Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
I'm trying to get myself a Tron bike over on the dark side, so I'll be climbing but not on BKool. You have to climb 50,000 metres to 'win' the Tron bike :smile: Obviously not all in one go .... that would just be crazy!!!!
I'm at about 30km . Sadly I'd probably climbed 10k before I realized that I was doing the "wrong" challenge. Oh well.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm at about 30km . Sadly I'd probably climbed 10k before I realized that I was doing the "wrong" challenge. Oh well.
I was similar - didn't realise you had to register for the challenge. But now I'm on it that bike is mine!

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Some good news... for me anyway!
Physio told me that I can exercise on the turbo trainer to help my back (likely slipped disc) so this will help me.
The bad news is that I only have about 10% strength in my right leg and it hurts after just a few steps so I may be going quickly back to the amateur ranks and any hills may mean having to push the bike up!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Some good news... for me anyway!
Physio told me that I can exercise on the turbo trainer to help my back (likely slipped disc) so this will help me.
The bad news is that I only have about 10% strength in my right leg and it hurts after just a few steps so I may be going quickly back to the amateur ranks and any hills may mean having to push the bike up!
CG Stage 2 would be a good starting point :secret:

bobinski

Legendary Member

I am at 64k now but 2/3 if that was before I realised I had to choose the challenge. It should be automatic. I was aiming for Xmas but have decided to really go for it in the new year as preparation for the Pyrenees trip. Along with RGT and BRVR

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I may join you for the 6pm ride (on the line), depends how my knees feel - they don’t like long hills.. if not, I’ll cheer you on. :bravo:

Lacoste Gentlemen's Cycling apparel?

lacoste.png

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I just don't believe it!
Changed my back tyre yesterday as the tread on my Rubino Pro Graphine + was beginning to delaminate.

Had a good go at CG 1 at 19:00 with a simple plan.
Go like the clappers to the beginning of the decent (to the point of death) and let the hill do the rest.

It was working fine and I got to the crest ahead of Jacob and all I could do was wait and see how long he and Bridgy took to catch me.

As I started descending my speed was pretty low and my watts had dropped to 0.
It took me a few moments to realise my turbo had switched of.

I got of my bike and checked all the plugs and sockets and found the offending item and the green light went back on and I was off again, knackered from the dash to the descent.
Bill S No2 was 5 seconds ahead by this time, Bill S No1 another 30 and Bridgy 1:30 so I was off sorting my power for over 2 minutes.
I caught Bill S 2 but could make no inroads to Bill S 1 so I gave in with 2 to go and coasted in. FEK!

You can see my speed tapering away at about km 6 and me giving up totally at km 27.

AAAC CG Oct S1.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I just don't believe it!
Changed my back tyre yesterday as the tread on my Rubino Pro Graphine + was beginning to delaminate.

Had a good go at CG 1 at 19:00 with a simple plan.
Go like the clappers to the beginning of the decent (to the point of death) and let the hill do the rest.

It was working fine and I got to the crest ahead of Jacob and all I could do was wait and see how long he and Bridgy took to catch me.

As I started descending my speed was pretty low and my watts had dropped to 0.
It took me a few moments to realise my turbo had switched of.

I got of my bike and checked all the plugs and sockets and found the offending item and the green light went back on and I was off again, knackered from the dash to the descent.
Bill S No2 was 5 seconds ahead by this time, Bill S No1 another 30 and Bridgy 1:30 so I was off sorting my power for over 2 minutes.
I caught Bill S 2 but could make no inroads to Bill S 1 so I gave in with 2 to go and coasted in. FEK!

You can see my speed tapering away at about km 6 and me giving up totally at km 27.

View attachment 379249
:sad: Looks like you'll have to do it again :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I did CG2 as a warm up for a Zwift ride last night - you really are mostly in the hands of gravity on that one aren't you?!

Despite the leaderboard on that stage looking very different to usual, I notice that Jacob is still up in second spot - is there nothing that guy's not good at?!!

JacobSkovsgaard

I did CG2 as a warm up for a Zwift ride last night - you really are mostly in the hands of gravity on that one aren't you?!

Despite the leaderboard on that stage looking very different to usual, I notice that Jacob is still up in second spot - is there nothing that guy's not good at?!!
^_^I am not a good climber. Last night I ended 19th at Col de Galibier in the Danish League (from 148 finishers). My lowest ranking ever in a BKOOL race :cry:

Top Bottom