Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
We know the Danish team won, congratulations, what about the others?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well the Spaniards lost a rider but were allowed to substitute him during the race which is against the rules according to the website. We also had a rider with technical problems from the start (peterob) which meant he started stage 1 late, was severely affected in stage 2, and couldn't start stage 3. We didn't have a substitute. .....

Not that I'm bitter about it in any way :whistle:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Thanks for all the really kind comments guys. Really really class. I know it’s a massive cliche to say it but you guys really are the extra man in the team! :cheers:

I’m completely f#cked. I’m sure the other guys are too because everyone absolutely gave it everything. Peter had some real sh!t luck. The Spanish result has got a little question mark over it but that’s probably not too important right now. I just wanted to say thanks really before I curle up in the corner and die...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well the Spaniards lost a rider but were allowed to substitute him during the race which is against the rules according to the website. We also had a rider with technical problems from the start (peterob) which meant he started stage 1 late, was severely affected in stage 2, and couldn't start stage 3. We didn't have a substitute. .....

Sounds dodgy ... best let @Brusgaard know, he doesn't like cheating and insists rules should always be followed.

peterob

Veteran

Blimey that was frustrating! But a brilliant ride by the team (well 4 of them) in the TTT. I could see and hear the pain! :bravo:

I had broadband issues all the time. Internet went down about 2 mins before the first stage - so I frantically set up my mobile hotspot and started just after everyone else.

I reverted back to wifi again after stage 1 and it seemed to be okay until about 30 secs before stage 2 :hyper:. So I got the hotspot going and started the stage 2 mins down. Then I got stupid fairy dust on the start of the first climb. So much so that it was taking the p1$$ so I reset the turbo. When it came back on I could hardly move! I reset it a few more times and finally got it working normally about half-way and put in a big effort to get a respectable finish.

Then worse to come - the laptop reset about 30 secs before the TTT. I got going about 1:30 behind our guys and then it reset again and froze. By the time I got back in again the race was half over and I could only spectate. But I was able to see a great effort by everyone and hear the pains (again) of Bridgy's cramp! Well done guys! :notworthy:

Despite those frustrations it was a great experience. I'd have loved to have done my share in the TTT though. Maybe with the extra help we could have pipped the Spaniards for second spot. But we'll never know.

Thanks for the support here from everyone. We all appreciated it :bravo::bravo:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Blimey that was frustrating! But a brilliant ride by the team (well 4 of them) in the TTT. I could see and hear the pain! :bravo:

I had broadband issues all the time. Internet went down about 2 mins before the first stage - so I frantically set up my mobile hotspot and started just after everyone else.

I reverted back to wifi again after stage 1 and it seemed to be okay until about 30 secs before stage 2 :hyper:. So I got the hotspot going and started the stage 2 mins down. Then I got stupid fairy dust on the start of the first climb. So much so that it was taking the p1$$ so I reset the turbo. When it came back on I could hardly move! I reset it a few more times and finally got it working normally about half-way and put in a big effort to get a respectable finish.

Then worse to come - the laptop reset about 30 secs before the TTT. I got going about 1:30 behind our guys and then it reset again and froze. By the time I got back in again the race was half over and I could only spectate. But I was able to see a great effort by everyone and hear the pains (again) of Bridgy's cramp! Well done guys! :notworthy:

Despite those frustrations it was a great experience. I'd have loved to have done my share in the TTT though. Maybe with the extra help we could have pipped the Spaniards for second spot. But we'll never know.

Thanks for the support here from everyone. We all appreciated it :bravo::bravo:
Really unlucky Pete, but you gave your all when the technology allowed it :notworthy:

Top Bottom