.
Feels cooler outside...
another banana

enjoy your peach:okay:
Owdo

I knew you'd have trouble with a bit of sunny weather. You're not used to it, up those parts, sends you sorta odd.

Keep hydrated, stay in the shade, and lie down. Might help you cope, might not.

Morning??

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo

I knew you'd have trouble with a bit of sunny weather. You're not used to it, up those parts, sends you sorta odd.

Keep hydrated, stay in the shade, and lie down. Might help you cope, might not.

Morning??
Hydration not a problem^_^
I've never liked war,, muggy weather, the sun and i aren't best buddies.
I like to see it active with all sorts of flares kicking off ideal ionospheric conditions..

and yes, it still is..

Grass cut, edged, tidied and now bleedin' garden centre again:laugh:

Top Bottom