Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning. I can take my time over breakfast today becaue I've got a long weekend. I'll be travelling back to Stuttgart later.
Owdo
Doesn't a long weekend usually start on a Friday, possibly including the following Monday?

Noticed you forgot the other day though.

Morning??

Very long weekend then.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all:hello:

Checking on an order I had made saw this welcoming advice..
it says 11th shipped out, another section has it shipped on the 15th, and the latest tracking? your package is being ready to be shipped..
View attachment 574445
Bleach?:laugh:
Owdo

Isn't modern technology something. You can sit and watch your item(s) as they get closer, then wonder where it/they're going/gone as they depart in the opposite direction.

Mind?

Morning??

Blue

Legendary Member
'Morning all :hello:

Very wet overnight but just a grey day now.

Mrs B is at day care and the heating engineer is busy flushing the system and looking round the pipework so that he can leave things ready for the plumber who will be putting the radiators into the new bathroom and kitchen. Main part of the work to be done next Wednesday and then a bit to finish on the Thursday. It's good to get the work underway at last.:smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
'Morning all :hello:

Very wet overnight but just a grey day now.

Mrs B is at day care and the heating engineer is busy flushing the system and looking round the pipework so that he can leave things ready for the plumber who will be putting the radiators into the new bathroom and kitchen. Main part of the work to be done next Wednesday and then a bit to finish on the Thursday. It's good to get the work underway at last.:smile:
Owdo

I warned you about cutting the grass. Blame yourself, no-one else, for the rain.

When you actually see the work being done, it feels as though you're getting somewhere.

Morning??

Blue

Legendary Member
Owdo

I warned you about cutting the grass. Blame yourself, no-one else, for the rain.

When you actually see the work being done, it feels as though you're getting somewhere.

Morning

Ah, but I got the grass cut, some moss raked out and a couple of the shrubs trimmed before the rain, so I was happy enough:tongue:. I didn't want to do too much as its 17 years since I've done garden work so I want to ease back into things and let my muscles relearn the effort.

Mrs B didn't want to get out of bed this morning because she 'felt unwell' - turned out she had a bit of an ache after helping me to pick up the clippings from the shrubs.

Yes, work is underway. While the heating engineer was here the plumber, who will be working in the bathroom and kitchen, nipped in and replaced the broken part in the cistern and the iffy bathroom light switch so life has improved already as those defects have been a bother with Mrs B.^_^

It was dry earlier but it's now chucking it down again. Supposed to dry up later.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, but I got the grass cut, some moss raked out and a couple of the shrubs trimmed before the rain, so I was happy enough:tongue:. I didn't want to do too much as its 17 years since I've done garden work so I want to ease back into things and let my muscles relearn the effort.

Mrs B didn't want to get out of bed this morning because she 'felt unwell' - turned out she had a bit of an ache after helping me to pick up the clippings from the shrubs.

Yes, work is underway. While the heating engineer was here the plumber, who will be working in the bathroom and kitchen, nipped in and replaced the broken part in the cistern and the iffy bathroom light switch so life has improved already as those defects have been a bother with Mrs B.^_^

It was dry earlier but it's now chucking it down again. Supposed to dry up later.
If you'd not cut the grass, it wouldn't have rained. To go at it a second time was inviting disaster.
Letting your muscles "relearn the effort" is a new excuse.

The plumber replaced an iffy light switch. Isn't that a job for an electrician?

Was the "iffy" switch turning the light off without actually giving the positive click that it was off? Just enough of a gap to part the contacts, but not far enough apart to stop a spark jumping between them.

Oh, we have rain here. Headed North East, so will be with you soon, if not sooner.

Blue

Legendary Member
If you'd not cut the grass, it wouldn't have rained. To go at it a second time was inviting disaster.
Letting your muscles "relearn the effort" is a new excuse.

The plumber replaced an iffy light switch. Isn't that a job for an electrician?

Was the "iffy" switch turning the light off without actually giving the positive click that it was off? Just enough of a gap to part the contacts, but not far enough apart to stop a spark jumping between them.

Oh, we have rain here. Headed North East, so will be with you soon, if not sooner.
The light was sticking at times so that it often wouldn't switch on/off when the cord was pulled. The plumber just replaced the whole ceiling unit.

The heating engineer knows the plumber well and when he walked into the bathroom he actually asked if he was an electrician now! I was just happy to have a working switch.:smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
The light was sticking at times so that it often wouldn't switch on/off when the cord was pulled. The plumber just replaced the whole ceiling unit.

The heating engineer knows the plumber well and when he walked into the bathroom he actually asked if he was an electrician now! I was just happy to have a working switch.:smile:
You watch the bulb will go now.

Unless you have a spare to hand!

Blue

Legendary Member
You watch the bulb will go now.

Unless you have a spare to hand!
Yes, plenty of spares - had to replace one in the outside porch light and I expect others to blow now that the house is back in operation after being unoccupied for so long.

No doubt I'll need more when the rewire is being done - hopefully the first week of March.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, plenty of spares - had to replace one in the outside porch light and I expect others to blow now that the house is back in operation after being unoccupied for so long.

No doubt I'll need more when the rewire is being done - hopefully the first week of March.
They're not as cheap as they used to be either. £5.00 for a light bulb!
You could have bought a packet of them for that price a few years ago.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo

Isn't modern technology something. You can sit and watch your item(s) as they get closer, then wonder where it/they're going/gone as they depart in the opposite direction.

Mind?

Morning??
Headed out and did a quick 15 plus this afternoon, it rained almost the whole way.
the wind didn't drop..
Good to get out though...

Evening..
almost four hours in to a live US financial services thing,
I take back the comment about our elected representatives being wahoos,
one country beats this hands down..
I'm almost brain dead...

I need a drink..or two or three^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Headed out and did a quick 15 plus this afternoon, it rained almost the whole way.
the wind didn't drop..
Good to get out though...

Evening..
almost four hours in to a live US financial services thing,
I take back the comment about our elected representatives being wahoos,
one country beats this hands down..
I'm almost brain dead...

I need a drink..or two or three^_^
Cover yourself in soap the next time and get a wash whilst you cycle.

Driven to drink by the telly!
Switch it off, or change channel.

Top Bottom