Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
QUOTE Brusgaard
Had AAAC performed as expected on stage 1, things may have looked different.

Humble apologies to all for not performing as expected.
Regards
57 years and 350 day old git with heart disease.

Still love you all though and I hope I have the chance to try harder next year.

Odd actually as I underperformed in Stage 1 last year but his it by going back for Tommy and we both caught up with all of the other Cyclechat under-performers before the end of the stage.
Back then, had I crossed the line first out of our group I would have beaten Jacob into third place.

Glad you’re ok AC. I was pretty oblivious to what was going on with you in stage 1 other than you were struggling for some reason. The way you came back in the next two stages was insane. True beast.

I’m getting through booze at an alarming rate tonight, but I’m pretty sure I’d say this stone cold sober. It’s an honour and a privilege to get towed along by you sir.

#unfinishedbuisiness

bridgy

Legendary Member
Glad you’re ok AC. I was pretty oblivious to what was going on with you in stage 1 other than you were struggling for some reason. The way you came back in the next two stages was insane. True beast.

I’m getting through booze at an alarming rate tonight, but I’m pretty sure I’d say this stone cold sober. It’s an honour and a privilege to get towed along by you sir.

#unfinishedbuisiness
Wot he said (including about the booze) :bravo:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
QUOTE Brusgaard
Had AAAC performed as expected on stage 1, things may have looked different.

Humble apologies to all for not performing as expected.
Regards
57 years and 350 day old git with heart disease.

Well, I expected you and Bridgy to be within the top 10 on both stage 1 and 2, knowing how fast you two normally ride! In that regard you did let me down.

You may well have ridden within your own expectations, given you health issues, I wouldn't know!

This forum has been flowing with all kinds of medical excuses these past 14 days, so I MIGHT have missed a serious one from you. But your (teams) performance on Thursday didn't give me a clue. But then again, I wasn't around the first 11 minutes in that race. So I don't know if you took it easy or pulled the group from start to finish.

You did well, as expected, on Stage 2 however! :okay: Like the chaps here on CC, we thought you might have had a puncture or mechanical failure on S1.

Jacob did have a chain-drop on S2 at a dead-stop, and some problems with his turbo too. Had also had to get of the bike and pull the cord, as it didn't give him the expected resistance. Actually he took a fall onto the floor at one point, because cleats and sweaty hard floor doesn't mix well. :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well, I expected you and Bridgy to be within the top 10 on both stage 1 and 2, knowing how fast you two normally ride! In that regard you did let me down.

You may well have ridden within your own expectations, given you health issues, I wouldn't know!

This forum has been flowing with all kinds of medical excuses these past 14 days, so I MIGHT have missed a serious one from you. But your (teams) performance on Thursday didn't give me a clue. But then again, I wasn't around the first 11 minutes in that race. So I don't know if you took it easy or pulled the group from start to finish.

You did well, as expected, on Stage 2 however! :okay: Like the chaps here on CC, we thought you might have had a puncture or mechanical failure on S1.

Jacob did have a chain-drop on S2 at a dead-stop, and some problems with his turbo too. Had also had to get of the bike and pull the cord, as it didn't give him the expected resistance. Actually he took a fall onto the floor at one point, because cleats and sweaty hard floor doesn't mix well. :laugh:
I can assure you, you're the only person feeling "let down" by anyone's efforts today

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

#unfinishedbuisiness
There was certainly concern from us spectating as @AAAC 76C was struggling. i don't think anyone watching underestimates the effort and pain you all went through (all 25 riders ....well, I guess technically 26!). 3 back to back races is immense. And those poor Belgiums, they'd hardly finished stage 2 when they were back out on the TTT.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
There was certainly concern from us spectating as @AAAC 76C was struggling. i don't think anyone watching underestimates the effort and pain you all went through (all 25 riders ....well, I guess technically 26!). 3 back to back races is immense. And those poor Belgiums, they'd hardly finished stage 2 when they were back out on the TTT.

To be expected, Belgium aren't exactly a cycling nation now are they.
Well name just one decent Belgian rider, I bet you can't.
As for the Germans they took cycling off of thier TV channels because they didn't have any decent riders.

Whereas us Brits are a Nation of cyclists going back decades. It's hard to find a Pro Peleton race or Olympic title we didn't win over the past 80 years.
Probably why we didn't fare so well today having worn our Nation out winning all of the time, or we are just good blokes and let someone else win for once just like we are in the Winter Olympics where we normally excel, heck, we even invented it.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
To be expected, Belgium aren't exactly a cycling nation now are they.
Well name just one decent Belgian rider, I bet you can't.
Wasn't there a belgium chap called Eddy who was once quite good? :tongue:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I can assure you, you're the only person feeling "let down" by anyone's efforts today

So if Froomy finishes at 30th place at a TdF mountain stage, where you expected him to finished in the top 10, you are not disappointed in his perfomance? I'm sure he (as all of you) did his best on that stage too, but we/I just expected more. You should take that as a compliment, but I guess it's all lost in translation... :sad:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
So if Froomy finishes at 30th place at a TdF mountain stage, where you expected him to finished in the top 10, you are not disappointed in his perfomance? I'm sure he (as all of you) did his best on that stage too, but we/I just expected more. You should take that as a compliment, but I guess it's all lost in translation... :sad:

I for one would prefer it that Froome didn't ride at all until he has cleared his 'charge'.
He is guilty of a rule infringement and needs to prove his innocence, something that is highly unlikely to happen.
I don't think for one moment that he isn't a true champion and to me a true champion would stand to one side until justice is completete.

EDIT IGNORE THIS BIT, MISSED THE POINT TOTALLY

That aside, considering his goals it matters not what happens on his first outing of the season as it is what we call in the Forces ''a warmer into the butts'.

PS Edit. If he turns out to be a cheat we will just take away his passport and disown him 100%.
Chris who?

Last edited:
Top Bottom