Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Deans a bit of a tasty descender :okay:

We are talking about 2 possible foreign trips, northern alps in late June or early July and possibly Girona this autumn or next spring. We would likley go with Angus again. Details to follow once we have looked into it.
Randy, if you are touring next year perhaps we could time it so you join us?
I’ll be back next summer to finish my ride and do the Devil but looking at your rides this week, I’ll make sure I’ll have a conflict. I wouldn’t even be able to
Use my natural advantage on the downhill sections.
I saw Breedon went 53 mph downhill. I don’t like going downhill at 53 mph in a car.
Thanks for the invite.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m going to miss the little devil on my shoulder

0172F65D-843E-429F-B28E-B5FEA547225D.jpeg

:hugs:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
if anyone is umming and aarring about going away with a group of blokes who you met on line and nowhere else , have nothing but cycling in common with them , in some cases can't understand much of what they are saying ( sorry - i will work on it !) can i just say -
what we have just done is without shadow of doubt the best bloody biking i have ever done ! the buzz and total feeling of elation to get up some of them climbs , see the views , feel the sun searing through your bonce on the climbs and the breeze freezing your core on the way down , to imagine just how fit the tdf riders must be to actually race up the climbs instead of just surviving the climbs , it makes for a totally unforgettable experience ,
to share that experience with Dean ,Bob and Thomas from here makes me realise just what a lucky boy i am and i would like to thank them all again for including me in playtime in the mountains
if anyone is in doubt as to whether to go or not - i can assure you , no-one could have been more nervous than me about it - strangers ,climbing for hours at a time , riding in heat , riding at altitude , descending at speed - everything a first and something to worry about - anyone reading this in that position - just do it , if not with us then with someone else , just do it -- its effing BRILLIANT and i feel so alive at the minute :hyper::hyper: still waiting for reality of work to kick in
Thanks to Dean for all the help sorting out the airport,hotel, travelling and company ( and sarcasm)
Thanks to Bob for organising, including me and company ( and sarcasm)
and Thanks to Tommy for getting me up them bleeding hills with a smile on my face even when i was in a very dark place and even the voices in my head had buggered off and left me ( and the sarcasm - oh the sarcasm :okay:)
also - even though they won't read this i guess but maybe Bob will pass it on i would like to say thanks to all the others that each made me feel a part of the group and very welcome
i will stop now before i go even more gwyneth paltrow , i just thought it needed saying
now just to continue the day eating with a big grin on my face :biggrin:
:bravo:we did it ! :bravo:

bobinski

Legendary Member
if anyone is umming and aarring about going away with a group of blokes who you met on line and nowhere else , have nothing but cycling in common with them , in some cases can't understand much of what they are saying ( sorry - i will work on it !) can i just say -
what we have just done is without shadow of doubt the best bloody biking i have ever done ! the buzz and total feeling of elation to get up some of them climbs , see the views , feel the sun searing through your bonce on the climbs and the breeze freezing your core on the way down , to imagine just how fit the tdf riders must be to actually race up the climbs instead of just surviving the climbs , it makes for a totally unforgettable experience ,
to share that experience with Dean ,Bob and Thomas from here makes me realise just what a lucky boy i am and i would like to thank them all again for including me in playtime in the mountains
if anyone is in doubt as to whether to go or not - i can assure you , no-one could have been more nervous than me about it - strangers ,climbing for hours at a time , riding in heat , riding at altitude , descending at speed - everything a first and something to worry about - anyone reading this in that position - just do it , if not with us then with someone else , just do it -- its effing BRILLIANT and i feel so alive at the minute :hyper::hyper: still waiting for reality of work to kick in
Thanks to Dean for all the help sorting out the airport,hotel, travelling and company ( and sarcasm)
and Thanks to Tommy for getting me up them bleeding hills with a smile on my face even when i was in a very dark place and even the voices in my head had buggered off and left me ( and the sarcasm - oh the sarcasm :okay:)
also - even though they won't read this i guess but maybe Bob will pass it on i would like to say thanks to all the others that each made me feel a part of the group and very welcome
i will stop now before i go even more gwyneth paltrow , i just thought it needed saying

Lee, that’s as ringing an endorsement as I could hope to hear. Lovely to have you and the other CC’s with us and genuinely the best trip so far even if you did break my legs on the way to the Tormalet- or was it on the first day:blush:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Most people would just say thanks for the tow (you’re welcome ^_^)

You must have good eyes to be able to see from 4 miles down the mountain :okay:

Tommy, Dean was trying to avoid your farts ... cant say i blame him. Strange way to break other riders. Still...

:tongue::biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sounds like you guys had a great time and is definitely something I'd love to join you guys to do, but 2 things need to happen. I need to lose some timber, and I need to somehow arrange for someone to care for HID for a week whilst I'm away. Both of which currently look hard to achieve :cry: Definitely on my bucket list to do, to climb up a couple of these iconic climbs.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Sounds like you guys had a great time and is definitely something I'd love to join you guys to do, but 2 things need to happen. I need to lose some timber, and I need to somehow arrange for someone to care for HID for a week whilst I'm away. Both of which currently look hard to achieve :cry: Definitely on my bucket list to do, to climb up a couple of these iconic climbs.
I need to lose a forest :cry:

Top Bottom