Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Morning everybody, seems it's all been happening since I was last in this thread :evil:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
The pot stirred...
grounds for divorce...
now was the fruitcake of our discontent...
they bikkit here, they bikkit there...

No brains any of them see?
Got to be berated with a naughty stick in public instead of being politely taken aside one by one and having a quiet word.
It's not like it's hard to do the latter and not like knowing who to speak to if you're in possession of the ammunition of proof to back up your point.
Instead, for all too see, unanswerable (on threat of banning and therefore no answering) allegations are made in a post.

We all participate in the forum in different places on it, we welcome new CC members on the first post thread and then they find the parts that they like to take part in, it's so varied it caters for all sorts. Even has a irreverent Cafe.
I posted on 'What I like about Cycle Chat'
I found CC an inspirational place to come and read stuff when I was just wanting to be able to cycle again, a help when I joined and was finally cycling again after my stroke, a reason to cycle, enjoy it, take pictures, share stories on the Your Ride Today which in turn motivated me to get out and do some more. Writing for those posts grew into writing for a blog and then other writing avenues opened up.

I must admit that I come on for the social and some fun now rather than needing any advice but I know where to turn should I need any help of that sort.

I learned how to use the ignore button, to stop seeing posts from posters that, to me, were annoying. I assume you can look at my list @Shaun ? It's not that long really.

I'll stay, it's mostly fun and friendly as advertised. I just find this particular part heavy handed and more than necessary. :cuppa:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Morning Teapups.
Hi @IDMark2 :hello: @Spike on a bike :hello: @welsh dragon:hello::rose: @twentysix by twentyfive :hello:@Col5632 :hello:

I've been away since Tuesday and have no idea what's happened. Have tea drinkers threatened to overthrow coffee drinkers? A plot against people who prefer custard creams over bourbons?

Anyway. Raining here so we are having a day of doing not a lot. We are going to photograph the stuff for gumtree and list it. That's about it really. Oh, I can't believe how much my shoulders ache from 3 days of driving a lot.
1/10. 9 to go :smile:

Edited to add smiley for WD. I cannot believe that I didn't put a waveyman after @welsh dragon.

Last edited:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't get it. What's been going on in here? I've always assumed it was a similar thread to the Beer thread but for tea so never bothered coming in. All of a sudden it's the talk of the forums.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Good Morning all (made it with 4 mins to go as I start writing but keep getting interrupted lol)

What has been going on indeed! Like IDMark2, I just block those that I don't want to see.
However, double standards are another thing.
Yes, boards/threads have to be monitored - I know through experience of working for an International ISP, how a good system works.

It's a shame that people using the Tea board have had jibes and digs posted towards them, on the Mundane thread, yet these posts have been left up and the post regarding only posting 10 posts a day in there has been removed, yet the restriction on this thread remains?
Unbiased, good moderation? Not IMO.

(9)

stephec

Legendary Member
Well if you lot are going to waste your post count talking nonsense then I'm posting something sensible.

Mrs Stephec has been to the chest clinic this morning and had two cysts removed.

The consultant who did it was spot on, she explained everything as she went along and said there's nothing more to worry about, even though she arranged for a mammogram as a precaution as well. :smile:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well if you lot are going to waste your post count talking nonsense then I'm posting something sensible.

Mrs Stephec has been to the chest clinic this morning and had two cysts removed.

The consultant who did it was spot on, she explained everything as she went along and said there's nothing more to worry about, even though she arranged for a mammogram as a precaution as well. :smile:
Great news. Did she have the cysts drained? They didn't bother with mine.

For those noticing numbers after my posts, it's to remind me how many posts I have left. I am not being smart, I have a brain condition and a poor memory.
(8)

Top Bottom