Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
This is part of the reason I use these descents as a cool down. They allow a longer session at a low or lower intensity so giving your legs a chance to clear the crap out. I think it has helped me as my legs don't hurt as much the day after a long hard session on the turbo.
Likewise TB - I always do the same and It definitely helps. It used to be hard work getting up and down the stairs after putting in a decent effort.

BILL S

Guru
Harder than it looked. I went too hard on the hill and was shot by the time I got to the not-so-flat, flat! Couldn't hold on to you when you came past me and was surprised I only finished 40 seconds behind you in the end :sweat:

I worked hard to catch @Goldwolfie and almost gave up but I saw him slowing so kept on. When I reached him I hoped you'd stay with me and we could work together but I think he'd burnt himself trying to stay away from you first, then me.

That was fun, kind of :cry:Don't think it will suit @theboxers , but I can see @AAAC 76C making up some time on the overall league standings

I thought we might get a bit of drafting going on the flat after I'd caught you up Carl but I think there was a problem with my connection still. I could see you but your guy was going back and forward in relation to me so wasn't sure if you could get a draft from me. It seems you couldn't get tucked in so I just kept going at whatever speed I could muster in my fairly knackered state.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Well that was quite hard work. Thought I was going to have to do the whole thing without any carrots but fortunately my connection came back before the road got flat. I wondered who the blue dot was who joined later on. I assumed it was AAAC but it turned out to be @bridgy who did of course get the quickest time. :cycle: A couple of non CGers did go quicker but they don't count.

Unfortunately I didn't get home until 20:15 tonight. I worked late so that I can get away early tomorrow to go to Kent to help move my mum into her new assisted flat from the bungalow that she has lived in for since about 1987.
She has gone 90 this year so almost as old as Jim
Moving closer to the Town Centre will mean she can get out more but unlike Jim it won't be to the Pub..
I'll be back Saturday late so hopefully I'll get to have a go at CG 3 then.
I still need to do CG 1 again, without incident, and I should be able to gain as much as 2 minutes there.
Looking at GC 3 I should be able to makeup some time but not on Jacob.
He will absolutely kill this on with 96 kg going downhill and well over 400 watts to deliver on the flatter section
My plan will be to jump off of the line and chill out for 18+ km then bury myself in the second half (opposite to GC 1)

BILL S

Guru
Did I??? I don't mean to sound cocky but I was using it as a bit of a warmup for a Zwift race at 8pm - my excuse is @Whorty said it was all downhill! So I didn't really push too hard on the flat section - will probably have another go....

Oh, and I was late joining because BSim was on a go-slow and it took more than 10 minutes to get it to work properly :angry:
Well you in a warm up is more than a match for me in race mode these days Paul. I was surprised you were less than a minute quicker than me but you were just warming up so that explains it. Hopefully the next one is more downhill so that your kind of training that involves excercise instead of food won't be quite so effective.^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty, you are not wrong, I definitely hit the wall and coasted in completely spent.

I was aware that there was 4 miles of climbing, nothing too serious, but enough that I knew I would need a couple of minutes lead at the bottom of the descent, to stand any chance of staying away. So I probably put too much into the downhill and paid for it later. I think I had about 45 seconds lead when it levelled and I was picked off one at a time, and I had nothing left when you caught me.

I might give it another go, and try my coasting tactic on the downhill, and see if I can fair a bit better on the second half of the course.
I was pedalling like I'd stolen it too on the down. Jim pointed out my cadence was possibly a little too high at 110 :blush:. But you kept pulling away and I knew I had to keep you within a minute to stand any chance of catching you. I was hoping you was working hard too, because if not I would never have caught you as I was running on empty. When Bill caught me I just couldn't respond :B)

Whorty

I thought we might get a bit of drafting going on the flat after I'd caught you up Carl but I think there was a problem with my connection still. I could see you but your guy was going back and forward in relation to me so wasn't sure if you could get a draft from me. It seems you couldn't get tucked in so I just kept going at whatever speed I could muster in my fairly knackered state.
Yes, your avatar was jumping all over the place too. Was making me a bit sick watching it, bit like strobe effect. I thought it best to let you crack on without me. Honest ...... :tongue:

I was hoping I could hold your wheel but no, legs were shot, sorry :B)

Whorty

Unfortunately I didn't get home until 20:15 tonight. I worked late so that I can get away early tomorrow to go to Kent to help move my mum into her new assisted flat from the bungalow that she has lived in for since about 1987.
She has gone 90 this year so almost as old as Jim
Moving closer to the Town Centre will mean she can get out more but unlike Jim it won't be to the Pub..
I'll be back Saturday late so hopefully I'll get to have a go at CG 3 then.
I still need to do CG 1 again, without incident, and I should be able to gain as much as 2 minutes there.
Looking at GC 3 I should be able to makeup some time but not on Jacob.
He will absolutely kill this on with 96 kg going downhill and well over 400 watts to deliver on the flatter section
My plan will be to jump off of the line and chill out for 18+ km then bury myself in the second half (opposite to GC 1)
That would be the right tactic on that course. If I get the chance to re- run I'll do the same.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Started Tourmalet today but I'ts just too long to fit in my calendar right now. Decided to have another go at Col de la Madeleine instead.
The first time I just took it easy from start to end, but this time I tried to push hard from the start and then just cruise as I did the first time. The result was very strange.
First time I was about 10 seconds behind Bill when the steep began, and this timegap was fairly consistant for the rest of the ride.
The second time I was right beside Bill when the steep began, but Bill slowly pulled away and the gap continued to increase.
I ended up being 2 seconds slower on the second ride :scratch:.

tommylew

Hi

Ive requested to join CycleChat Chain Gang and mountain goats, hope this is ok? Is the any other leagues that you guys use? EDIT: Relaised the is a few cyclechat groups so requested all of them, wasn't sure which were still active or not.

I have used Bkool for over a year now - but was training for IMW, looking for more fun rides and competition now!

Thanks

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
That would be the right tactic on that course. If I get the chance to re- run I'll do the same.

I did go and do the Tourmalet after I did go and do the Alp D’ Huez so my knees were poison..

I was very surprised at some of your times compared to mine as I coasted the last 8 miles (does anyone do miles any more?), especially that @rob01792 - I’ll definately be doing a rerun.. :boxing:

BILL S

Guru
Hi

Ive requested to join CycleChat Chain Gang and mountain goats, hope this is ok? Is the any other leagues that you guys use? EDIT: Relaised the is a few cyclechat groups so requested all of them, wasn't sure which were still active or not.

I have used Bkool for over a year now - but was training for IMW, looking for more fun rides and competition now!

Thanks

Hi Tommy. :welcome:

You're now in the Chain Gang and the Mountain Goats. Mountain Goats is dormant at the moment due to lack of interest in climbing long steep hills (general laziness), but the Chain Gang is in full swing. The Chain gang rides should now appear in your BSIM and you can challenge other riders from the league results to get the rides to appear in BSIM. We have live races on Thursday at 7pm and Saturday at 5pm. Its usually myself that starts the rides so you can search for my name (Bill S) to join the ride or you can search by route name. You probably know all this already but just in case...

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Hi chaps. Just been going through my draws (:ohmy:) and found a load of unwanted genuine HP printer cartridges (950xl, 2x 951xl yellow; 3x magenta 1x blue). 950 is closed box others are open.

Does anyone want them? I'll happily post rather than bin them as they can be quite costly!

Last edited:

rob01792

Über Member
I did go and do the Tourmalet after I did go and do the Alp D’ Huez so my knees were poison..

I was very surprised at some of your times compared to mine as I coasted the last 8 miles (does anyone do miles any more?), especially that @rob01792 - I’ll definately be doing a rerun.. :boxing:

for some strange reason I was well down I put the same effort I normally put in if u look at my previous rides in bkool watts r much higher but last night struggled to make 200

Whorty

I do KM in Bkool as the counter thing for gradient works better that way so I can judge how long I'll be at a certain % In miles, it always seemed to say 1 mile for all gradients however long it was :banghead:

Oh, and I'm a youngster ... all us hip and cool kids talk in kilometres :tongue:

Top Bottom