Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Great attitude Carl - although you may regret it after the 3 stages! I can happily ride at a reasonable pace for several hours with no adverse effects but 3 back to back bkool sprints - different level challenge! I look forward to brusgaard commentating on your rides....^_^
Maybe I can just come in on the 3rd ride :whistle:

That would have killed me today, was brutal for you guys. But it gives me something to aim for :training:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
A very niche literary genre....just off to google something....:addict:
'He parked his bike by thrusting the rear wheel between her buttocks...' that kind of quality literature...

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I want in!!! I was pushing the pedals the whole morning with you guys ... so wanted to be there with you. I'll be keeping my Pro, but working hard on the Kickr to improve my fitness. My Pro will come out for the trials next year :bicycle::boxing:

You should definitely take a shot for it mate!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Well done @AAAC 76C Is there nothing that you can get for angina?

To be honest DP it is probably not angina (Just checking predictive text has got that right).
I had a ECG two weeks ago and everything looked fine and the Heart Doctor felt it may not be a heart problem but had no idea what it might be, not his field, so to double check I am having a second ECG next week but this time they will be forcing my heart rate with medication.
My GP had put me on medication for acid reflux in case it is that but unfortunately he didn't prescribe enough to last until my next prescription so I have only been taking it alternate days and today was an off day so that may have been bad planning.
At the end of the day when you have had 3 stents fitted for blocked main heart arteries and your chest feels tight and you feel you have to sit down you don't try and push 450 BW.
I was lucky to feel it coming on and so I was able to tick over and get to the end of the stage so I stood a chance to run in stage 2.
I wasn't 100% when stage 2 started but the tightness left me before the climb started so I gradually applied pressure but I never felt confident enough to go to hard otherwise I would have gone after Jacob

Whorty

To be honest DP it is probably not angina (Just checking predictive text has got that right).
I had a ECG two weeks ago and everything looked fine and the Heart Doctor felt it may not be a heart problem but had no idea what it might be, not his field, so to double check I am having a second ECG next week but this time they will be forcing my heart rate with medication.
My GP had put me on medication for acid reflux in case it is that but unfortunately he didn't prescribe enough to last until my next prescription so I have only been taking it alternate days and today was an off day so that may have been bad planning.
At the end of the day when you have had 3 stents fitted for blocked main heart arteries and your chest feels tight and you feel you have to sit down you don't try and push 450 BW.
I was lucky to feel it coming on and so I was able to tick over and get to the end of the stage so I stood a chance to run in stage 2.
I wasn't 100% when stage 2 started but the tightness left me before the climb started so I gradually applied pressure but I never felt confident enough to go to hard otherwise I would have gone after Jacob
:notworthy:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I wasn't 100% when stage 2 started but the tightness left me before the climb started so I gradually applied pressure but I never felt confident enough to go to hard otherwise I would have gone after Jackson.
Well can I just say on behalf of the rest of the team that we're very glad you didn't die while we were all connected on the discord voice channel - would have put a right downer on events (not to mention make the TTT even harder than it was) :thumbsup:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Surely rules are rules? Spain had 5 starters in the final TTT race, 4 original and the new rider with fresh legs. The new rider may not had done much pulling, but just having fresh legs would have meant he could keep up the pace. For me, I think Spain should be given the time of their original 4 riders during the last race as I'm pretty sure even their 5th 'sick' guy still completed the ride.

Unfortunately Brusgaard you're happy pointing the finger at me for my cheat/test but you're less open to admitting when the rules have been broken here which is a bit hypocritical. I'm sure if this had happened and impacted on the Dane's results you'd be saying something completely different.

All this is a bit of a shame though as overall it was a great morning of racing and some really gutsy performances. I really felt for the Belgium guys, but I'm sure they'll be back stronger next year. And the 4 German guys had a storming TTT. As for the Danish 5, they were amazing :notworthy:

Edit: Just seen @bridgy post re: Jacob's comment. Nice to hear that acknowledgement that a mistake was made and not trying to justify it :okay: 2nd place for our boys it was then :laugh:

I have not tried to defend the decision, as I was just as surprised as you were about the substitute. And honestly, I had not read the rules beforehand, and was in no way in on the decision whether to allow a substitute or not.

My personal observation was that it would not have changed the overall ranking, as you lost with 45 points. Had you beaten Spain in the TTT, you would still be 20 points behind them overall and where would you find those points? In my opinion Hellboy77 should have gotten 0 points for not finishing stage 1, but again, I was not in the jury, and I expect them to follow their own rules. In fact, I think I asked them about it during the break, and they didn’t have an answer, as the had not expected any riders to bail out before the stage finishes.

You using a deliberate cheat is something completely different, and I’m surprised you make the comparison. Sour grapes?

AAAC 76C

Large Member
QUOTE Brusgaard
Had AAAC performed as expected on stage 1, things may have looked different.

Humble apologies to all for not performing as expected.
Regards
57 years and 350 day old git with heart disease.

Still love you all though and I hope I have the chance to try harder next year.

Odd actually as I underperformed in Stage 1 last year but hid it by going back for Tommy and we both caught up with all of the other Cyclechat under-performers before the end of the stage.
Back then, had I crossed the line first out of our group I would have beaten Jacob into third place.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I have not tried to defend the decision, as I was just as surprised as you were about the substitute. And honestly, I had not read the rules beforehand, and was in no way in on the decision whether to allow a substitute or not.

My personal observation was that it would not have changed the overall ranking, as you lost with 45 points. Had you beaten Spain in the TTT, you would still be 20 points behind them overall and where would you find those points? In my opinion Hellboy77 should have gotten 0 points for not finishing stage 1, but again, I was not in the jury, and I expect them to follow their own rules. In fact, I think I asked them about it during the break, and they didn’t have an answer, as the had not expected any riders to bail out before the stage finishes.

You using a deliberate cheat is something completely different, and I’m surprised you make the comparison. Sour grapes?
Firstly, you and Whorty should probably put your personal disagreement behind you and both move on!

Secondly, you should probably stop commenting on the Spain sub issue as every time you do you get your facts wrong. We were 20 points behind Spain after stage 2, so if we'd come ahead of them in the TTT we'd have beaten them to second. Check your maths!

As I said earlier I am happy with what Jacob said and happy to leave it but I can't help replying if you say false things!

Whorty

Not too good at maths then are you? We were 20 points down going into the TTT. Spain 'beat' us in the TTT and hence gained 25 more points than us. Add this to the original 20 point advantage and there is your 45 points that they finished ahead of us. Now, if the results are reversed, we get 25 points more than Spain in the TTT, resulting in us beating Spain by 5 points. Pretty simple.

As for sour grapes, not me. I'm just a reformed character, following my previous dally into cheating, and now I just want to ensure rules are followed to the letter. Like I say, you'd have been different had broken rules impacted the Dane's result, but your poor defense and accusing us of sour grapes just highlights your hypocrisy I'm afraid. And there was me feeling sorry for you when I did me cheat/test and gave you all the time back.

bridgy

Legendary Member
QUOTE Brusgaard
Had AAAC performed as expected on stage 1, things may have looked different.

Humble apologies to all for not performing as expected.
Regards
57 years and 350 day old git with heart disease.

Still love you all though and I hope I have the chance to try harder next year.

Odd actually as I underperformed in Stage 1 last year but his it by going back for Tommy and we both caught up with all of the other Cyclechat under-performers before the end of the stage.
Back then, had I crossed the line first out of our group I would have beaten Jacob into third place.
Absolutely nothing to apologise for

AAAC 76C

Large Member
My personal observation was that it would not have changed the overall ranking, as you lost with 45 points. Had you beaten Spain in the TTT, you would still be 20 points behind them.

Our team were under the understanding that we went into the TTT only 20 points behind Spain so if we bettered them by only one place we would had beat them by 5 points.

Who used a deliberate cheat?
I think I fully understand the meaning of deliberate.

Top Bottom