Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soarerv8

Über Member
Ride any route, any time. There is only a small selection, but at 18 miles a lap. Plenty to go at. There are races or workouts listed all the time, so there will be always something to go at. The nicest obvious likes are lovely rolling transitions and seamless saving of rides.
Oh yes and don't do what I did last night and think "oooh that course is called the pretzel I like pretzels". I didn't bloomin' like that one!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sorry I missed the re-run guys - I ventured out into the real world, which I can confirm was very cold and windy. Also saw a cyclist down injured (3 cars were stopped and people were looking after him waiting for ambulance presumably) so yes, still dangerous out there chaps :sad:

Stay safe.

BILL S

Guru
bill not as quick as thursday and dp was almost non existent and i could read his every move. you could say i could see right through him

Started out feeling good but that didn't last long. Soon realised there was no way I'd stick with you or match my Thursday time. Mind you, last week or so I put in far more kwh than usual. Maybe even a whole kwh :eek:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Also, don't know what bkooling has done to my bike but it sounded like a bucket of rusty spanners the whole ride!
Yep, my bike has suffered from intense sweat damage. Before using a fan (of which I'm now a fan) and a sweat catcher I've had to change brake and gear cables and outers, my front brake has suffered corrosion which has stopped it working as well as any chromo bolts rusting. As for the headset... likely this needs to be changed as well.
What can I say.... I sweat like a :mrpig: on a spit roast... (not that type of spit roast @AAAC 76C....)

BILL S

Guru
Also, don't know what bkooling has done to my bike but it sounded like a bucket of rusty spanners the whole ride!

It'll be all that salty sweat dripping into your head bearings/wheel bearings and bottom bracket and filling those nice round ball bearings with rusty craters. Nothing that a complete strip down and replacement of all the bearings won't solve.:eek:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I do have a sweat guard and a fan, but yeah you're probably right. Gears need re-indexing at least. Think I may have been blaming the trainer for a lot of noise coming from the bike!

Soarerv8

Über Member
Yep, my bike has suffered from intense sweat damage. Before using a fan (of which I'm now a fan) and a sweat catcher I've had to change brake and gear cables and outers, my front brake has suffered corrosion which has stopped it working as well as any chromo bolts rusting. As for the headset... likely this needs to be changed as well.
What can I say.... I sweat like a :mrpig: on a spit roast... (not that type of spit roast @AAAC 76C....)
Sweat catcher aka bike thong. When Mrs Soarerv8 asked what on earth I had purchased now from Wiggle and I answered with bike thong she looked extremely unwell. Don't disturb it or move it or the full horror of its stench after a while will greet you.

All sorts of bits of my bike have gone rusty I fear taking it out on the road as it will most likely just fall apart. Sounds like a reason for yet another bike.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Sweat catcher aka bike thong. When Mrs Soarerv8 asked what on earth I had purchased now from Wiggle and I answered with bike thong she looked extremely unwell. Don't disturb it or move it or the full horror of its stench after a while will greet you.

All sorts of bits of my bike have gone rusty I fear taking it out on the road as it will most likely just fall apart. Sounds like a reason for yet another bike.
I wasn't sure whether to wear the sweat catcher under or over the shorts... I do know the velcro chaffs...

Rod McG

Über Member
Started out feeling good but that didn't last long. Soon realised there was no way I'd stick with you or match my Thursday time. Mind you, last week or so I put in far more kwh than usual. Maybe even a whole kwh :eek:
Your speed tonight suited me well, thanks - without you on the distant horizon I may well have given up!

Top Bottom