Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
The KISS races seem quite popular and they run time at various times that ought to fit into both US and Europe's timezones. I'd start there.

http://kissraces.cc/race-schedule/

The Monday C/D (20:00 UTC) and the Tues Europe (ABCD) are the best fits for me. There's an iTT on Wednesdays that I might try on/off as well. The 100kms are probably not well suited for me :-0

Ta. Jlaw. Whilst the weather is pretty crap I'll do an endurance ride and a race. I'll look at kiss races. I want to get a solid 5+hours out on the road, but Zwift will be ideal until I can get outside without freezing or getting wet through. Fairweather I am :smile:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Unfortunately my policy is only to accept a friend request once.. :reading:

Now I am hurt!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Joining a Cyclechat League

Click search on BKools site

View attachment 340664

Search for Cyclechat

View attachment 340665

Just select Groups
Click on the relevant group

View attachment 340666

Click on Join this group

View attachment 340667

Come to this Forum and if not a member, Join.

Go to this thread.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/team-bkool-cyclechat.144689/

Announce that you want to join the various leagues and the admins for those league will tell you when it is done. Sometimes, not often, a request gets missed. Just come here and shout loudly that you've been missed.

Thank you, a lot more helpful than some I care not to mention.

You know who you are and consider yourselves chastised!

peterob

Veteran
Joining a Cyclechat League

Go to this thread.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/team-bkool-cyclechat.144689/

Announce that you want to join the various leagues and the admins for those league will tell you when it is done. Sometimes, not often, a request gets missed. Just come here and shout loudly that you've been missed.

Thanks for the summary! I'd like to give the Tuesday handicap a go. Is there a particular ride I should do so that a good starting handicap can be calculated?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob, I assume I add 'Zsun' to my name and log in a minute or so before time?

Andy, there is a Zwift update so I would log on tonight to download and update. Once that's done I would go into your profile and add zsun tonight. Mine reads
Bobinski NEO 54y 74k zsun ( mainly coz I do a lot of their rides) I leave it at that even if I do a PAC ride.
While you are there you can scroll down list of events top right and click on tomorrow's ride and it will give you option to join. Do so. Next morning do a warm up say from 8 or log in nearer start time and you will be presented with a countdown and option to do the ride. You can reject or join right up to start but I always join within a few mins of start and then taken to the pier where we all warm up. You will be wearing the zsun kit now! The only riders you will see down right hand side will be those doing the ride. When timer hits zero we all roll. Some roll fast- I stay with leader. And will be keeping an eye on you.

Be aware if you do a ride before hand and come out of it rather than wait and accept join then Zwift will close down and you will need time to restart- been there, done it and missed start of group ride!
See you in the morning :okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Andy, there is a Zwift update so I would log on tonight to download and update. Once that's done I would go into your profile and add zsun tonight. Mine reads
Bobinski NEO 54y 74k zsun ( mainly coz I do a lot of their rides) I leave it at that even if I do a PAC ride.
While you are there you can scroll down list of events top right and click on tomorrow's ride and it will give you option to join. Do so. Next morning do a warm up say from 8 or log in nearer start time and you will be presented with a countdown and option to do the ride. You can reject or join right up to start but I always join within a few mins of start and then taken to the pier where we all warm up. You will be wearing the zsun kit now! The only riders you will see down right hand side will be those doing the ride. When timer hits zero we all roll. Some roll fast- I stay with leader. And will be keeping an eye on you.

Be aware if you do a ride before hand and come out of it rather than wait and accept join then Zwift will close down and you will need time to restart- been there, done it and missed start of group ride!
See you in the morning :okay:

Welcome to
Team BKool CycleChat!

CXRAndy

Guru
Welcome to
Team BKool CycleChat!
:crazy:. Probably best to Zwift in a nother thread:biggrin:

JLaw

Veteran
Ta. Jlaw. Whilst the weather is pretty crap I'll do an endurance ride and a race. I'll look at kiss races. I want to get a solid 5+hours out on the road, but Zwift will be ideal until I can get outside without freezing or getting wet through. Fairweather I am :smile:
I'd certainly prefer to be outdoors as well. Weather is still crap here (we're measuring snow in feet this year -- it was enough to rip the snow guard off the roof of the garage last week) and if I walk in the backyard (with snowshoes) I'm level with the 2nd floor windows.

But even when weather is good, finding time for a real ride between work and the kids is tough, so I'm in the virtual world more than the real world.

Soarerv8

Über Member
Good lord I appear to have turned into @bobinski 's stalker. Falling asleep in a meeting with the accountants yesterday and my phone went mad informing me that he had started pedalling away in Zwift. I seem to have accidentally subscribed to the crazy ex girlfriend mode of that software. Please don't use Zwift late at night Bob or it will wake me up.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good lord I appear to have turned into @bobinski 's stalker. Falling asleep in a meeting with the accountants yesterday and my phone went mad informing me that he had started pedalling away in Zwift. I seem to have accidentally subscribed to the crazy ex girlfriend mode of that software. Please don't use Zwift late at night Bob or it will wake me up.

I am your ex girlfriend?!? :eek:

Top Bottom