Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Thanks all for the welcome:thumbsup:. I've not found it too easy in the short time I've been using Bkool to find live events with many users involved, so a regular Tuesday slot here would suit me perfectly. Yep my Bkool nickname is the same (peterob).
I can also highly recommend Thursday at 7 and the rerun at 5 on Saturday .
Welcome aboard the good ship cyclechat

BILL S

Guru
Thanks all for the welcome:thumbsup:. I've not found it too easy in the short time I've been using Bkool to find live events with many users involved, so a regular Tuesday slot here would suit me perfectly. Yep my Bkool nickname is the same (peterob).

:welcome: Peterob. Please request to join the Cyclechat Chaingang league. This is our Thursday and Saturday re-run live race.

Soarerv8

Über Member
Unfortunately in Zwift I seem to be suffering from a known issue according to the blog where there is a 4-5 second delay between me doing something and it translating to the software. From reading comments this is agnostic of trainer and affects some people but not others but does seem more prevalent of BKool trainers.
I can pedal to start and my Garmin could be showing 15-20 mph yet Zwift slowly creeps up like it is displaying an average speed.
I do wonder if I have a duff trainer as it now doesn't seem to work properly in bkool or Zwift.
Bkool technical support were friendly and quick but ultimately pretty useless.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Unfortunately in Zwift I seem to be suffering from a known issue according to the blog where there is a 4-5 second delay between me doing something and it translating to the software. From reading comments this is agnostic of trainer and affects some people but not others but does seem more prevalent of BKool trainers.
I can pedal to start and my Garmin could be showing 15-20 mph yet Zwift slowly creeps up like it is displaying an average speed.
I do wonder if I have a duff trainer as it now doesn't seem to work properly in bkool or Zwift.

that can be a signal conflict. try disabling bbuetooth on phone and pc/mac. Then restarting.Also perhaps disable the garmin app. Bluetooth on often made my bkool and then even the neo perform strangely in zwift when using pc.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
download (1).jpeg

AAAC 76C

Large Member
that can be a signal conflict. try disabling bbuetooth on phone and pc/mac. Then restarting.Also perhaps disable the garmin app. Bluetooth on often made my bkool and then even the neo perform strangely in zwift when using pc.

That would make total sense as the Garmin may well be transmitting different codes for speed that are similar but not on a 1:1 ratio to the BKool signal and hence the SIM, be it BSim or Zwift, is being confused.

Soarerv8

Über Member
Thanks will try killing everything other than the trainer and see how I get on. If not will give @berty bassett 's solution a go.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Thanks for the summary! I'd like to give the Tuesday handicap a go. Is there a particular ride I should do so that a good starting handicap can be calculated?

@peterob I have accepted you into the Handicap league. We will need some idea of your Handicap, but it is a new league next week, so I'm not sure yet what courses.

This is a good one if you want to try one out in the mean time...

http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/90248?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Oh and as an addition, is there a group in BKool that I should link onto?

For all new comers, don't forget to read the Bkool FAQ

I'll try and find time to update it fully for the new interface, but the league groups bit should still be fully relevant...

At the moment, Cyclechat won't let me edit the main post!

Joining Groups

There have been several questions about what groups/leagues we currently have. These groups are to encourage social interaction on this forum, and so are restricted to people who are active on this forum! Use the links below to request to join. Then please post your bkool name in the Joining a riding group on Bkool thread to let us know who you are: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/joining-a-riding-group-on-bkool.190255/

Currently active Bkool "Cyclechat" groups

Chaingang - Weekly Thurs evening rides, starts @7pm, repeat on Sat @5pm
Aimed at getting a large group riding (in 3D) at the same time (rides can be done at other times if you can't make the group rides). Mixed terrain to suit a wide range of abilities and there is generally someone of similar ability to race/ride with. Drafting is encouraged!
http://www.bkool.com/group/show/72022

Handicap Chase - Weekly Tues evening rides, start @7pm.
Staggered Starts based on a Handicap from previous performances. You need to obtain a Handicap before each session. These are designed to make the finish as close as possible, to give everyone a chance of glory.
http://www.bkool.com/group/show/136405

The following may or may not be active at any one time...

Mountain Goats - aimed at people who like long steep alpine climbs
http://www.bkool.com/group/show/75682

Mountain Moose - Longish less steep climbs for the larger rider
http://www.bkool.com/group/show/112763

Top 100 - Most of the UK Top 100 climbs, usually short and always steep
http://www.bkool.com/group/show/105919

For those who's Bkool username is very different to their Cyclechat username, it can be helpful for the rest of us if you have your Bkool username in your custom title, or failing that in a signature.

The custom title is the little phrase that appears under your cyclechat avatar...

upload_2016-2-5_11-0-50-png-117986-png.305130.png

You can set this in your Profile under Personal Details

upload_2016-2-5_11-2-4-png-117987-png.305131.png

Leagues

1) If it does not have a league symbol (a little cup) next to the session/result then it is not a league session!

2) If you open a league to see the list of sessions available. Scroll down the list to the one you want. There are 2 ways to select it.

Copy : Which copies the session to your scheduled events. This is the one you want.
To Favorites : Which copies the session to your favorites list. Do this if you want to ride it outside of the league.

Alternatively, you can find a posted league result you would like to compete with and challenge that result, to get a league session with a ghost of the rider with that result.

Go to your schedule and you should see, in the list, the session you have just chosen, with a cup symbol beside it, with the current days date. On my list it is usually the last one/s with the current date (you also have other league participants scheduled sessions in your list).

3) If you want to add ghosts to your league ride you may be able to do it here (reportedly it doesn't always work).

4) Open bsim and go to the leagues tab and you should find your league session there.

5) If you miss a league stage you will be given a time equal to the slowest rider for that stage plus an additional 5% of that time (i.e. 105% of the slowest riders time). This will allow you to still be included in the league results even if you do not complete all the stages, although it will disadvantage fast riders considerably, depending on who else completes the stage you miss.

Geoff

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

LBHIFI

Veteran
I won't make the 5 pm chaingang but will probably try and do a session at lunch time.

My new unit seems to be on par on the flat parts, but still reads too low on things > 0 %. I found that it was wery difficult to do a seriuos ride in this thursdays chaingang, as those 1-5% were like hitting a wall. I found my self doing more gear shifting than riding.

In desparation I tried the ERG mode and that actually made it possible to do a very good workout.
It felt like the watts where spot on, and my cadence no longer was braught to a stop by a 1% incline. I may try to mount my power pedals to see just how close the watts are.

However, I discovered that riding in erg mode was a huge disadvantage and the 2 frenchies quickly past me despite doing lower watts and lower watt/kg.

Last edited:
Top Bottom