Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theedge

Thanks guys - will stop and retry :smile:
The video file is 2.7G - 720p recored w/ a Garmin VIRB and edited w/ the VIRM editor - 16.8km
I had it stopping on 0% on the mac uploader if over 2.5gb.

Put it through handbrake 720p somewhere between 5000 to 7000kb's and remove the audio as they strip it anyways.. I posted a screen grab of my settings a few pages back.

theedge

I have also found another bug with the editor. If you try to upload once and it fails then you get an error creating the profile and can't reupload.

I just opened the .bvr file that the editor create and find <profileid>123456</profileid> or what ever number it is and increment by one and it will now let you upload it.

kipster

Guru
I never go by the 220 minus your age thing tbh...although that would make mine 185 which is where I'm ready to throw up...sign of a proper ride lol

At 45 that would make my Max 175 and I regularly get up to 190 on road rides and the turbo. I did a session the other day where the average was about 172 for 25 minutes. It quickly drops down to normal again.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Only the leader of the group can do it I believe. Let me create the GPX files and then I will set it up, if anbody else wants to do it, all good, if not I will try : )
Only group admins can set up and run a league, but anybody can upload a route and then invite other members to ride it and post their times on the thread. We did it last winter.
If you look back to post #54 et seq, there's a discussion of the pros and cons of having a league. If anyone hasn't read the help page on leagues, it's here. We decided that the cons outweighed the pros, and went with a less formal method. In particular, a league has to have specified start and end dates (which could be tricky to agree about) - and between those dates no other league can be created by the group.

If you want to have a proper league, there are 2 options. You can ask to be made an admin, or you can ask one of the existing admins (@Peteaud, @BigonaBianchi, and me) to organise it.
I'm not promising that any of us will agree, mind.

jiberjaber

Veteran
So I have married up a garmin file and a gopro file as a test but when I come to upload I get Error #2038 - anyone had that before.

My order hasn't shipped for the actual trainer so until I get the voucher inside it, I am just on the normal account, perhaps its that?

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
At 45 that would make my Max 175 and I regularly get up to 190 on road rides and the turbo. I did a session the other day where the average was about 172 for 25 minutes. It quickly drops down to normal again.
Your a fit boy @kipster

Last edited:

jiberjaber

Veteran
Bahhhhh... as I typed in my last message this popped in to my inbox:

"At this time we are not able to fill orders as quickly as usual, and believe it is our duty to explain why.
The presentation of the new trainer, and the simulator, has been very well received. Our sales volume is so great that Bkool cannot process all of its orders as fast as it usually can. This means that the shipment of your trainer will be delayed (1-2 weeks). But we will still be making every effort to get it to you sooner."

Delayed, but at least they let me know.... shame as the weather has been pants for the last week so I was starting to wish it was here now!

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
So I have married up a garmin file and a gopro file as a test but when I come to upload I get Error #2038 - anyone had that before.

My order hasn't shipped for the actual trainer so until I get the voucher inside it, I am just on the normal account, perhaps its that?
I haven't seen that error code, but Google suggests it's an Adobe fault. Search for #2038 error and you'll see that a lot of people have had problems, though I can't see a mention of BKool.
Have you complied with all the requirements (size, format etc.) when creating the file?

ziggys101

Über Member

"At this time we are not able to fill orders as quickly as usual, and believe it is our duty to explain why.
The presentation of the new trainer, and the simulator, has been very well received. Our sales volume is so great that Bkool cannot process all of its orders as fast as it usually can. This means that the shipment of your trainer will be delayed (1-2 weeks). But we will still be making every effort to get it to you sooner."

Delayed, but at least they let me know.... shame as the weather has been pants for the last week so I was starting to wish it was here now!

I got that email a couple of weeks ago, then 2 days later another that it had been dispatched then a week later the delivery :-)

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
jiberjaber said:

So did you opt for the version 2 trainer

bowtomephil

I got a year with the old trainer also.

I do own a group with me in it ...going to put all stages in there with 1 year to do each stage if that is possible to overlap

theedge

How did you manage that? :eek:
I only uploaded it this morning, and I haven't had an email to say it's been accepted yet.

Glad you liked it. I thought I'd film it in the uphill direction, though old railway lines don't have much incline anyway. It could have been longer, but when I stopped to change batteries in the camera the mount slipped and I couldn't be bothered to dismantle it to fix it :blush:

It's better than the High Peak Trail, because that has lots of gates and road crossings, on the Tiss you just go.... and go.... and go.....

For the techies amongst us, it was a 63 minutes video, and with Handbrake set at 5000 kbps the file came to 2.19 GB.

Tissington trail is top of the bkool routes of the week email...:thumbsup:

Top Bottom