Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Venturing out into the real world yesterday reminded me what it's really all about for me. It's was pretty chilly, and wearing shorts turned out to be optimistic to say the least... plus one of the batteries on my etap isn't holding a charge properly (wiggle are on the case...). So I decided to stay in the big ring and head down to Richmond rather than the hills of Hertfordshire.

I've not been to Richmond park in over 20 years and had forgotten how nice it is. Really quite a magical place even with the Saturday traffic passing through. It wasn't the nicest ride across London but it was all worth it for the fairly brief time I spent in the park.

Bill, Bob, TB, or anyone else around that neck of the woods, if you ever fancy getting some real world training in before our pilgrimage to Wales I'd happily join you. If it means taking a day off of work then even better!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I've done 3 sessions Friday night including Mont Vontoux and it's still grayed out in my history, and the WC not updating all the time puts me off riding and improving my time cant see the point in riding.
And i agree blue doesn't suit you i think a nice shade of red would be better :tongue:
yellow makes me look jaundiced and green sick so i have to agree cardiac red is my colour

bobinski

Legendary Member
I've done 3 sessions Friday night including Mont Vontoux and it's still grayed out in my history, and the WC not updating all the time puts me off riding and improving my time cant see the point in riding.
And i agree blue doesn't suit you i think a nice shade of red would be better :tongue:

Breedon, that's a lot of riding. I may actually have to watch out for you in the ride up Watopia ...

bobinski

Legendary Member
Venturing out into the real world yesterday reminded me what it's really all about for me. It's was pretty chilly, and wearing shorts turned out to be optimistic to say the least... plus one of the batteries on my etap isn't holding a charge properly (wiggle are on the case...). So I decided to stay in the big ring and head down to Richmond rather than the hills of Hertfordshire.

I've not been to Richmond park in over 20 years and had forgotten how nice it is. Really quite a magical place even with the Saturday traffic passing through. It wasn't the nicest ride across London but it was all worth it for the fairly brief time I spent in the park.

Bill, Bob, TB, or anyone else around that neck of the woods, if you ever fancy getting some real world training in before our pilgrimage to Wales I'd happily join you. If it means taking a day off of work then even better!

I may be up for that Tommy when the weather improves ...and my fitness too. I don't want you leaving me for dead on laps of the park! The hassle always is getting there so it would probably be earlyish just to avoid the traffic.

CXRAndy

Guru
I may be up for that Tommy when the weather improves ...and my fitness too. I don't want you leaving me for dead on laps of the park! The hassle always is getting there so it would probably be earlyish just to avoid the traffic.

Fitness, pah..... ^_^ Bob you were coping much better than me yesterday, well it looked that way if you were able to text whilst going up Watopia

Cliff Matthews

Cliff Matthews BKool Swarm

I sometimes get this problem and thought it was a universal issue ie if it was going slow for me then it would be going slow for everyone. This appears not to be the case because while Breedon was experiencing extremely slow "upload" I had both our turbo trainers going and upload was happening in 3 - 10 minutes after pressing Save.

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob can't do 7pm ride, out for sunday tea, need to burns calories, so will try and do 14.05 North America Sub2

bobinski

Legendary Member
My Wahoo Tickr strap is now broken. Anyone managed to find a source of replacement straps? @bobinski ?

BTW my Zwift trial starts tomorrow.

Bill, it can be a bit overwhelming at first, at least it was for me. In settings out age, weight etc and make sure the realism setting is 100%-the default is 50% but all it does is reduce gearing going uphill and so fewer gear changes. If you ride today then you will be in Watopia. Tomorrow it's London and less interesting after a while. Not a problem once you download the hack to choose your course but something to be mindful of. Remember to turn off BT on your pc otherwise Zwift will look for it and may conflict with Ant. Bkool owners tend to find they have an power advantage but nothing like bsim. You will have option of various routes. I would choose hilly for variety or if you feeling strong choose the mountain route. It will take you 10 min or so on road to get there so don't worry about a warm up. The choice will auto guide you but you can choose to turn where you want at a junction using your keyboard- the option will present itself on screen and use mouse or direction arrows.
It will look busy!
When ride is finished you can just keep going until your 50km is up or just stop. Menu screen will give you option to save inc to Strava-don't forget to link the 2 in settings- and then you are out. With IOS you can save and then start another ride.
Enjoy!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Red wine be flowing there aaac me lad...

Alas I'm off the booze totally at the moment.
Did I ever tell anyone about my digestive problems?
My 6 o'clock full sensor is playing up again giving me false readings, particularly when seated.
To add to that my overflow sensor has joined in as well so it's off to the Doc's again.
No doubt I'll get a free waste manifold inspection included and a compliment on how fit I am keeping considering my heart problems.
I think it might be time for a change of GP.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Alas I'm off the booze totally at the moment.
Did I ever tell anyone about my digestive problems?
My 6 o'clock full sensor is playing up again giving me false readings, particularly when seated.
To add to that my overflow sensor has joined in as well so it's off to the Doc's again.
No doubt I'll get a free waste manifold inspection included and a compliment on how fit I am keeping considering my heart problems.
I think it might be time for a change of GP.

..or a change of breakfast cereal? I heartily recommend bran flakes 5 times a week . I am regular as clockwork with but not so without. I have very low blood pressure and a tendency to pass out in the mornings is sat too long on the crapper so bran flakes have become a necessary part of my routine! That and homemade brown or rye bread.

Edit: my apologies for that image seated into your retinas!

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Fitness, pah..... ^_^ Bob you were coping much better than me yesterday, well it looked that way if you were able to text.

That is very kind of you Andy.

But to put that in perspective- there was a female rider consistently putting out 3w/k. I used Zwift link to look at her stats expecting her to be youngish etc but no, she was 60y old! Somewhat humbling

Top Bottom