Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark68

Über Member
Did a ride today La Vuelta 2013 E1 and was doing ok. I felt good so when I got to a bout 6k to go someone passed me at a million mIles an hour. It was like I was stood still admiring the scenary when whoosh past he went. I wasn't going slow either. They must have been doing 40 mph. When I finished the stage I saw I was in second place behind Mr speedy. Grrr

shimceltic

Veteran
Did a ride today La Vuelta 2013 E1 and was doing ok. I felt good so when I got to a bout 6k to go someone passed me at a million mIles an hour. It was like I was stood still admiring the scenary when whoosh past he went. I wasn't going slow either. They must have been doing 40 mph. When I finished the stage I saw I was in second place behind Mr speedy. Grrr
I've seen a glitch sometimes where peoples go past at 100 mph but then I'm back infront, if they beat u with an unrealistic time they probably cheated.

Mark68

Über Member
That's what I thought. A glitch. I did catch and past them earlier in the stage thenall of a sudden they were gone.

microkid

will see what I can do, maybe for another route. I can create a route in Limburg, the southern part of the Netherlands with hills. I have cycled there in real life, them hills are pretty awful.... some going over 15%....

Last edited:

Marco72

Every good boy gets his reward!
yeah but I'm not happy about this reward, cos this course is one of mine and i usually use it on those days where my legs feel like hell and i just want something flat that i can coast on just to keep some kms in the legs, without being tempted to push myself too hard, so i had deliberately hadnt ridden the course at full gas, but now i have to cos its a league stage, curse you BoredMan!!

in all seriousness tho, its a good little course that was used for the state championships ITT a few years ago that i found a gpx file for, to be honest, its actually a pretty good choice of course cos its pretty comfortable for everyone but you can still go full gas on it. of course it now means i have to find another coasting course for the days i feel like hell, but with the amount of training ive been doing, i was starting to out grow it anyway ^_^ #Beast!

keithaitch

Veteran
Just tried the new beta.
The drafting graphic and the drafting effect are good. When I had my video call with my bkool contacts I said that the old graphic was much better and that's what we've got but with you highlighted in yellow so you know which one is you....another of my suggetions! Trumpets please! However the effect only kicks in when you are within 5 metres of somebody and I've said it would be better if it were 10 so you can regulate your speed better when you catch somebody to be able to draft them. let's see what they say.
The changes in resistance for changes in gradient are almost instant. @Bored Man try it and see if this resolves your lag problems.
Generally it looked pretty good to me.
Btw @Bored Man another great route in the 20/20 league I will be stealing it for a future chaingang league.

BILL S

Guru
Just tried the new beta.
The drafting graphic and the drafting effect are good. When I had my video call with my bkool contacts I said that the old graphic was much better and that's what we've got but with you highlighted in yellow so you know which one is you....another of my suggetions! Trumpets please! However the effect only kicks in when you are within 5 metres of somebody and I've said it would be better if it were 10 so you can regulate your speed better when you catch somebody to be able to draft them. let's see what they say.
The changes in resistance for changes in gradient are almost instant. @Bored Man try it and see if this resolves your lag problems.
Btw @Bored Man another great route in the 20/20 league I will be stealing it for a future chaingang league.

Hi Keith. Got a couple of suggestions that you can if you wish suggest to your bkool contact. One of them I've been moaning about for ages, whereas the other would be a new addition to the software to keep everyone more entertained and more competitive.

1/ The one I've been moaning about for ages is that half of our admin places are used up by non contributing members who legged it to the dark side ages ago and haven't come back to remove themselves from admin. Maybe you could ask bkool to delete them or ask if it can be made that there is a way for us to delete them ourselves.

2/ The new one is that it would be nice if each group had a running competition of who's ridden the furthest, climbed the highest, spent the most time etc. This is already done for all of us on the overall bkool standings but I think hardly anyone ever looks at that. If it was done by bkool for each group then this would surely stimulate interest and competition between group members.
Ok I admit that I want to have a chance to win something this year and I know it won't be a league race so I thought I could go for distance or height. (Yeah I know that's not going to happen either but is at least a theoretical possibility)

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi Keith. Got a couple of suggestions that you can if you wish suggest to your bkool contact. One of them I've been moaning about for ages, whereas the other would be a new addition to the software to keep everyone more entertained and more competitive.

1/ The one I've been moaning about for ages is that half of our admin places are used up by non contributing members who legged it to the dark side ages ago and haven't come back to remove themselves from admin. Maybe you could ask bkool to delete them or ask if it can be made that there is a way for us to delete them ourselves.

2/ The new one is that it would be nice if each group had a running competition of who's ridden the furthest, climbed the highest, spent the most time etc. This is already done for all of us on the overall bkool standings but I think hardly anyone ever looks at that. If it was done by bkool for each group then this would surely stimulate interest and competition between group members.
Ok I admit that I want to have a chance to win something this year and I know it won't be a league race so I thought I could go for distance or height. (Yeah I know that's not going to happen either but is at least a theoretical possibility)
Bill I'll mention both to them when they get back to me on the beta feedback I sent them this morning. I think the first we can get done pretty quickly, (in fact I'll mail another contact and see if he can do it for us) the second might have to be incorporated into their social development plans whose pipeline is very long!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Just tried the new beta.
Thanks Keithy

Do you have a beta link please?
Ta

BILL S

Guru
Bill I'll mention both to them when they get back to me on the beta feedback I sent them this morning. I think the first we can get done pretty quickly, (in fact I'll mail another contact and see if he can do it for us) the second might have to be incorporated into their social development plans whose pipeline is very long!
Thanks Keith.
In case there's any doubt, the names we need to remove from admin are Rayvon, RickB & Isidro Merchan. First two are from years back and Isidro Merchan seems to have been added as admin recently by accident.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thanks Keith.
In case there's any doubt, the names we need to remove from admin are Rayvon, RickB & Isidro Merchan. First two are from years back and Isidro Merchan seems to have been added as admin recently by accident.

Isidro is working at BKOOL, and was added a few months back, which @keithaitch also made a post about.

Top Bottom