Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Also posted on the 'dark side' thread...

I've been slack on the admin for the Strava Cyclechat turbo club, so there are a few member requests.

Anyone on here willing to join the dots on up on these requests?
View attachment 379407

Ta

edit, read the post above re this and spotted Aleman posted recently so have added him.
Paul T used to race in the chaingang with us - but not for over a year at least I think. We follow each other on Strava. Think he Zwifts now....:whistle:

CXRAndy

Guru
Or if your eyes are failing, get the bigger screen wahoo Elemnt :smile:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
@TurboTommy @bobinski what's ur opinion on the bolt now you've had time with it as I had 1 delivered yesterday and trying to make my mind up. at the moment I use a mio 505 which I find good but the screen mist up in the wet

Rob I agree with what Kip says. It's really easy to plan a route with ridewithgps on the laptop. I dont rate turn by turn directions to be honest. It's normally too slow. It does bleep to let you know if you've gone past your turn though so that's handy.

The best thing about it is being able to set it up via your mobile. That's a big step forward for me. I like where the button are positioned too.

I'm still not sure if I'd rather have the bigger screened version too to be honest. The bolt is fine for day to day use but when your following a route, because the turn by turn isn't great, I think you need to be on the map page most of the time really. The map is easy enough to see on the smaller bolt and you can have Info like mph, watts etc on the top of the screen at the same time. The problem I have is that if you want say four different information fields at the top, the map is becomes a little cramped. So I'm tempted to buy the larger element just for longer rides.

All in all though an improvement on my garmin 520

Goldwolfie

Veteran
Back to Chaingang related stuff.

After my relative success on CG2 last Thursday, I thought I'd have another go on CG2 using a somewhat different technique.

Last Thursday - Hard on it all the way down, Average 327 watts and a time of 13mins 22 secs, HR 143 bpm

Second attempt - Hard on it for the first 30 seconds to gain the usual benefit, and then just kept the pedals turning and basically freewheeling all the down
Average 73 watts and a time of 14 mins 18 secs, HR 87 bpm.

Not sure the 56 second gain was worth all the sweat and the strain on the old ticker - but then again, I think it was the first time I have ever finished on the podium.

Flat Out:

upload_2017-10-19_17-21-39.png

Steady as she goes:

upload_2017-10-19_17-19-57.png

Breedon

Legendary Member

After my relative success on CG2 last Thursday, I thought I'd have another go on CG2 using a somewhat different technique.

Last Thursday - Hard on it all the way down, Average 327 watts and a time of 13mins 22 secs, HR 143 bpm

Second attempt - Hard on it for the first 30 seconds to gain the usual benefit, and then just kept the pedals turning and basically freewheeling all the down

Not sure the 56 second gain was worth all the sweat and the strain on the old ticker - but then again, I think it was the first time I have ever finished on the podium.

Flat Out:

View attachment 379415

Steady as she goes:

View attachment 379413
Or you could do some 'tests' obviously for research purposes :whistle:

:tongue:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Also posted on the 'dark side' thread...

I've been slack on the admin for the Strava Cyclechat turbo club, so there are a few member requests.

Anyone on here willing to join the dots on up on these requests?
View attachment 379407
Yep Kipster, that would be me :smile: also known as "Ale Man" on Bkool, not that you lot are on there much ... Splitters !! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the Add .:okay:.. not that I put the miles in like most of you :eek::eek:

BILL S

Guru
Well that was quite hard work. Thought I was going to have to do the whole thing without any carrots but fortunately my connection came back before the road got flat. I wondered who the blue dot was who joined later on. I assumed it was AAAC but it turned out to be @bridgy who did of course get the quickest time. :cycle: A couple of non CGers did go quicker but they don't count.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well that was quite hard work. Thought I was going to have to do the whole thing without any carrots but fortunately my connection came back before the road got flat. I wondered who the blue dot was who joined later on. I assumed it was AAAC but it turned out to be @bridgy who did of course get the quickest time. :cycle: A couple of non CGers did go quicker but they don't count.
Harder than it looked. I went too hard on the hill and was shot by the time I got to the not-so-flat, flat! Couldn't hold on to you when you came past me and was surprised I only finished 40 seconds behind you in the end :sweat:

I worked hard to catch @Goldwolfie and almost gave up but I saw him slowing so kept on. When I reached him I hoped you'd stay with me and we could work together but I think he'd burnt himself trying to stay away from you first, then me.

That was fun, kind of :cry:Don't think it will suit @theboxers , but I can see @AAAC 76C making up some time on the overall league standings

bridgy

Legendary Member
Did I??? I don't mean to sound cocky but I was using it as a bit of a warmup for a Zwift race at 8pm - my excuse is @Whorty said it was all downhill! So I didn't really push too hard on the flat section - will probably have another go....

Oh, and I was late joining because BSim was on a go-slow and it took more than 10 minutes to get it to work properly :angry:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Did I??? I don't mean to sound cocky but I was using it as a bit of a warmup for a Zwift race at 8pm - my excuse is @Whorty said it was all downhill! So I didn't really push too hard on the flat section - will probably have another go....

Oh, and I was late joining because BSim was on a go-slow and it took more than 10 minutes to get it to work properly :angry:
to be fair, i did think it wsa all downhill .... i was as shocked as everyone at the 17 km of 'flat' :banghead:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

Flat Out:

View attachment 379415

Steady as she goes:

View attachment 379413
This is part of the reason I use these descents as a cool down. They allow a longer session at a low or lower intensity so giving your legs a chance to clear the crap out. I think it has helped me as my legs don't hurt as much the day after a long hard session on the turbo.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
Harder than it looked. I went too hard on the hill and was shot by the time I got to the not-so-flat, flat! Couldn't hold on to you when you came past me and was surprised I only finished 40 seconds behind you in the end :sweat:

I worked hard to catch @Goldwolfie and almost gave up but I saw him slowing so kept on. When I reached him I hoped you'd stay with me and we could work together but I think he'd burnt himself trying to stay away from you first, then me.

That was fun, kind of :cry:Don't think it will suit @theboxers , but I can see @AAAC 76C making up some time on the overall league standings
@Whorty, you are not wrong, I definitely hit the wall and coasted in completely spent.

I was aware that there was 4 miles of climbing, nothing too serious, but enough that I knew I would need a couple of minutes lead at the bottom of the descent, to stand any chance of staying away. So I probably put too much into the downhill and paid for it later. I think I had about 45 seconds lead when it levelled and I was picked off one at a time, and I had nothing left when you caught me.

I might give it another go, and try my coasting tactic on the downhill, and see if I can fair a bit better on the second half of the course.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Harder than it looked.

Snip

I said it looks a bit deceptive. There are a couple of nice descents that flatten out over the second half that turn them into a workout rather than a cool down when I use them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom