Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
After motor biking around India during recent years, we decided to revisit Greek island holidays of our youth. So myself & Mrs B are returning to Rhodes which was our first holiday away together 28 years ago. :smooch:

We probably won't recognise it now but we can't wait.. :sun::cheers::popcorn::becool::thumbsup:

PS. It's the leagues that have helped so much... big up to the beige team and the continuing support from the Pro's.. :notworthy:
Eat and drink well Jim ... don't worry if you lose a bit of fitness and form :whistle: Have a great holiday :sun::okay:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
1989!
In 89 I had finished gallivanting around Germany and had come back to the UK just to gallivant around Norway, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean with the Royal Marines (and Yobsvile).
It was just a few months on from now in 89 that my Son was conceived having returned from 2 months in the Med.
In summary 1989 has a lot to answer for.

Forgive me, please allow me to qualify the statement - with HID #2

:smooch:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
If bkool has taught me anything, it's that every ride is a race :laugh: Looking forward to the DD, 7 hours at HR at 175 :biggrin:
if my heart rate is like that for 7 hrs i hope the only sounds i hear are neer noor neer noor CLEAR ! :eek:
getting close now aint it :hyper: just changed inner ring this weekend , not gonna change wheels till last minute
gone for comfort over total bling wilier gtr in gaudy yellow and green but i know it is kind to my body
Any one heard from Adam ? i know his business was busy so i dont know if hes had time to go round filling pot holes yet

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Sportives aren't races, sportives arent races, sportives.... must get on that wheel, shut up legs, now stop panting and start making it look like that was NO effort.

Sportive s aren't races, Sportives aren't races, sportives aren't races.. I came first in the over 50,s category...

:dance::dance::dance:

Sportive aren't races... :giggle:

Edit: fourth overall for the distance:-)

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Finished the TdY 100k. Bloody hell what a task. :B) First hill literally after the start had dozens walking up it. It was maybe a mile long hardly ever went under 10% and had 18% for huge sections. Started to suffer physically at around 45miles with cramp on both legs. Women were crying at the roadside asking to go home, bodies walking up most climbs. I could of got off so many times, but ever so slowly ground my way up everything. Bloody Go-pro didn't record ride to show how steep it really was. Chap came a cropper on fast decent, he was still alive as I nearly bunny hopped him at over 40mph. Waiting in field for professionals to go by-they are so slow :biggrin:

Here comes the peleton :biggrin:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I've used my bmc with the 36 cassette today. Did a session on BRVR, Pikes Peak, superb video and painful gradients. Ok I'll not set any records, but it is nice to know there is a gear lower than you'd normally have, to use for when your legs say no more.

I will stick the GT, with it's 36 cassette, on there tomorrow for a less steep climbing session. :cry:

Last edited:
Finished the TdY 100k. Bloody hell what a task. :B) First hill literally after the start had dozens walking up it. It was maybe a mile long hardly ever went under 10% and had 18% for huge sections. Started to suffer physically at around 45miles with cramp on both legs. Women were crying at the roadside asking to go home, bodies walking up most climbs. I could of got off so many times, but ever so slowly ground my way up everything. Bloody Go-pro didn't record ride to show how steep it really was. Chap came a cropper on fast decent, he was still alive as I nearly bunny hopped him at over 40mph. Waiting in field for professionals to go by-they are so slow :biggrin:

Just googled photos and there are some crazy hills. Plus a lot of riders. Congratulations on finishing.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
You just have to go faster on the downhill so that they never get that chance -- I was known to pass cars on descents when I was younger. That was before having a wife and munchkins...
You need to try going down cheddar gorge.... motorbikes, cars, tour buses and crazy overtaking through car parks (due to idiots pulling out in front of me). Those were indeed the days of my youth...
Edit. Forgot my 59mph descent on dartmoor... :ohmy:
Time = memory fade....
Edit the edit. Forgot a 50mph off road descent even having to nail a bunny hop at that speed to clear a small ravine... memories memories...

Last edited:

Daddy Pig

Veteran

Maybe they realised that if they walked the first steep hill they would have something left for the rest of the ride! Grind it out baby!

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Sportive s aren't races, Sportives aren't races, sportives aren't races.. I came first in the over 50,s category...

:dance::dance::dance:

Sportive aren't races... :giggle:

Edit: fourth overall for the distance:-)
Great ride old boy, you can't keep Jim Lad on a lead. Sprint finish was it...? 1000 watts plus?

bobinski

Legendary Member

Sounds, err, great Andy. I take it the last bit was all a bit of a breeze ^_^

CXRAndy

Guru
I've just just uploaded the ride so it will appear in Strava and Bkool(greyed out presently)

7800ft climbing:eek:. Alot commented on how there were many more climbs between the categorised ascents. Just remembered on the 4th to last climb, you entered this private road, tree lined with a full canopy. For about a mile or so it was beautiful with the sunlight beaming through the trees. At the end was a mother of climbs. Ahead riders were falling like 10 pins:laugh: first one with cramp, he lay there thumping his thigh trying to kill the cramp, then another fell who couldn't get round him, then another jumped off his bike hobbling around a vain in an attempt to stave of heavy cramp. I must admit it nearly happened to me:tongue:

Strava estimate I was just shy 500Watts for the first climb (listed 41 out of 100climbs)? :biggrin:

Cycling-weekly has an article of the crowds around the route. http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...at-incredible-amazing-and-crazy-crowds-327992

I must say :thumbsup:. They were very supportive and encouraging. They were offering water at the bottom of climbs for us poor sportive riders.

Last edited:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I've just just uploaded the ride so it will appear in Strava and Bkool(greyed out presently)

7800ft climbing:eek:. Alot commented on how there were many more climbs between the categorised ascents. Just remembered on the 4th to last climb, you entered this private road, tree lined with a full canopy. For about a mile or so it was beautiful with the sunlight beaming through the trees. At the end was a mother of climbs. Ahead riders were falling like 10 pins:laugh: first one with cramp, he lay there thumping his thigh trying to kill the cramp, then another fell who couldn't get round him, then another jumped off his bike hobbling around a vain in an attempt to stave of heavy cramp. I must admit it nearly happened to me:tongue:
That sounds mental/you are a mental case. 4th to last climb is generally the first climb of the day for me... if not the day before...

Top Bottom