Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Legendary Member
Location
Behind You
Neat bit of trivia.

Kinda puts what can be caught in the local rivers over here well and truly into small fry territory. You planning on trying to beat his record? No idea of his UK record.

Not bothered if the website is shortchanging you. They may be "cancelling" days now yer no longer giving them money... BBand, ABand not work out so you moved onto B. Soon to move to CBand?

And the supports mean more cleaning up for you. Can understand you not liking having to clean up more than needed.
Could be the curse of the crystal skull...

I don't mind some brim and supports but some stuff needs plenty mucho esp if hollow.
Wish my daughters would look not at Tiktok as i get some odd requests for stuff, one 'order' should be finished at 1.30am (I misread the time :laugh:).
Luckily Mrs M cannot hear the printer (I can).

Been a long day
 

classic33

Leg End Member
We couldn't geton our ferry of choice but would have been okay for the next one, two hours later but an option of another very short ferry across to the mainland but a fair drive around way home but Mrs M was more than happy to drive. Loch Fyne then up over the Rest and Be Thankful, down the west bank of Loch Lomond then the wibbly wobbly way to avoid Glasgow, 135 mins later we got home..
If we'd have waited with works traffic, probably at least 150 mins later than we did. Beag fair enjoyed himself, we now have to take the Toodles Twins next year....
You been on yer travels again! Talk of ferries makes it sound as though you've been on a mini tour of the islands. Taking the Young Un with you.
Mrs M doesn't sound like someone who doesn't like driving. And would jump at the chance to do some.
Did you stop at the Rest and Be Thankful, to rest and give thanks?
Can you take all three at once. The singing alone will scare the bejesus out of the locals.
 

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't mind some brim and supports but some stuff needs plenty mucho esp if hollow.
Wish my daughters would look not at Tiktok as i get some odd requests for stuff, one 'order' should be finished at 1.30am (I misread the time :laugh:).
Luckily Mrs M cannot hear the printer (I can).

Been a long day
Hang on, the "Skull of Skulls" is hollow...
You split the printing requests between yerself and yer daughter who also has a 3D printer. Yer not taking orders from her by any chance.
No doubt you'll be getting up to go out and remove the latest project off the printer. Not trusting it to wait whilst morning.
Well you do have the phone keeping an eye on it, from the comfort of yer seat.

A long day that you seemed to have enjoyed though.
 

Bobby Mhor

Legendary Member
Location
Behind You
Hang on, the "Skull of Skulls" is hollow...
You split the printing requests between yerself and yer daughter who also has a 3D printer. Yer not taking orders from her by any chance.
No doubt you'll be getting up to go out and remove the latest project off the printer. Not trusting it to wait whilst morning.
Well you do have the phone keeping an eye on it, from the comfort of yer seat.

A long day that you seemed to have enjoyed though.

3D prints are rarely solid,
I think the skull had 2 'walls' and the rest was structured 'infill'
Screenshot 2026-08-11 071949.jpg

Mind you the 'thing' I just finished just under half a spool to make...
and I wasn't happy with the finish..

Yep, a long and fun day.
IMG_1187.JPEG

Looking to Arran..
I tried to get the sky to dominate the photo as it was exceptional lighting..
 

classic33

Leg End Member
3D prints are rarely solid,
I think the skull had 2 'walls' and the rest was structured 'infill'
View attachment 818087
Mind you the 'thing' I just finished just under half a spool to make...
and I wasn't happy with the finish..

Yep, a long and fun day.
View attachment 818091
Looking to Arran..
I tried to get the sky to dominate the photo as it was exceptional lighting..
I thought the one you'd printed was a trial piece for the walking stick headers.
Hollow would last no time at all on a walking stick.
Half a spool! How big is it.
What made you unhappy with the finish...

Its something you'd do again then, no questions asked.
Looks good, and on "yer doorstep*" as well.
No need to go abroad when you've views like that. Who or what is in the centre of the picture, just beyond the sandbank.
Would you move to where you were viewing. You'd be able to get a photo looking back at where you took that one from.
Decent natural lighting as you say.
 

Bobby Mhor

Legendary Member
Location
Behind You
Owdo
Parting is such sweet sorrow, but I'm sure you'll cope.
Chaos theory in practice...
Brekkie worth it, or something more required for the day.

I thought the one you'd printed was a trial piece for the walking stick headers.
Hollow would last no time at all on a walking stick.
Half a spool! How big is it.
What made you unhappy with the finish...

Its something you'd do again then, no questions asked.
Looks good, and on "yer doorstep*" as well.
No need to go abroad when you've views like that. Who or what is in the centre of the picture, just beyond the sandbank.
Would you move to where you were viewing. You'd be able to get a photo looking back at where you took that one from.
Decent natural lighting as you say.

Not a full size skull but far too big for a walking stick..
As previously mention, resin could be the way to go...
Kids laugh when they see it :laugh:

Big, 440 gm or something, I'm presently making another,
two kids wanting one each..different colour this time..
Fits well, they had to bring everything down to show me:laugh:

Must fly to help...3 g/kids is too much
 

Bobby Mhor

Legendary Member
Location
Behind You
IMG_1194.JPEG

This is 15% infill so the skull, see info above, was 8% so much closer,
The lower the number, the more strength in the build but more material used..
the very light showing at the side is a very light 'brim'
 

classic33

Leg End Member
Not a full size skull but far too big for a walking stick..
As previously mention, resin could be the way to go...
Kids laugh when they see it :laugh:

Big, 440 gm or something, I'm presently making another,
two kids wanting one each..different colour this time..
Fits well, they had to bring everything down to show me:laugh:

Must fly to help...3 g/kids is too much
Thought it were a test piece for yer future printing order.
Can you print resin, and would it be worth it.
Put it somewhere they wouldn't be expecting to see it.

Is that after the supports are removed. Decent weight, I'll give you that.
Will the two kids be paying for them? Bright(blood) red...
Fits yer walking stick. Nice of them to bring it to show you.

Yer doing well, take yer time and have them holding their horses...
 

Bobby Mhor

Legendary Member
Location
Behind You
Does the above provide much support to the printed pieces.

It would considering it is only meant to hold little figures...
the skull has no load bearing needs..
Thought it were a test piece for yer future printing order.
Can you print resin, and would it be worth it.
Put it somewhere they wouldn't be expecting to see it.

Is that after the supports are removed. Decent weight, I'll give you that.
Will the two kids be paying for them? Bright(blood) red...
Fits yer walking stick. Nice of them to bring it to show you.

Yer doing well, take yer time and have them holding their horses...

Resin? if I could, no...
There are other plastics I could melt but fumes then are a problem, I'll get by with PLA and PETG.
I did one in sunshine yellow.
I tried some 'ironing' and used the usual settings for it but it left an odd raised piece at each end of the 'steps' so this one I just used the normal settings and was good, due to the higher speed of the first operation, the fan would be at full and there would be nowhere for the air to escape so the finish was affected but not enough to make the piece useless, in fact they were more than happy with it.
Now trying out a bit of Vivaldi browser....
 

classic33

Leg End Member
It would considering it is only meant to hold little figures...
the skull has no load bearing needs..
Fair do's...
Wouldn't those you were thinking of doing for walking sticks be taking a bit of weight through them?
Resin? if I could, no...
There are other plastics I could melt but fumes then are a problem, I'll get by with PLA and PETG.
I did one in sunshine yellow.
I tried some 'ironing' and used the usual settings for it but it left an odd raised piece at each end of the 'steps' so this one I just used the normal settings and was good, due to the higher speed of the first operation, the fan would be at full and there would be nowhere for the air to escape so the finish was affected but not enough to make the piece useless, in fact they were more than happy with it.
Now trying out a bit of Vivaldi browser....
I'm certain sure you mentioned printing in resin, which had me wondering how exactly it'd work.
Bigger extractor fan required...
Who'll be getting the bright yellow one?
Ironing on a 3D printer? Tha's some odd ways up them there parts... Another happy customer of Bob's Printing Shop. You'll be filing company accounts before you know it.
You weren't in there, watchin n'waitin were you. If the finished product were affected, just think what'd it do to your delicate hands...
Four Seasons by any chance.
 

Bobby Mhor

Legendary Member
Location
Behind You
Fair do's...
Wouldn't those you were thinking of doing for walking sticks be taking a bit of weight through them?

I'm certain sure you mentioned printing in resin, which had me wondering how exactly it'd work.
Bigger extractor fan required...
Who'll be getting the bright yellow one?
Ironing on a 3D printer? Tha's some odd ways up them there parts... Another happy customer of Bob's Printing Shop. You'll be filing company accounts before you know it.
You weren't in there, watchin n'waitin were you. If the finished product were affected, just think what'd it do to your delicate hands...
Four Seasons by any chance.

They were for the two Toodles, two different colours.
Labour of love :ohmy:

Too much hassle, I'll leave that to those making a few bob.

Ironing? it a way of finishing off the top layer, mostly.
I've used it before and it does work, but I might need to add top layers to make it work or just use the settings..

I even have a Vivaldi antenna somewhere..
Logging in progress
 

classic33

Leg End Member
They were for the two Toodles, two different colours.
Labour of love :ohmy:

Too much hassle, I'll leave that to those making a few bob.

Ironing? it a way of finishing off the top layer, mostly.
I've used it before and it does work, but I might need to add top layers to make it work or just use the settings..

I even have a Vivaldi antenna somewhere..
Logging in progress
No quarrelling over who got which one I hope.
You get a "Wow" from the elder one?

Those making a few bob. You mean yer not raking it in!

If ironing is leaving a step, at present, won't adding more top layers just keep adding a step. Or am I missing something very simple.
I'd be mucking about with the settings, don't know what you'll be doing.

Yer into this Vivaldi stuff then...
Much to do on the logging front tonight.
 
Top Bottom