[Teams] Shane Sutton - Millar, Wiggins, Riding for Team Sky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/377962/millar-and-wiggins-to-join-team-sky.html

The quartet of top-level British riders [Millar, Wiggins, Geraint Thomas & Stephen Cummings] would form the backbone of the team, backed by satellite broadcaster Sky, which will be launched ready for next season.

"All these guys are going to move on to the Sky pro road team, maybe I shouldn't have said that," Sutton is quoted as saying in the BBC interview.

Can't see it myself, esp. Millar, but then if he's certain enough to announce it to the Beeb...

RabbitFood

correct me if i am wrong but is David Miller the guy that the bookt eh flying scotsman is all about?

Or is that someone else?

benguin

Nope, the Flying Scotsman is about Graeme Obree. A very interesting story, in fact.
Hmm, Team Sky...

ben

benguin

Fair enough... What do you think of Cav's book so far? Haven't read it but might in the future.

ben

Keith Oates

Janner
There's bound to be rumours about who will join the team but I'd be suprised to see Millar leave a team that he has stake in owning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Nice one Chuffy.

I thought it sounded like, well, let's say "wishful thinking" when I read it, especially given Millar's stake in Garmin.

Hmmm, no offence to any of them but even if they did, it's a pretty mediocre team, I still can't get excited about it. There still seems to be a huge gap betwen track and road.

girofan

Crackle said:
Hmmm, no offence to any of them but even if they did, it's a pretty mediocre team, I still can't get excited about it. There still seems to be a huge gap betwen track and road.

Another predictable British team, very similar in the make-up to the Hercules team of the mid-fifties!
I'd hoped that BC would learn from the mistakes of the past, but they seem to be devoid of Continental nous that could turn their financial clout into success.

Top Bottom