Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Who's all doing the re-run at 5pm? For anyone who's not already done it, this one's a nice mix of short hills and flats. It'll really set you up well if you intend to spend your evening eating food and drinking alcohol. :hungry::cheers:

I'm going to venture out in the real world. I might travel south to your neck of the woods or further north to Hertfordshire. Just got to get out of this child infested mad house for a bit...

BILL S

Guru
I'm going to venture out in the real world. I might travel south to your neck of the woods or further north to Hertfordshire. Just got to get out of this child infested mad house for a bit...
If you haven't already done so, a lap or two of Richmond Park would make your cycling there worthwhile.

Marty b

Regular
Hi. AAAC has invited me to join the group but haven't quite worked out how to join the organised rides.
I can see the Strade Bianche 2016 ride in my schedule but how do i join it at 5pm or maybe that not even the ride.
sorry to be dim?

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
well i just don't know whats worse ! virtual pain in bkool and not having ride show up after 50 mile ( vouch for me LBHIFI please )
or 50 mile in real pothole invested mud bathed roads one puncture and a chain snap with head wind where ever you turn !
what ever happened to sunshiny days listening to meadow larks as you tazz round the country?

kipster

Guru
well i just don't know whats worse ! virtual pain in bkool and not having ride show up after 50 mile ( vouch for me LBHIFI please )
or 50 mile in real pothole invested mud bathed roads one puncture and a chain snap with head wind where ever you turn !
what ever happened to sunshiny days listening to meadow larks as you tazz round the country?
It was hard outside today,the wind was brutal down in Hampshire, my legs are cursing me for the 62 miles, 3000+ ft of climbing, and avg speed of 17mph. 3 punctures in the group, none of them mine. I'm hoping the weather is better for when I get back from Majorca.

I won't make the 5 pm chaingang but will probably try and do a session at lunch time.

My new unit seems to be on par on the flat parts, but still reads too low on things > 0 %. I found that it was wery difficult to do a seriuos ride in this thursdays chaingang, as those 1-5% were like hitting a wall. I found my self doing more gear shifting than riding.

In desparation I tried the ERG mode and that actually made it possible to do a very good workout.
It felt like the watts where spot on, and my cadence no longer was braught to a stop by a 1% incline. I may try to mount my power pedals to see just how close the watts are.

However, I discovered that riding in erg mode was a huge disadvantage and the 2 frenchies quickly past me despite doing lower watts and lower watt/kg.
I won't be today there either. I'm working out of town and I still haven't received my new pro yet. Hopefully on Monday.

CXRAndy

Guru
Out of interest, can you only ride organised events at set times, or can you just ride any route any of the time?

Ride any route, any time. There is only a small selection, but at 18 miles a lap. Plenty to go at. There are races or workouts listed all the time, so there will be always something to go at. The nicest obvious likes are lovely rolling transitions and seamless saving of rides.

CXRAndy

Guru
Splitter!!!

Andy was going quite slow so he did have time to admire the graphics....:tongue:

I finished, :hello:. I must admit that I missed the point I got dropped out of the pack and them couldn't tell from the unfamiliar graphics where I was. Must try harder next time., Or I'm just slow compared to the rest of UK/Europe:cry::cry:

BILL S

Guru
Hi. AAAC has invited me to join the group but haven't quite worked out how to join the organised rides.
I can see the Strade Bianche 2016 ride in my schedule but how do i join it at 5pm or maybe that not even the ride.
sorry to be dim?

Hi Marty. Looks like you are already a member of the Chaingang group so all you need to do is join the race at 5pm tonight.
The ride is Porvoo / Finland and I'll be starting it so all you need to do is find the ride.
So from the Sim.
Search
Routes
Filter
Enter either Bill S in Name in Bkool, or Any word in route name (like Porvoo) in the appropriate boxes.
Then hit Filter again.
That should be you joined the ride. See you at 5pm for the start of the warmup :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I finished, :hello:. I must admit that I missed the point I got dropped out of the pack and them couldn't tell from the unfamiliar graphics where I was. Must try harder next time., Or I'm just slow compared to the rest of UK/Europe:cry::cry:

You did? I dropped back looking for you to tag along with and txt you a message but no response.
That was quite fast this morning so don't be too hard on yourself.
You crx Andy on Zwift?

Top Bottom