Team Sky's problem is Dave Brailsford....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
.....say the Irish Peloton

http://www.irishpeloton.com/2018/08/team-sky-biggest-problem/

It's interesting but I don't actually buy it. It's a very selective view with a particular spin of that view, plus I thought Big Mig was boring and was glad to see him lose and Pantani a deeply flawed individual who deserves sympathy but not deifying. I also think it's quite natural for suhdave not to answer questions directly, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I also don't think many people do overlook team Evil's impropriety but it's all thought provoking.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Haven’t read the piece yet, will do shortly as it sounds interesting, but I’ve been saying the same thing for years.

Bring back Peter Keen! And Chris Boardman!

Viking

Could have been an interesting piece but ruined by vacuous assertions. The comments section has much better thought through analysis from contributors

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What a heap of cock.
The Victoria Pendelton story is laughable.
He uses the royal 'we' a lot assuming everyone agrees with his analysis.
We all love Indurain, we all dislike Merckx etc - total bollox. I hope to fark he doeesn't get paid to write that garbage!
And does SDB care whether he's liked by the French or the Irish Peloton? Nope.
The comments section, as Vantage says, does a better demolition job of the IP than the IP does of SDB.

Adam4868

Guru
That pesky Brailsford...most of the article is speculation and heard before.How come everyone fears Dave,yet the vast majority of Sky riders seem to find him ok ? They seem to be dicking about whenever I see them ! As Cav said in his commentary on the Tour,put simply there the hardest workers/riders it's relentless,that's why there the best.
Carry on as you were Dave.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Did you read the article?
Yes.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
He uses the royal 'we' a lot assuming everyone agrees with his analysis.
We all love Indurain, we all dislike Merckx etc - total bollox.

Is it really bollox? Indurain remains very popular even though he was a boring rider, even though he crushed the Tour for five years, and even though he was a doper. Merckx was very unpopular by the mid-70s because of his relentless dominance and suffered even worse abuse than Froome gets. They even told him to stay away from the Tour one year.

He’s talking about the prevailing views of the public, not suggesting that every single cycling fan shares the same opinions.

The Pendleton anecdote is a bit odd, not sure what it’s supposed to prove, but it’s the only real bum note in the piece for me.

MikeG

Guru
Team Sky's problem? What problem is that, exactly? Which team has won almost all of the Grand Tours over the last 5 years?

Top Bottom