Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I don’t know if it makes any difference but I have just cancelled subs and re started with different email
Sorry if this has made anything harder for anyone clerical
Look forward to the emails ☹️

berty bassett

Legendary Member
The chain gang league is still showing As joined - maybe from years ago or maybe while I was trying to get my head round it last month. All my details I think are the same just email is different
Splitter email will run out on 6th so I will delete then and see what happens

keithaitch

Veteran
I don’t know if it makes any difference but I have just cancelled subs and re started with different email
Sorry if this has made anything harder for anyone clerical
Look forward to the emails ☹
You're still in the group so let's see what happens. Might be worth checking that tonight's league ride appears for you in the sim even though you join the common session.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
My new downhill chainring compared with my original 48T.
PS I cannot ride tonight as I have had a Wisdom Tooth out and I do not want to encourage any further bleeding.
I am on one a day aspirins anyway and that does not help.
See you all that are there on Saturday

Attachments

• IMG_20201203_115729.jpg
    IMG_20201203_115729.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 3

keithaitch

Veteran
Very nice newsletter...what is the "The handicap league"?
It's a sub league in which everybody is given a handicap based on their performance. So the slowest rider starts when the countdown ends and then the rest wait on the line before starting after the amount of their allocated handicap until the fastest rider leaves last. The idea is that if the handicap is right everybody would arrive at the same time. If you are neither the fastest nor the slowest it means you are chasing (and slowly catching) people slower than you whilst being chased (and slowly caught) by people faster than you....great fun! the same course is used for each week in the month and the handicaps are adjusted(fine tuned) after each week to get them as close as possible. Points are awarded for the actual finishing positions, not for who rode the course fastest. The link in my signature takes you to the google sheet with a handicap tab with all the data. Looking at you performance in November's league you would set off a little bit before Brusgaard. If you want to give it ago, no commitment let me know and my cat (standing joke) will allocate you a time. It takes place on Tuesday at 19:00 cet and we check here around 18:00 by when we know who's taking part and make any handicap adjustments required. It's great fun. There is a separate conversation to not bother non participants and if you do decide to take part I'll add you ot the conversation.

Messab

Regular
It's a sub league in which everybody is given a handicap based on their performance. So the slowest rider starts when the countdown ends and then the rest wait on the line before starting after the amount of their allocated handicap until the fastest rider leaves last. The idea is that if the handicap is right everybody would arrive at the same time. If you are neither the fastest nor the slowest it means you are chasing (and slowly catching) people slower than you whilst being chased (and slowly caught) by people faster than you....great fun! the same course is used for each week in the month and the handicaps are adjusted(fine tuned) after each week to get them as close as possible. Points are awarded for the actual finishing positions, not for who rode the course fastest. The link in my signature takes you to the google sheet with a handicap tab with all the data. Looking at you performance in November's league you would set off a little bit before Brusgaard. If you want to give it ago, no commitment let me know and my cat (standing joke) will allocate you a time. It takes place on Tuesday at 19:00 cet and we check here around 18:00 by when we know who's taking part and make any handicap adjustments required. It's great fun. There is a separate conversation to not bother non participants and if you do decide to take part I'll add you ot the conversation.
Sounds very exciting, I am in..I want a 5 mns. heads start...lol..let me know how to participate, thank you

........ but I’m pleased to report, for her sake that she managed to evade his clutches.

So far:bicycle:.

keithaitch

Veteran
Sounds very exciting, I am in..I want a 5 mns. heads start...lol..let me know how to participate, thank yo
Sounds very exciting, I am in..I want a 5 mns. heads start...lol..let me know how to participate, thank you
I've added you to the handicap conversation and will add you to the handicap sheet. There will be chatter in that conversation next Tuesday and final starting order and handicaps settled there around 18:00 cet on Tuesday.

Messab

Regular
I've added you to the handicap conversation and will add you to the handicap sheet. There will be chatter in that conversation next Tuesday and final starting order and handicaps settled there around 18:00 cet on Tuesday.
thank you, look forward

AndyMacca

Top Bottom