Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
That def was the poorest ever,
it's one chain where you almost get the same quality each time, I like the occasional Maccys...

Hi! regards to you both,
I was a greenkeeper and you should see the mess of my back green.....

Porridge with toast after..
Headed down to the Kelpies for a stroll to see the impressive beasties after a quick 'hello/cheerio' visit to eldest daughter..
Lazy afternoon with TdF and management and her obsession with tennis..
I had to wait until after the Nadal game to get fed......
anyhoo, toodlepip!!!
That reminds me of a laugh that I got a few weeks back.

I got off the turbo and told Mrs B that I was going for a shave and shower. As soon as I turned the shower off I could hear Mrs B crying in the hall so I popped my head out the bathroom door to see if she was OK. Mrs B can't make memory and suffers from separation anxiety so she thought I'd gone away and left her. When she saw me she said "Oh, thank God, I was worried because I didn't know how I was going to get my dinner" (not at all concerned about me per se)!

I suppose food is more important than relationships in the hierarchy of needs!! I know my place.

Blue

Legendary Member
Hope that you're taking care of yourself in all of this.

Easy say, but must be a lot harder do.

I try, but it isn't easy.

Mrs B went in to a Care Home for a couple of weeks in June to give me some respite. I got the report back that she thought I had died because she hadn't seen me for a while!

I did enjoy the break as I got out to the pub a couple of times and was able to chat with a few of my old karaoke buddies.:cheers:

classic33

Leg End Member
I try, but it isn't easy.

Mrs B went in to a Care Home for a couple of weeks in June to give me some respite. I got the report back that she thought I had died because she hadn't seen me for a while!

I did enjoy the break as I got out to the pub a couple of times and was able to chat with a few of my old karaoke buddies.:cheers:
It can't be easy, going on previous posts. And you're still there for her.

Even a days break for yourself, can help, and that's important.

Did you join in with the singing?

And Owdo

Blue

Legendary Member
It can't be easy, going on previous posts. And you're still there for her.

Even a days break for yourself, can help, and that's important.

Did you join in with the singing?

And Owdo

Unfortunately, nothing is easy these days. When I picked Mrs B up from the Care Home a member of the care team twice whispered to me, once to say I was doing a great job and the 2nd time to tell me that most people wouldn't be doing what I was doing. As Mrs B was present I didn't pursue the conversation but I took it that 2 weeks of caring for Mrs B gave an insight to the difficulties of the stage she is now experiencing.

My lovely wife has all but disappeared under her symptoms so it's not just a physical burden, but also an emotional roller coaster. It used to be that I could see my wife, with some dementia symptoms being experienced, whereas, I now can only see dementia, with the occasional glimpse of my wife. I'll just carry on until I can't manage. It's heart-breaking to see such a beautiful, intelligent and physically fit women reduced to the shell she has become.

As I recently said to my son, if I were in Mrs B's state I'd rather be dead than have someone keeping me going. Such are the harsh thoughts that spring to mind when dementia paints one into a corner. I will have some tough decisions to make in the future and I don't relish that thought.

classic33

Leg End Member
Unfortunately, nothing is easy these days. When I picked Mrs B up from the Care Home a member of the care team twice whispered to me, once to say I was doing a great job and the 2nd time to tell me that most people wouldn't be doing what I was doing. As Mrs B was present I didn't pursue the conversation but I took it that 2 weeks of caring for Mrs B gave an insight to the difficulties of the stage she is now experiencing.

My lovely wife has all but disappeared under her symptoms so it's not just a physical burden, but also an emotional roller coaster. It used to be that I could see my wife, with some dementia symptoms being experienced, whereas, I now can only see dementia, with the occasional glimpse of my wife. I'll just carry on until I can't manage. It's heart-breaking to see such a beautiful, intelligent and physically fit women reduced to the shell she has become.

As I recently said to my son, if I were in Mrs B's state I'd rather be dead than have someone keeping me going. Such are the harsh thoughts that spring to mind when dementia paints one into a corner. I will have some tough decisions to make in the future and I don't relish that thought.
Seems that all to often in recent years that they spend their last years in a care home. Sometimes with no family visiting. She still has you there for her, and that will be important even if you don't see it

Sad to be reading this. Remember the good times, the brain has an amazing way of making connections and you might just trigger more of those in her.

Here's to not having to make those decisions too soon.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Good afternoonthingy:hello:
I've been a fella filling filler in the shed and got lost in it..
then I had to spray some pesticide and forgot about wind direction..
been a day so far..
Waiting on the filler drying so I can sand it down.

inside was of course, sauna like....

TdF heating up..
feet up until it ends (this stage)

Take it easy...

classic33

Leg End Member
Good afternoonthingy:hello:
I've been a fella filling filler in the shed and got lost in it..
then I had to spray some pesticide and forgot about wind direction..
been a day so far..
Waiting on the filler drying so I can sand it down.

inside was of course, sauna like....

TdF heating up..
feet up until it ends (this stage)

Take it easy...
Owdo
A fella filling filler in a fellas shed, and you got lost in it. How big is the shed.
Will you make the same mistake with the wind direction next time.
Dry, with increasing sunshine. Still unable to rain properly. Means more unsettled weather on the way.
Should have dried by now, if you check.

When it's over, what'll you do. No more feet up in front of the telly...

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo
A fella filling filler in a fellas shed, and you got lost in it. How big is the shed.
Will you make the same mistake with the wind direction next time.
Dry, with increasing sunshine. Still unable to rain properly. Means more unsettled weather on the way.
Should have dried by now, if you check.

When it's over, what'll you do. No more feet up in front of the telly...

It says 24 hours before you can sand it...
tomorrow mornings work...
not long in and it could probably be done..
I do what it says on the tub...

Size?
lets say I moved the tractor and trailer into the house to make some space,
size? 8' x6' I think.....

classic33

Leg End Member
It says 24 hours before you can sand it...
tomorrow mornings work...
not long in and it could probably be done..
I do what it says on the tub...

Size?
lets say I moved the tractor and trailer into the house to make some space,
size? 8' x 6' I think.....
I'd go with the instructions in that case, pointing that bit out to anyone who asks why you're doing nothing.
Can't take the whole morning, surely.
You or the filler?

Summat like this?
1657199352909.png

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a John Deere.....
I'll rub it down tomorrow..
then give it a coat of something....

Rumour has it is ours via Airbus....
John Deere, everyone has one of those. A Massey Ferguson isn't as common.
You mean the filling when you say you'll rub it down. Not yer John Deere.
Something should work, have you enough for the job in hand?

Wouldn't surprise me, but who are "R" & "C" and why does "R" love "C" to do things this way. Beats strava art any day.

Blue

Legendary Member
Seems that all to often in recent years that they spend their last years in a care home. Sometimes with no family visiting. She still has you there for her, and that will be important even if you don't see it

Sad to be reading this. Remember the good times, the brain has an amazing way of making connections and you might just trigger more of those in her.

Here's to not having to make those decisions too soon.

Wise words, as always.

I'm already putting that tactic to good use as I sing Greek karaoke to her and remind her of the nights when we sang those songs in Cyprus - always cheers both of us.:dance::dance:

Top Bottom