Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yes, thank you guys for all the great support - we all absolutely buried ourselves I can assure you!

The TTT was a shame - we were down to 4 riders from the start because of pete's technical issues and although I started well I got the dreaded leg cramps about halfway through and basically limped to the finish, which obviously gave the Spanish team (with their fresher-legged illegal 5th man substitute ^_^) the chance to beat our time and take second place overall :cry:

Proud of my teammates though - three races like that is hard to do - great effort guys, and fantastic help from @gbrown again - thank you geoff :hugs:

And also a big thank you to the Danish guys who set up and organised the whole event- enjoy your celebration beers :cheers:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool

bridgy

Legendary Member

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Thanks Geoff although I really can't bear to watch those right now :surrender:

:laugh:

I’m going to have to watch that first stage again. I’m quite disappointed I lost out to both the guys I was up against for most of the ride. Completely messed up the finish.... you on the other hand absolutely smashed that stage Bridgy!

Brusgaard please pass on my congratulations to all the Danish lads. Top class effort on the road, and also organising the whole thing again :cheers:.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Lessons Learnt:
Hardwired BKooling is the only way to go.
Don't get an angina attack in stage 1
Don't get cramp in stage 3
Learn some good race craft .

Stage 1 was insane, I was spinning 1000 BW to keep in touch with the leading pack and binned the idea quickly and set a more reasonable pace
Bridgy and I ended up in a group of 3 and were 4th to 6th but the other guy was a strong Dane.
The .3rd man was just seconds up the road so I didn't want to drag the Dane across as points wise it was pointless. A little bit of tactical confusion after we had sent Bridgy off and he ended up jumping us which is just about the point my chest started tightening up.
Ended up limping in in 13th.
Had to start the 2nd stage steadily to make sure all four cylinders were firing and worked my way through the pack on the first climb and ended up on Jacobs wheel with blinking Museuw, however it is spelt, not far away.
I lost concentration for two seconds when the gradient reduced and Jacob was off, by fek has he improved his climbing.
Ended up with Museuw again who just sat on my wheel wisely as we had a Spaniard behind us who was no threat to the Danes as the rest of thier team was in front of us.
The Spaniard was 18 seconds off and holding so I had to keep pushing just to have Museuw jump me with a km or so to go giving the Danes 2nd thru 6th, the blinking brusgaards.
Stage 3 was going OK until three things.
Man 5 down on the line
Bridgy getting cramps, that said my thighs were twinging at the start and if they had of cramped I would have been incapacitated.
Finally my server connection dropped out, probably a deliberate move by the BKool as it meant that when I rejoined I could offer no draft to the others and to some degree that was the final nail that put us behind Spain.

Anyway, in town now having a coffee and chilling out looking forward to next year.

From my perspective the TTT kind of destroyed the race as there are to many online issues that can result in the whole team being held back so I would like to see the Velodrome back again. It's fast, exciting and confusing all in one whereas the TTT was just drawn out torture whether your the weakest or the strongest rider.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I take it there is no CG rerun this afternoon that team cyclechat will be joining :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
:surrender:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Lessons Learnt:
Hardwired BKooling is the only way to go.
Don't get an angina attack in stage 1
Don't get cramp in stage 3
Learn some good race craft .

Stage 1 was insane, I was spinning 1000 BW to keep in touch with the leading pack and binned the idea quickly and set a more reasonable pace
Bridgy and I ended up in a group of 3 and were 4th to 6th but the other guy was a strong Dane.
The .3rd man was just seconds up the road so I didn't want to drag the Dane across as points wise it was pointless. A little bit of tactical confusion after we had sent Bridgy off and he ended up jumping us which is just about the point my chest started tightening up.
Ended up limping in in 13th.
Had to start the 2nd stage steadily to make sure all four cylinders were firing and worked my way through the pack on the first climb and ended up on Jacobs wheel with blinking Museuw, however it is spelt, not far away.
I lost concentration for two seconds when the gradient reduced and Jacob was off, by fek has he improved his climbing.
Ended up with Museuw again who just sat on my wheel wisely as we had a Spaniard behind us who was no threat to the Danes as the rest of thier team was in front of us.
The Spaniard was 18 seconds off and holding so I had to keep pushing just to have Museuw jump me with a km or so to go giving the Danes 2nd thru 6th, the blinking brusgaards.
Stage 3 was going OK until three things.
Man 5 down on the line
Bridgy getting cramps, that said my thighs were twinging at the start and if they had of cramped I would have been incapacitated.
Finally my server connection dropped out, probably a deliberate move by the BKool as it meant that when I rejoined I could offer no draft to the others and to some degree that was the final nail that put us behind Spain.

Anyway, in town now having a coffee and chilling out looking forward to next year.

From my perspective the TTT kind of destroyed the race as there are to many online issues that can result in the whole team being held back so I would like to see the Velodrome back again. It's fast, exciting and confusing all in one whereas the TTT was just drawn out torture whether your the weakest or the strongest rider.
Well done @AAAC 76C ... that's really bad luck and hope the old ticker is feeling a bit better post ride. Is there nothing that you can get for angina?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I can see that there is some controversy about the Spanish rider being replaced.

I don’t know about the rules about subsituting, but one of the riders got sick and another ones Bkool broke down.

Looking at the stage results, Spain was better on the first 2 stages, and on the third Moreno and Pep did most of the work in the TTT. So I think it was fair enough. Had AAAC performed as expected on stage 1, things may have looked different. Bridgy also disappointed me on a couple of stages.

But that’s all just water under the bridge now. I’m sure everyone did their best, figthing bad internet, bad Bkool software, angina attacks, cramps etc.

You may fell bad, but how do you think the Belgian riders feel, getting floorwiped by you guys and the other teams on all three stages?

But best of all, I’ll keep my cheeks ink-free. :wahhey:

Last edited:
Top Bottom