Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning.

Waiting for the Lidl tea to stop being brown water and become tea.
Owdo

Sydney said to try some real tea.
I say use
Yorkshire Teabags.jpg
I assume the local tea blends to be much different to the UK?
Store brand would be much the same, Lidl is a German company. Can't see them changing it just for us.

Morning??
Never Sing.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo

Sydney said to try some real tea.
I say use
View attachment 538436

Store brand would be much the same, Lidl is a German company. Can't see them changing it just for us.

Morning??
Try buying Nescafe from some 'budget' shops, it's the imported stuff and tastes bog-all like the supermarket stuff you get..
Different blends for different countries...

Twinings Everyday or English Breakfast..
nothing else....
drank black...

classic33

Leg End Member
Try buying Nescafe from some 'budget' shops, it's the imported stuff and tastes bog-all like the supermarket stuff you get..
Different blends for different countries...

Twinings Everyday or English Breakfast..
nothing else....
drank black...
In this case, Lidl tea, we're getting the import, @Andy in Germany has the home market version.

I don't drink coffee, so unable to comment on the coffee situation. That and one of their warehouses is at the bottom o'town.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
In this case, Lidl tea, we're getting the import, @Andy in Germany has the home market version.

I don't drink coffee, so unable to comment on the coffee situation. That and one of their warehouses is at the bottom o'town.
Lots of foods etc are given regional tastes...
I'm sure tea blends will be no different...
take beers, I'll use Fosters as an example..
Tesco in the late 70s started selling the imported 26 fluid oz cans...a nice crisp lager
then someone stated brewing it here in the UK and it was sooooo bad and watery, all imported beers are the same, Red Stripe another classic example...
I respect the German law of no additives....
and as for the newish craft beers I've tried are bogging but I have come across a few gems...
the new gin craze is the same,
I keep coming back to the old standards (to me)..
fancy label, fancy bottle and give us almost 40 quids(as in Spike says) please....

anyway, carry on folks (not in the Barbara way)

classic33

Leg End Member
Lots of foods etc are given regional tastes...
I'm sure tea blends will be no different...
take beers, I'll use Fosters as an example..
Tesco in the late 70s started selling the imported 26 fluid oz cans...a nice crisp lager
then someone stated brewing it here in the UK and it was sooooo bad and watery, all imported beers are the same, Red Stripe another classic example...
I respect the German law of no additives....
and as for the newish craft beers I've tried are bogging but I have come across a few gems...
the new gin craze is the same,
I keep coming back to the old standards (to me)..
fancy label, fancy bottle and give us almost 40 quids(as in Spike says) please....

anyway, carry on folks (not in the Barbara way)
They don't change their own branded products as much. Especially for just one tiny country such as us.

"In the UK, Foster's is produced by Heineken at the Royal Brewery in Manchester."
Manchester being in Red Rose County, what'd you expect.

Anyway, I'll go and do that last part now.

classic33

Leg End Member
Remember, I'm half Yorkshire...
I'm having mi doubts about that claim.

Top Bottom