Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Great race. I was slightly thrown at the beginning not only by my good start, which, touch wood, together with the drop outs i was suffering, seem to solved, but by @Brusgaard in his new kit. I thought yellow must be @perswe but then he sprinted off and looking around and not seeing @AndyMacca there was nothing to do but try and TT him out. I thought once I got a gap on third place you might have sat up @perswe and we could have worked together but apparently you wanted to slug it out all the way. By the time I did catch you I had to put the hammer down and see who cracked first i could not have stood out if you'd out sprinted me at the end as I knew you could.
Looking forward to Saturday rerun.

Mark68

Über Member
I had to use my lads laptop as mine wasn't working, but I logged on properly as when I was riding I saw my profile picture.. weird

perswe

Über Member
Well done @keithaitch! Tried a new tactic. Figured that if you can’t beat them then why join them? Hoped that if I go early I might split the field and see how long I could maintain the effort and make @keithaitch work for his medal. I couldn’t shake the feeling that @keithaitch was always in control of the race, lurking 10 seconds behind, and I must have shown my teeth when he passed and soon realised that I didn’t really have anything extra up my sleeve. Not even something to scare him with. But all in all a good strategy...even though I almost died trying.

perswe

Über Member
Great race. I was slightly thrown at the beginning not only by my good start, which, touch wood, together with the drop outs i was suffering, seem to solved, but by @Brusgaard in his new kit. I thought yellow must be @perswe but then he sprinted off and looking around and not seeing @AndyMacca there was nothing to do but try and TT him out. I thought once I got a gap on third place you might have sat up @perswe and we could have worked together but apparently you wanted to slug it out all the way. By the time I did catch you I had to put the hammer down and see who cracked first i could not have stood out if you'd out sprinted me at the end as I knew you could.
Well, I wanted to see how it would play out in TT mode. It turned out I didn’t have the nerve to go harder at the mid section and sort of half-assed it. Should probably have sat up but I wanted you all spent when you caught me...but then I realised that meant I would be too. I think your little speed increase with 2 to go killed me mentally more than physically...and then I died physically too.

perswe

Über Member
Is anyone riding tomorrow at any point? I'll do a search if you don't mind to see if I can find you
I’ll be there around 1530/16ish to ride about 2 hrs with no particular plan in mind. Probably just join something live but I could do this again (can’t believe I just said that)

keithaitch

Veteran
Well, I wanted to see how it would play out in TT mode. It turned out I didn’t have the nerve to go harder at the mid section and sort of half-assed it. Should probably have sat up but I wanted you all spent when you caught me...but then I realised that meant I would be too. I think your little speed increase with 2 to go killed me mentally more than physically...and then I died physically too.
Half way through when I didn't seem to be making in roads and was hurting i thought about sitting up and working with @AndyMacca but a quick calculation said we wouldn't catch you even working together so i kept going making big efforts on any rise and trying to carry the power through to the descents and slowly i started to catch you. I reckoned if it was hurting me or must be hurting you and having a rhythm going i didn't want to ease up once I caught you and dug deep not too let you get away and then just went for it and the elastic snapped thankfully. Hopefully Saturday we can get a group together and try to pip @AAAC in the sprint.

AndyMacca

I fluffed the start:crazy:, was messing about with the garage thermometer whilst still pedaling when the timer ran out so I had to watch you guys disappear. Spent 6km solo then managed a bit of drafting with Craig, @Messab @Brusgaard and @Rod McG but nowhere near you front runners. Might get a bit closer on Saturday and push harder.

Last edited:

Barbes66

Über Member
I fluffed the start:crazy:, was messing about with the garage thermometer whilst still pedaling when the timer ran out so I had to watch you guys disappear. Spent 6km solo then managed a bit of drafting with Craig, @Messab @Brusgaard and Rob but nowhere near you front runners. Might get a bit closer on Saturday and push harder.
I need to practice this drafting malarky! Got dropped twice tonight - once to @AndyMacca & co then @Rod McG and I worked for a bit until I lost the wheel and both times almost blew up trying to bridge the gap. Enjoyed it though as there's usually always a wheel to hang or chase.

I need to practice this drafting malarky! Got dropped twice tonight - once to @AndyMacca & co then @Rod McG and I worked for a bit until I lost the wheel and both times almost blew up trying to bridge the gap. Enjoyed it though as there's usually always a wheel to hang or chase.
I think with the new update there is a fraction of a second between the last beep and when you can start. I ruined my start last Saturday and have tried to time it during the week and found I need to give it an extra beat,

Top Bottom