Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo
Too wet for a frost here, despite clear skies.

You're getting to be like Mo with the porridge. You'll be up and running before too long.

If you're using WiFi to make your calls, ask about a refund on your line rental.
Their customer service has a novel answer to the problem, "Give us a call the next time you have this issue." How with no signal?

Can we stick Bacon on the next rocket launched from the spaceport up your way?

Morning??
I could eat porridge at any time of the day, so good..
none of this adding anything thoughxx(

I can see the odd one or two bar signal, I can make or receive calls but to be safe, I just use the wifi option, outside the house is no problem, I'm situated in most likely the lowest part of the adjoining area.
I already have a good discount on my account..it used to better but since they got taken over it got further slashed..
I had a wee look at their upgrade phone plans..
haven't stopped laughing...

Blue

Legendary Member
G'day all :hello:

It's been sunny here so far.

Got Mrs B back to Day Care today and also cleared the old garage. That's us finished with the old place, bar reading the meters when I'm called to sign a contract. We can now concentrate on sorting things out a bit better in the new place.

I got my replacement driving licence, with the new address, today so I feel more 'official' and can start changing details with the banks and Building Society.:laugh:

All this talk of phone signals reminded me of a nice surprise in the new place. Our RTE signal was piss poor in the old place but all our TV signals, including RTE, are brilliant in the new place - maybe to so with being on top of a hill with better orientation than the old place. Anyhow, I'm very glad to get a good RTE signal as there can be some good films etc., on at times.

I wasn't home this morning so don't know if the cat came back. However, last night felt like Cyprus as there was a right set-to between a couple of cats in the back garden around midnight! Couldn't see anything as it's so dark, without light pollution, in the back garden at night. In Cyprus it used to be like living in the jungle once night fell as all the feral cats would get stuck in to each other.

Mentioning the darkness of the back garden reminds me of a plan. Once we are settled I hope to get a telescope and a picnic table to do some sky-watching from out there. I'll have to do some research on scopes and then find a retailer with stock(not an easy thing at the moment)!

classic33

Leg End Member
G'day all :hello:

It's been sunny here so far.

Got Mrs B back to Day Care today and also cleared the old garage. That's us finished with the old place, bar reading the meters when I'm called to sign a contract. We can now concentrate on sorting things out a bit better in the new place.

I got my replacement driving licence, with the new address, today so I feel more 'official' and can start changing details with the banks and Building Society.:laugh:

All this talk of phone signals reminded me of a nice surprise in the new place. Our RTE signal was piss poor in the old place but all our TV signals, including RTE, are brilliant in the new place - maybe to so with being on top of a hill with better orientation than the old place. Anyhow, I'm very glad to get a good RTE signal as there can be some good films etc., on at times.

I wasn't home this morning so don't know if the cat came back. However, last night felt like Cyprus as there was a right set-to between a couple of cats in the back garden around midnight! Couldn't see anything as it's so dark, without light pollution, in the back garden at night. In Cyprus it used to be like living in the jungle once night fell as all the feral cats would get stuck in to each other.

Mentioning the darkness of the back garden reminds me of a plan. Once we are settled I hope to get a telescope and a picnic table to do some sky-watching from out there. I'll have to do some research on scopes and then find a retailer with stock(not an easy thing at the moment)!
Ayup

You've turned the gas off, made sure you've left no lights on?

Fair City, Ros Na Run...

What's the bettng whatever you try changing, any letter concerning it will be sent to the old address.

No lights at night is brilliant. Fewer people venturing out for starters. On a clear night the views can be worth just being there. Daylight views can be just as good.

Hope the pair of you enjoy it.

classic33

Leg End Member
I could eat porridge at any time of the day, so good..
none of this adding anything thoughxx(

I can see the odd one or two bar signal, I can make or receive calls but to be safe, I just use the wifi option, outside the house is no problem, I'm situated in most likely the lowest part of the adjoining area.
I already have a good discount on my account..it used to better but since they got taken over it got further slashed..
I had a wee look at their upgrade phone plans..
haven't stopped laughing...
You'll not mind having it for your supper then.

EE were always owned by BT, in their current setup. Prior to that it was a Carphone warehouse company that went bust. BT prohibited from holding a mobile phone operator's license due the BT Cellnet fiasco.

Since Orange were taken over, they couldn't care less about customer's who were with them.

Which one will you be upgrading to?

Blue

Legendary Member
Ayup

You've turned the gas off, made sure you've left no lights on?

Fair City, Ros Na Run...

What's the bettng whatever you try changing, any letter concerning it will be sent to the old address.

No lights at night is brilliant. Fewer people venturing out for starters. On a clear night the views can be worth just being there. Daylight views can be just as good.

Hope the pair of you enjoy it.
Thanks Classic :okay:

No lights on but I've left the gas heating on the frost setting so any use should be nil. When I get the call to leave the keys in I'll read and photograph the meters on my way to the solicitors. I've paid for a post divert from the old address so I hope little gets through, given that I've sent out a lot of change of address letters already and will do more over the next few weeks.

It's nice to know that we can now concentrate on 'home' - that will benefit Mrs B.^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks Classic :okay:

No lights on but I've left the gas heating on the frost setting so any use should be nil. When I get the call to leave the keys in I'll read and photograph the meters on my way to the solicitors. I've paid for a post divert from the old address so I hope little gets through, given that I've sent out a lot of change of address letters already and will do more over the next few weeks.

It's nice to know that we can now concentrate on 'home' - that will benefit Mrs B.^_^
I think it will benefit you as well. No street lights and possibly a telescope set up out back. Pointing out Uranus, whilst looking for little green men.

classic33

Leg End Member
Our local DoH has just issued their detailed Vaccine Timetable. We are due to get our shots next month(precise date unknown).

This will be welcome as I have a busy time keeping Mrs B safe because she just doesn't understand the whole pandemic issue.
Nothing as advanced as a timetable here. Sit and wait being the only option at present.

If it helps put your mind at ease, even a bit, it's an extra.

Blue

Legendary Member
:cuppa:

Tesco didn't have my usual teabags last week so I got some blended by a local company, Thompson's, to try - their 'signature' blend - very nice it is too. I think it will go well with my peanut butter on muffins at the week-end:hungry:

Blue

Legendary Member
Another with no tea!

What's wrong with folk?
We have a lot of empty spaces on shelves and in freezers in the supermarkets.

Due to the extra admin associated with bringing goods into NI since 1st Jan some hauliers/businesses just aren't bothering to deliver goods. Some folk are wondering if it will drive NI closer to the ROI market if it isn't sorted quickly. One of the results of NI staying aligned to the EU in some areas because of the land border and the GFA.

classic33

Leg End Member
We have a lot of empty spaces on shelves and in freezers in the supermarkets.

Due to the extra admin associated with bringing goods into NI since 1st Jan some hauliers/businesses just aren't bothering to deliver goods. Some folk are wondering if it will drive NI closer to the ROI market if it isn't sorted quickly. One of the results of NI staying aligned to the EU in some areas because of the land border and the GFA.
Said more because Andy In Germany ran out of tea only the other week.

There's the requirement for a valid vaccination certificate required for the ferries as well. Due to the latest strains/variants. Ireland is much the same, with some saying Ireland is the island, not just part of it. Not getting political, they just want to avoid anyone travelling through NI to avoid the certicate requirement.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning fine people:hello:
It's been frosty out...
I haven't been out this year yet, laziness? maybe ^_^
more likely the freezing WX..
don't want to slide along the black stuff on me erchie(or worse)
EE were always owned by BT, in their current setup. Prior to that it was a Carphone warehouse company that went bust. BT prohibited from holding a mobile phone operator's license due the BT Cellnet fiasco.

Since Orange were taken over, they couldn't care less about customer's who were with them.

Which one will you be upgrading to?
I know O2 work as I organised the Mrs to them..
Upgrade might be use same phone and a cheapo sim, I use under 1gb monthly.
I already have an O2 PAYG sim in an android phone which I could use...
with so many sim deals you can get something around £5-7 which would do..
End of May so will just keep going 'till then...

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning fine people:hello:
It's been frosty out...
I haven't been out this year yet, laziness? maybe ^_^
more likely the freezing WX..
don't want to slide along the black stuff on me erchie(or worse)

I know O2 work as I organised the Mrs to them..
Upgrade might be use same phone and a cheapo sim, I use under 1gb monthly.
I already have an O2 PAYG sim in an android phone which I could use...
with so many sim deals you can get something around £5-7 which would do..
End of May so will just keep going 'till then...
It was frosty out earlier. Pink sky now with the sun trying to appear. I see we have rain/sleet/snow forecast for later in the day depending on how high you live. Hopefully it will remain on higher ground.

Top Bottom