Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh, we have a bathroom - it's just pretty poor, to say the least! The shower is a trickle, the cistern broke and the light switch is defective - but it's all useable for a few weeks.

I did say the place was a 'fixer'!!:laugh:
Keep a bucket to hand. A gallon from the bucket will be just as good.
The shower, wait whilst it rains, then nip outside. Okay it'll not be hot water, but you could have a shower.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Hope you did better than this guy with the car - if you intended to drive it!
View attachment 573538

That's a photograph from the Scottish BBC news yesterday
That should be an automatic ban for sheer idiocy......
It'd be an extra incentive to pedal a bit quicker. Get you home and warming yourself up whilst doing so.

Is the cuppa for you or Mrs M, who did the most?

You got the power!
From the canal, its just over a mile uphill, steady and last .6 mile is downhill..
No spade so we used an edging iron to chip away the compacted stuff, once you got the angle it was easy..
IZØ but GØ just before..
need toroids (no, not cream:laugh:)

Blue

Legendary Member
Keep a bucket to hand. A gallon from the bucket will be just as good.
The shower, wait whilst it rains, then nip outside. Okay it'll not be hot water, but you could have a shower.
What, in this weather? No, wait, when I think about it, I could take that shower after I've mowed the snow off the lawn!:becool:

classic33

Leg End Member
That should be an automatic ban for sheer idiocy......

From the canal, its just over a mile uphill, steady and last .6 mile is downhill..
No spade so we used an edging iron to chip away the compacted stuff, once you got the angle it was easy..
IZØ but GØ just before..
need toroids (no, not cream:laugh:)
Jam!!
Other than that, sounds painful.

No five iron to hand?

See, you'd warm up in no time at all.

Blue

Legendary Member
Got a bit more progress today.

The system cleaner has been added to the heating system and the engineer will be back on Thursday to flush the system and install some of the new pipework so that it's there to be connected. Also got the radiators and valves ordered from Screwfix and they're to be delivered over the next couple of days.

The guy who's putting in the new kitchen window and door called and measured for 2 new bedroom windows.

The plumber called in to check the bathroom order and hopes to be able to gather everything together asap.

I'll give the go ahead for the rewire as soon as I get the quotes. I liked the guy that looked at the job this morning so as long as he's there or thereabouts with his quote I go with him.

It feels like we are starting to get somewhere.🤞

classic33

Leg End Member
What, in this weather? No, wait, when I think about it, I could take that shower after I've mowed the snow off the lawn!:becool:
Don't like cold showers, even free ones.

Your mower is battery powered, not mains, so should be safe to use with it's DC motor.

You'll have to report back once you've attempted both.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning all:hello:
Tropical -3 just now:cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all:hello:
Tropical -3 just now:cuppa:
Owdo

You'll be sweating should we get a summer.

Morning??

Top Bottom