Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Don’t think you weren’t missed today and all DP! That last stage had your name written all over it! With you and AAAC at the front myself and the other 5 guys could of sat back and relaxed in the tow. (I say 5 guys, assuming we’re playing by Spanish rules :whistle:)
Well as it happens I have got a chest infection so my HR would have been 189 as well and probably nailing a whole 100 BK watts... so not missed at all I'd reckon!
On the plus side I ran up the stairs today... that was my exercise....

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Ok, this particular comment maybe lost in translation a bit. My point is just that whatever happened everyone gave it everything so you can't ask for more than that

Have I implied anywhere, that you lot DIDN'T give it all you got, I do not recall doing that? And yes, I didn't do all the math, having slept only 5 hours, up early in the morning packing, driving for an hour, setting up the network, doing a re-routing of the power supply (all computers, monitors etc. where connected to just one single wall outlet and then one extension cable after the other, when I got there :ohmy:) and only finishing it all during the riders warmup for stage 1 and then jumped right into the commentary booth after that.

So excuse me, if I'm a bit tired and haven't got all the facts straight. Next time I'll try not to rush home and reconnect my computer to setup a CycleChat CG race (to no avail), and instead spend some time with my family and go through the results on the couch...

As a spectator we can all only comment/speculate on what we see "on the road", and have no knowledge about what goes on behind the scenes.
Being in the same room right next to the riders, as here Denmark, it is much easier to see if a rider is in some kind of trouble, be that mechanical or heatlh wise.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Have I implied anywhere, that you lot DIDN'T give it all you got, I do not recall doing that? And yes, I didn't do all the math, having slept only 5 hours, up early in the morning packing, driving for an hour, setting up the network, doing a re-routing of the power supply (all computers, monitors etc. where connected to just one single wall outlet and then one extension cable after the other, when I got there :ohmy:) and only finishing it all during the riders warmup for stage 1 and then jumped right into the commentary booth after that.

So excuse me, if I'm a bit tired and haven't got all the facts straight. Next time I'll try not to rush home and reconnect my computer to setup a CycleChat CG race (to no avail), and instead spend some time with my family and go through the results on the couch...

As a spectator we can all only comment/speculate on what we see "on the road", and have no knowledge about what goes on behind the scenes.
Being in the same room right next to the riders, as here Denmark, it is much easier to see if a rider is in some kind of trouble, be that mechanical or heatlh wise.
Easy old fella... lost in translation yes, and a lot of people yourself included are tired and emotional!

I dream of five hours sleep... 6 month baby in my bedroom awake every couple of hours so I'm always 'cream crackered'. Then as I'm just getting to sleep at around 5 am after having an asleep baby on me for an hour plus, 4 year old comes in and joins us... net result is I'm trying to sleep on the edge of the bed with no duvet.... feck I go to work for a rest!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
On the plus side I ran up the stairs today... that was my exercise....

Did you know I am feking useless at running upstairs.
Then again, at my age, what's the point.

Other point is no matter what I say I can't upset you guys whereas if @Brusgaard says one thing wrong we are down his throat.
Please lay off the guy, he can't help the fact that he is bacon as well (AHH...Danish).
And he is probably younger and bigger than me and would no doubt kick my head in if he wanted to should we ever meet.
So lay of @Brusgaard or I will come around to your house and die on your carpet, laminate, oak, beach or whatever feking floor.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
@Brusgaard .
I love your passion man but when posting on this site bare in mind that we are all a bit emotional on account that we are all going through 'the change'.
You don't need to be polite but just back off a bit.
Heck even Randy, who no doubt owns an assault rifle or two being American, is polite and courteous because he knows how emotional we Brits get whilst going through the menopause.
In a few years time we will all be overweight and using Zimmer frames and will be no threat to you on or off of a bike so for now just humour us.
@lbhfi learnt that years ago and was almost given a free passport.

keithaitch

Veteran
I may be back sooner than you think ... Following a torn ACL, you may enter a rehabilitation program to reduce pain and restore function to your knee. Bicycling, often on a stationary bike through physical therapy, can improve range of motion in the knee joint. Because you may be unable to put much weight on your affected knee, rehabilitation works to regain some stability that might have been lost. Riding a bicycle improves circulation to the lower extremities and also works the muscles both above and below the knee, which can improve support for the joint, the Cartilage Health website explains

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I may be back sooner than you think ... Following a torn ACL, you may enter a rehabilitation program to reduce pain and restore function to your knee. Bicycling, often on a stationary bike through physical therapy, can improve range of motion in the knee joint. Because you may be unable to put much weight on your affected knee, rehabilitation works to regain some stability that might have been lost. Riding a bicycle improves circulation to the lower extremities and also works the muscles both above and below the knee, which can improve support for the joint, the Cartilage Health website explains

Can't say it's done diddly for my lower extremities, they have remained reduced in function for quite a few years now.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Did you know I am feking useless at running upstairs.
Then again, at my age, what's the point.

Other point is no matter what I say I can't upset you guys whereas if @Brusgaard says one thing wrong we are down his throat.
Please lay off the guy, he can't help the fact that he is bacon as well (AHH...Danish).
And he is probably younger and bigger than me and would no doubt kick my head in if he wanted to should we ever meet.
So lay of @Brusgaard or I will come around to your house and die on your carpet, laminate, oak, beach or whatever feking floor.

Thanks AAAC (or Alan Andrew A Charlton as Skovsgaard named you :laugh:). I didn't mean any disrespect in the disappointment remark, maybe surprised would be a better word? But as Skovsgaard pointed out (on Messenger), the discussion of what might or might not have happened, had the rules not been broken/bent, is pointless.

Maybe Spain would have been even faster on Stage 2, maybe a turbo would have blown up on the Spanish or German team in the TTT, maybe a chain-drop off for one of their riders at the start, we'll never know. Everyone is smarter in hindsight and as Jacob said, he will probably make another decision next time! Just like with the Brexit referendum?

Let's just leave it that - after all, we all do this for free and fun, but of course with a competitive edge and hope for fair play!

Goodnight!

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Welcome back @keithaitch... that's great news and you may even get a couple of extra minutes on the handicap league if @gbrown Is feeling generous...

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Brusgaard,Thanks AAAC (or Alan Andrew A Charlton as Skovsgaard named you :laugh:

That's it, bloody war now.
AAA feking C.
Army Apprentice College Arborfield R.E.M.E.
By skill and by fighting.
Get it right or I will come and die on your Danish Pine floors and I will stain badly being a bit rank already.
I'm so angry the noo I can't even type good.
And even worse I am going Scottish!

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Brusgaard,Thanks AAAC (or Alan Andrew A Charlton as Skovsgaard named you :laugh:

That's it, bloody war now.
AAA feking C.
Army Apprentice College Arborfield R.E.M.E.
By skill and by fighting.
Get it right or I will come and die on your Danish Pine floors and I will stain badly being a bit rank already.
I'm so angry I can't even type good.

Shouldn't it be AACA then? Maybe we should just go to bed? After all, another race awaits at 10am tomorrow. :wacko:

Top Bottom