Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Really .... i actually didn't know that :okay: I knew he wasn't born in the UK but assumed it was somewhere further afield like Oz

But he was from British stock and that is good enough for me.
Wiggins for me is the epitome of British cycling.
Ugly
Brash
Outspoken
Bad mannered
Bad looser
And wears the wrong socks all of the time
Sky even made a special bike for him that parked itself neatly have been thrust across the road in anger for not working.

Edit: I am a great fan of 'Wiggo' and ''Cav" for all of the above reasons. They made cycling a working class sport. I bet they are both even handy in a scrap especially now Brad has some meat back on his bones.
I loved it when he upset sNibali in the TdF.

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
Well can I just say on behalf of the rest of the team that we're very glad you didn't die while we were all connected on the discord voice channel - would have put a right downer on events (not to mention make the TTT even harder than it was) :thumbsup:
Lol, great post, encapsulates the cc attitude perfectly

AAAC 76C

Large Member
So if Froomy finishes at 30th place at a TdF mountain stage, where you expected him to finished in the top 10, you are not disappointed in his perfomance? I'm sure he (as all of you) did his best on that stage too, but we/I just expected more. You should take that as a compliment, but I guess it's all lost in translation... :sad:

Now my true answer.
Disappointed? If he looses time in the TdF I do feel down but unless I spot him sitting up reading his e-mails on his mobile instead of competing then I would be disappointed.
The thing with athletics is you should never be disappointed with an individual for turning themselves inside out and Chris Froome for one always does that.

bobinski

Legendary Member
To be honest when Bridgy and I were doing so well in Stage 1 with 3rd and 4th a possibility and Tommy not far behind I was having a panic attack fearing my best mates were going together tattooed. This probably bought on my angina.

:biggrin:

To be honest DP it is probably not angina (Just checking predictive text has got that right).
I had a ECG two weeks ago and everything looked fine and the Heart Doctor felt it may not be a heart problem but had no idea what it might be, not his field, so to double check I am having a second ECG next week but this time they will be forcing my heart rate with medication.
My GP had put me on medication for acid reflux in case it is that but unfortunately he didn't prescribe enough to last until my next prescription so I have only been taking it alternate days and today was an off day so that may have been bad planning.
At the end of the day when you have had 3 stents fitted for blocked main heart arteries and your chest feels tight and you feel you have to sit down you don't try and push 450 BW.
I was lucky to feel it coming on and so I was able to tick over and get to the end of the stage so I stood a chance to run in stage 2.
I wasn't 100% when stage 2 started but the tightness left me before the climb started so I gradually applied pressure but I never felt confident enough to go to hard otherwise I would have gone after Jacob

You sir, are a fecking Legend (and see below)

But he was from British stock and that is good enough for me.
Wiggins for me is the epitome of British cycling.
Ugly
Brash
Outspoken
Bad mannered
Bad looser
And wears the wrong socks all of the time
Sky even made a special bike for him that parked itself neatly have been thrust across the road in anger for not working.

Edit: I am a great fan of 'Wiggo' and ''Cav" for all of the above reasons. They made cycling a working class sport. I bet they are both even handy in a scrap especially now Brad has some meat back on his bones.
I loved it when he upset sNibali in the TdF.

This.
And you can count yourself a member of that little club too:notworthy:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Busy fixing my laptop so I haven't watched anything back yet.

Feking Windows 10 was running a security update but didn't tell me and my laptop was freezing so I switched it off and started again a few times and it did the same thing so I reset it and now can't t log back in so I am doing a total reset now which will take a few hours.

bridgy

Legendary Member
So if Froomy finishes at 30th place at a TdF mountain stage, where you expected him to finished in the top 10, you are not disappointed in his perfomance? I'm sure he (as all of you) did his best on that stage too, but we/I just expected more. You should take that as a compliment, but I guess it's all lost in translation... :sad:
Ok, this particular comment maybe lost in translation a bit. My point is just that whatever happened everyone gave it everything so you can't ask for more than that
Yeah, great sprint @JJRobinson and another from @bridgy nailing line...
I was very happy with that sprint on stage 2! Unfortunately it was only for 15th place but it was my own personal battle at the time so felt good to pull it off all the same!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
:biggrin:

You sir, are a fecking Legend (and see below)

This.
And you can count yourself a member of that little club too:notworthy:

Unfortunately I could never bring myself to wear long socks and defo not black ones.
That is just not cricket.
I went to a Grammar School I will have you know.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Ok, this particular comment maybe lost in translation a bit. My point is just that whatever happened everyone gave it everything so you can't ask for more than that

I was very happy with that sprint on stage 2! Unfortunately it was only for 15th place but it was my own personal battle at the time so felt good to pull it off all the same!

15th!
Feking looser!

I had to slow down to come 13th in Stage 1

Top Bottom