Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyMacca

Amdymacca started the one I joined. If I started it how do I add or change the warm up time to stop others peddling off?
Hi guys, sorry if I dorked that up, 1st group ride on Bkool and wasn't sure how it would start so at 18:00 I just stopped pedalling assuming it was already going.

keithaitch

Veteran
Good question to which the honest answer is I don't know, perhaps @Brusgaard or @BILL S could enlighten us both, I'll also do a practical investigation!
Well, live and learn. It appears that if you start a session and don't pedal the clock just ticks down. I let it get to 2 minutes to go then pedaled, and when I stopped pedaling and came to a stop the 10 second countdown started. I assume that if the clock had counted siren to zero the 10 second would have started and then the session would start.

shimceltic

Veteran
Hi guys, sorry if I dorked that up, 1st group ride on Bkool and wasn't sure how it would start so at 18:00 I just stopped pedalling assuming it was already going.
Best waiting till specified time and then searching for Keith or whoever starting the session rather than logging into the league ones on the bottom

keithaitch

Veteran
Andy great to have you here and on bkool. This league is a lot of fun. tonight was a disaster! Normally I start the session at 19:00, 18:00 UK time and it has a 10 minute warm up so the actual ride starts at 19:10. In that 10 minutes everybody searches for me in the routes search and joins that session so we are all riding the league ride together. I don't ride the Saturday rerun so somebody else, following discussion here starts it at 17:00 UK time (I think). See you next week, hopefully without the kerfuffle!

CXRAndy

Guru
Quick question of the Bkool Pro users, who have tried or using Trainer Road.

My inlaw is having wild power swings in ERG mode, basically its uncontrollable. Trainer Road say that Bkool had a bug in their FEC ant+ protocol and had released a firmware update.

Currently I dont know the firmware, the turbo hasnt been used in over a year, its a 2016/17 model

What is the latest firmware, has it improved ERG mode?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Quick question of the Bkool Pro users, who have tried or using Trainer Road.

My inlaw is having wild power swings in ERG mode, basically its uncontrollable. Trainer Road say that Bkool had a bug in their FEC ant+ protocol and had released a firmware update.

Currently I dont know the firmware, the turbo hasnt been used in over a year, its a 2016/17 model

What is the latest firmware, has it improved ERG mode?

3.25 for the Pro 1 and 2. Download the BKOOL Toolkit app and update.

shimceltic

Veteran
What is in the changelog for 3.25?
No idea of the full details but Watts are more realistic.

No idea of the full details but Watts are more realistic.
I did the firmware upgrade but when I went back in to double check to see if it was on 3.25 it couldn't see the trainer. I was still fighting my messed up derailleur set up from my bad wheel change so didn't ride. Hopefully it's good. I'll try an easy ride tonight to check it out. As a pre Saturday rerun excuse, 10 days of restaurants and not riding has set back the tiny gains I made before the trip.I

Edit: And be aware I'm filing a formal protest about you trying to get me to get a pizza oven.

shimceltic

Veteran
I did the firmware upgrade but when I went back in to double check to see if it was on 3.25 it couldn't see the trainer. I was still fighting my messed up derailleur set up from my bad wheel change so didn't ride. Hopefully it's good. I'll try an easy ride tonight to check it out. As a pre Saturday rerun excuse, 10 days of restaurants and not riding has set back the tiny gains I made before the trip.I

Edit: And be aware I'm filing a formal protest about you trying to get me to get a pizza oven.
I won't be on Saturday, working till evening then oot with the other half for a meal

Top Bottom