Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Good morning, nah, Good afternoon (that's it):hello:
Had to cycle to screwfix (other places are available) due to the boss watching tennis....
there is now light:cuppa:

in the oven:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Haven't got any rum...
Idea, but none of that spiced stuff....
spent sometime, upgrading the SD card from one of my Pis,
new fork of Linux (think what it is called)
so all four feeders all updated plus installed the other three programs I use..
lost some records but that is more just to see how things are working,
:cuppa: I think...

I forgot to post it last night:laugh:
No rum!
I'd go on strike if I were Captain. Refuse to sail anywhere.

And somewhere in that data, now lost, will be one tiny piece of information you'll need later. Only you won't realise this until it's needed.

Busy night?

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning, nah, Good afternoon (that's it):hello:
Had to cycle to screwfix (other places are available) due to the boss watching tennis....
there is now light:cuppa:

in the oven:laugh:
Much later and it"ll have been "Hello, good evening and welcome".

Tennis were on the telly, the Boss was watching it, and you'd to cycle to screwfix so there could be light in the oven!

Have you no torch that could have been used? Is it really that big an oven.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
No rum!
I'd go on strike if I were Captain. Refuse to sail anywhere.

And somewhere in that data, now lost, will be one tiny piece of information you'll need later. Only you won't realise this until it's needed.

Busy night?
the info now gone isn't relevant as I keep it for reference to see how the system is working.
I could get it if I wanted but TBH, I'd have to swap and find it...
Did have one wee blip, one of the sites I feed had me online but no inpat, I had used the wrong port number so now tickety boo.
For example.

adaptive.jpg

This lets me know that adaptive gain (automatically changes to suit) isn't working for me so I now will go and disable it, I have other windows like this. The gain was greatly reduced and obviously 'messages' received had gone down drastically with it.. done now. I have set gain to what it was before
the gain chart for roughly same period
gain.jpg

Much later and it"ll have been "Hello, good evening and welcome".

Tennis were on the telly, the Boss was watching it, and you'd to cycle to screwfix so there could be light in the oven!

Have you no torch that could have been used? Is it really that big an oven.
Nah, standard size.
I googled it and it looked a simple job, it showed a screw bulb but no, ours is halogen..
bright now

classic33

Leg End Member
the info now gone isn't relevant as I keep it for reference to see how the system is working.
I could get it if I wanted but TBH, I'd have to swap and find it...
Did have one wee blip, one of the sites I feed had me online but no inpat, I had used the wrong port number so now tickety boo.
For example.

View attachment 628889
This lets me know that adaptive gain (automatically changes to suit) isn't working for me so I now will go and disable it, I have other windows like this. The gain was greatly reduced and obviously 'messages' received had gone down drastically with it.. done now. I have set gain to what it was before
the gain chart for roughly same period
View attachment 628890

Nah, standard size.
I googled it and it looked a simple job, it showed a screw bulb but no, ours is halogen..
bright now
Does the blip "explain the "quiet periods" at 14:45 & 14:55?

Just seemed an odd set of events that came at the same time.
Simple push-in or twist and push to get the replacement in place?

No further thought given to strike action on your part.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Does the blip "explain the "quiet periods" at 14:45 & 14:55?

Just seemed an odd set of events that came at the same time.
Simple push-in or twist and push to get the replacement in place?

No further thought given to strike action on your part.
The difference is in the amount of 'messages' received
messages.jpg

You can see when it adjusted the gain, it would help if I could reduce the amount of single messages as some of them throw up false decodes and some strange stuff in the database, problem there is that Virtual Radar Server used to have access to an updated database which fed down to users like me, as a new code or re-used code was issued it would get the latest allocation, now I have a quick check each evening to see what has appeared. I should just renew the database every so often but TBH I dunno why I still keep one, I never check back more than two days, I get two days reports with VRS . Time to rethink.

classic33

Leg End Member
The difference is in the amount of 'messages' received
View attachment 628927
You can see when it adjusted the gain, it would help if I could reduce the amount of single messages as some of them throw up false decodes and some strange stuff in the database, problem there is that Virtual Radar Server used to have access to an updated database which fed down to users like me, as a new code or re-used code was issued it would get the latest allocation, now I have a quick check each evening to see what has appeared. I should just renew the database every so often but TBH I dunno why I still keep one, I never check back more than two days, I get two days reports with VRS . Time to rethink.
And the likes of yourself are feeding that back as aircraft are going about the sky?

Why the sharp increase(Shown in green) at 14:45. The last one showed it going quiet at that time.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
And the likes of yourself are feeding that back as aircraft are going about the sky?

Why the sharp increase(Shown in green) at 14:45. The last one showed it going quiet at that time.
The spike is me changing the gain, basically I switched the adaptive gain off...
I'm looking closer at the adaptive gain as the less 'pink' the better as they wouldn't implement it if it wasn't of use.
It may get switched back on..

I have a 'live' map of what I'm picking up.. the infos are uploaded to 4 sites once every 5 mins, been active since 21Nov 2016 (5 days off while we moved house)

Look at image, note between 14 to15, how light the shading is and that is when the gain dived down to 20odd so I 'lost aircraft, the deeper the blue the more planes are seen, 10-11 was the busiest today
feed.jpg

My gain is normally 42 or 44,
I can use a script to check various gains and find me what is the best average, running it over as long as I want.
:cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
The spike is me changing the gain, basically I switched the adaptive gain off...
I'm looking closer at the adaptive gain as the less 'pink' the better as they wouldn't implement it if it wasn't of use.
It may get switched back on..

I have a 'live' map of what I'm picking up.. the infos are uploaded to 4 sites once every 5 mins, been active since 21Nov 2016 (5 days off while we moved house)

Look at image, note between 14 to15, how light the shading is and that is when the gain dived down to 20odd so I 'lost aircraft, the deeper the blue the more planes are seen, 10-11 was the busiest today
View attachment 628974
My gain is normally 42 or 44,
I can use a script to check various gains and find me what is the best average, running it over as long as I want.
:cuppa:
"Plane spotting" from inside the house.
You need Brandanes thread on closet plane spotters, or do your computers take up too much room to fit in a closet?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
leeds.jpg

Using Leeds (approx) as centre, this would be the coverage of planes at 30,000 ft ASL, I reckon on a decent set up, I'd be 4 figures a day there. 300 (a plane counts only one per day) I'm presently averaging.

Top Bottom