Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Hey thanks. That's much clearer now!
Just to add a little more confusion into the mix :whistle: Although you will register blue numbers when you are not matching or beating the speed bkool thinks you should be going on a descent, as long as you are pedalling. There is a gain to be had by pedalling harder on the downslope. You may not gain as much as you think you could, but there is a small amount to time to be had. You just need to work out if the gain is worth the effort required.

For me anything over about -6% and I might as well stop trying as I can't do 60+ kmh for very long (52/11 @105 cadence).

You'll need to get adept at reading the profiles to work out where you need to put out big power to not lose the speed gained on the steeper sections. When I see a shallower section coming up I wind up the pedals and aim to max out at the point the slopes get steeper going down again.

But most of the time I use the longer (over 10 minutes) descents as warm down sessions, anything over 15 km with no uphill or flat sections usually.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
In bsim, under the section that shows the % of slope, is a distance countdown for the current slope %. You need to press the up arrow to show it, maximising the info box size. The countdown only works in meters and kilometers

Oh... I see .. well I think it may be too late to have the metric operation.. is anyone else my age (49) working in metricity?

Del C

Veteran
Just to add a little more confusion into the mix :whistle: Although you will register blue numbers when you are not matching or beating the speed bkool thinks you should be going on a descent, as long as you are pedalling. There is a gain to be had by pedalling harder on the downslope. You may not gain as much as you think you could, but there is a small amount to time to be had. You just need to work out if the gain is worth the effort required.

For me anything over about -6% and I might as well stop trying as I can't do 60+ kmh for very long (52/11 @105 cadence).

You'll need to get adept at reading the profiles to work out where you need to put out big power to not lose the speed gained on the steeper sections. When I see a shallower section coming up I wind up the pedals and aim to max out at the point the slopes get steeper going down again.

But most of the time I use the longer (over 10 minutes) descents as warm down sessions, anything over 15 km with no uphill or flat sections usually.

Cheers! It's getting clearer.

Just need to work out what grade of slope to try and put the power on for me.

I thought I saw from an earlier post that you were descending at a speed that I could only dream of! ^_^:bicycle:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Cheers! It's getting clearer.

Just need to work out what grade of slope to try and put the power on for me.

I thought I saw from an earlier post that you were descending at a speed that I could only dream of! ^_^:bicycle:
Yes quite possible :secret:. I did mont ventoux 21.1 km tonight @82 kmh avg, maxing out @108 kmh :blink:. I just wish I could climb as well as I descend but @127kg that ain't gonna happen :cry:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Nice look down memory lane in CW this week, lots of old black n whites from a bygone era, even back to 1938.. can’t wait to see a few images of @AAAC 76C in the upcoming issues..

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
735BC38B-E556-48F6-A2DD-92E2193BB002.jpeg

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Here are the result. I had a very good day at the mountain, eventhough I almost cried when Pascal passed me 60 meters from the finishline
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHi...9895579;9895580;9895582;9895584;&category=all

Thank you Jacob. I saw the finish even from my position way back down the mountain. I thought you might make ground on MikMak however expected you to finish 2nd.. must have been quite a finish from Pascal... :eek:

Yay - first placed Yorkshireman...

Last edited:
Top Bottom