Team Wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Suspect they are just the usual Rapha pro range stripes - same design appears on their other "pro" stuff

Good spot. I'd never really paid much attention to the detailing. Tend not to unless it's something I'm actually going to buy/wear.

lyn1

Über Member
Track focussed in developing team pursuiters, which does not mean they have to ride track all the time. This will be a powerful road team up to pro-conti level. Expect some rare old scraps on home roads where only domestic teams are involved. certainly no-one in the line up published is short on power and sheer speed.
I hope you are right and that they are competitive...certainly a very talented track squad, but not convinced about road. The team is short of bodies for a start. Of those present 3 of the 27/28 yr olds have done nothing on the road for many years, even at just Premier Calender level. Two guys are young MTB riders with no experience at that level, let alone in UCI races. That only leaves 2 very talented youngsters and a solid rider with decent results at 3rd division level. I see it as the weakest of all the British Conti teams (both in numbers and depth of quality), unless Wiggins is prepared to race every week...which is highly unlikely.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
What are the six random lines for?

Suspect they are just the usual Rapha pro range stripes - same design appears on their other "pro" stuff

I was at the Rapha SS15 kit launch a couple of weeks ago and they did explain the significance of the stripes... something to do with six classic climbs but I can't remember exact details.

Their new pro kit range has a weird chevron pattern that is supposedly based on the power data of a rider on last year's TdF. They wouldn't say who at the time but it might have been revealed by now.

AndyRM

XOXO
I was at the Rapha SS15 kit launch a couple of weeks ago and they did explain the significance of the stripes... something to do with six classic climbs but I can't remember exact details.

Their new pro kit range has a weird chevron pattern that is supposedly based on the power data of a rider on last year's TdF. They wouldn't say who at the time but it might have been revealed by now.

Thanks for the insight. Always good to know another designer's reasoning behind things.

Top Bottom