Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I remember seeing him sat on the line with me now.
Was there one more left behind as well?
There was another but I think they bailed completely. I joined the race as spectator about 10 seconds in and @Brusgaard seemed to be at the back at that point. I couldn't see why (false start and held or joined late) but yes, he did seem to set off a little later than others for some reason.

Whorty

They are BKool watts.
It's possible to hold those sorts on watts in the velodrome as well but not on a normal road course.
I was working hard but no that good.
@bridgy used Monte's NEO today (check over on the Zwift splitters thread) and the difference between the BKool Pro and Neo on Zwift is only around 7%. I'm seeing about a 10% difference between Bkool and Zwift personally on my Pro.

I've gone for some plastic rims and because of the broken bridge on my snout it's hard to find a fit and the only ones in stock that suited me were about £180.
My reading prescription is +9.5 and my far sight +7.25 so my lenses would be really bulky unless I go for the thinner lenses which are about £350 and with my eye test and Company discount thrown in it all came to more than £450.

I wear my glasses all day and everyday and I wouldn't be without varifocals for driving now that I have used them.
My glasses last me two and a half years on average so that works out at about £3.50 a week to see properly for 16 hours a day which is 3p an hour.
Worth every penny I would say.
Don't know if its legal over there but I've using eyebuydirect.com for dirt cheap glasses. $35 for single prescription lenses.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE
Thursday 19th October: 11am, 5pm, 7pm, 10pm (GMT+2)

Friday 20th October: 1am, 3am, 5am (GMT+2)

We are BST which is GMT+1 so what time is this running for us.
Is it 12am, 6pm and so on?

t would help if they said their times were UTC/CET or whatever but I'm not sure what the (GMT+2) is telling us!

EDIT
Got it, CEST (GMT+2) s an hour ahead of us on BST (GMT+1) so it is an hour before those times which I might manger at 6pm if I am quick and 8pm if HID works late (as hence so do I because she won't leave me home alone).

Last edited:

Whorty

I may join you for the 6pm ride (on the line), depends how my knees feel - they don’t like long hills.. if not, I’ll cheer you on. :bravo:
I'm trying to get myself a Tron bike over on the dark side, so I'll be climbing but not on BKool. You have to climb 50,000 metres to 'win' the Tron bike :smile: Obviously not all in one go .... that would just be crazy!!!!

Top Bottom