Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Well done on your commentating and internet etc efforts BrusgaardQUOTE]

I'd just like to add that although I didn't understand a word, I thought that as a commentator @Brusgaard came across extremely professional.
Very well done that man. :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
As I've had a bit of a public moan about this on here I think it only right that I update you to say that @JacobSkovsgaard has very graciously said to me that the decision to allow the Spanish sub was probably wrong and won't happen again like that in future. I do fully accept that the decision - although wrong - was made at the time in good faith and for what they thought we're the right reasons. (What he hasn't tried to do is make excuses to suggest the decision was completely fair or didn't affect the result at all, which I respect....)

Personally I think it robbed us of a fair fight between what should have been two 4 man teams (in the circumstances) for Spain and GB in the TTT to decide second overall.

But this is obviously not the Olympics or anything so personally I'm satisfied with Jacob's response and happy to leave it at that and move on.

Right, where's my beer(s) :cheers:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
And I can honestly say that I feel I did more for the team this year than I did last. :laugh:

It was quite odd holding your turbo motor in my hands. It did actually feel like a part of you was in the team. I was looking at it last night thinking about how many times you’d used it to run me over!

It also highlights the fact that it’s possible today might of been my last race on a BKOOL turbo which is a little bit of a shame. Ecspecially as today has left me with a feeling of a job not yet finished.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
As I've had a bit of a public moan about this on here I think it only right that I update you to say that @JacobSkovsgaard has very graciously said to me that the decision to allow the Spanish sub was probably wrong and won't happen again like that in future. I do fully accept that the decision - although wrong - was made at the time in good faith and for what they thought we're the right reasons. (What he hasn't tried to do is make excuses to suggest the decision was completely fair or didn't affect the result at all, which I respect....)

Personally I think it robbed us of a fair fight between what should have been two 4 man teams (in the circumstances) for Spain and GB in the TTT to decide second overall.

But this is obviously not the Olympics or anything so personally I'm satisfied with Jacob's response and happy to leave it at that and move on.

Right, where's my beer(s) :cheers:

Last year we finished 3rd of 3 teams. Today we finished 2nd of 5 teams as far as I’m concerned. I think that counts as progress! I predict next year there’s going to be even more competition for places.

bridgy

Legendary Member
It was quite odd holding your turbo motor in my hands. It did actually feel like a part of you was in the team. I was looking at it last night thinking about how many times you’d used it to run me over!

It also highlights the fact that it’s possible today might of been my last race on a BKOOL turbo which is a little bit of a shame. Ecspecially as today has left me with a feeling of a job not yet finished.
One of the great things about bkool (despite its many faults) is the fact that the likes of us get to take part in an international event like today. There's a national championship race on zwift next week (which I might try and do) and I'll be lucky to finish in the top 100 let alone the top 5 of GB riders

bridgy

Legendary Member
It was quite odd holding your turbo motor in my hand
Are you on the beers too mate?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
In stage 1 you may have beat them overall, but weren’t we talking about individual substitution and not the team as a whole? I just looked at the top 10, before making my remark. Spain came 1st and 6th, your best guys 5th and 10th. Stage 2 they finished 1st and 8th, and yours 7th and 9th.

That said, I just returned home 20 minutes ago, and haven’t had a chance to watch my recordings or take a closer look at the results.

If you feel cheated, you should complain to Skovsgaard or the guys doing the rules / checking for cheats. I only did the commenting and fixing the shop’s internet, without which nothing would have worked...
Surely rules are rules? Spain had 5 starters in the final TTT race, 4 original and the new rider with fresh legs. The new rider may not had done much pulling, but just having fresh legs would have meant he could keep up the pace. For me, I think Spain should be given the time of their original 4 riders during the last race as I'm pretty sure even their 5th 'sick' guy still completed the ride.

Unfortunately Brusgaard you're happy pointing the finger at me for my cheat/test but you're less open to admitting when the rules have been broken here which is a bit hypocritical. I'm sure if this had happened and impacted on the Dane's results you'd be saying something completely different.

All this is a bit of a shame though as overall it was a great morning of racing and some really gutsy performances. I really felt for the Belgium guys, but I'm sure they'll be back stronger next year. And the 4 German guys had a storming TTT. As for the Danish 5, they were amazing :notworthy:

Edit: Just seen @bridgy post re: Jacob's comment. Nice to hear that acknowledgement that a mistake was made and not trying to justify it :okay: 2nd place for our boys it was then :laugh:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Last year we finished 3rd of 3 teams. Today we finished 2nd of 5 teams as far as I’m concerned. I think that counts as progress! I predict next year there’s going to be even more competition for places.
I want in!!! I was pushing the pedals the whole morning with you guys ... so wanted to be there with you. I'll be keeping my Pro, but working hard on the Kickr to improve my fitness. My Pro will come out for the trials next year :bicycle::boxing:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I want in!!! I was pushing the pedals the whole morning with you guys ... so wanted to be there with you. I'll be keeping my Pro, but working hard on the Kickr to improve my fitness. My Pro will come out for the trials next year :bicycle::boxing:
Great attitude Carl - although you may regret it after the 3 stages! I can happily ride at a reasonable pace for several hours with no adverse effects but 3 back to back bkool sprints - different level challenge! I look forward to brusgaard commentating on your rides....^_^

Top Bottom