Tearfund Drumlanrig Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Entries opened for it on 10 Jan and limited to 350.

I missed it last year, so need to make my mind up pretty quickly (= check with Mrs Scoosh
blush.gif
)

Anyone else doing it ? (Viniga/ Seamab/ Bhoyjim/ Magnatom/ mcshroom/ Aberal/ other CC Ecosse ???)

It could be a useful part
Laie_76A.gif
of the "training plan"
rofl.gif
for the Snow Roads 300
eek2.gif
2 weeks later ...

MrRidley

Entries opened for it on 10 Jan and limited to 350.

I missed it last year, so need to make my mind up pretty quickly (= check with Mrs Scoosh
blush.gif
)

Anyone else doing it ? (Viniga/ Seamab/ Jimbhoy/ Magnatom/ mcshroom/ Aberal/ other CC Ecosse ???)

It could be a useful part
Laie_76A.gif
of the "training plan"
rofl.gif
for the Snow Roads 300
eek2.gif
2 weeks later ...

FTFY, Funny you should mention that, i've just emailed the organiser with some questions, however any rides that i wish to enter depend on two things, the first being that i need to lose the 2.5 stone that i've put on since i quit smoking, and the second that i need to get some lights if i'm going to ride after dark, i have got an entry in for the ToEL though, that should give me a measure of my fitness as i've barely been on the bike this month, i had also planned on entering the Nippy Sweetie (200k), but Scotrail kindly ruled that out for me.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
FTFY, Funny you should mention that, i've just emailed the organiser with some questions, however any rides that i wish to enter depend on two things, the first being that i need to lose the 2.5 stone that i've put on since i quit smoking, and the second that i need to get some lights if i'm going to ride after dark, i have got an entry in for the ToEL though, that should give me a measure of my fitness as i've barely been on the bike this month, i had also planned on entering the Nippy Sweetie (200k), but Scotrail kindly ruled that out for me.

:hello:
If you were allowed out the evening before, you could share the spare room with our bike collection :biggrin: .
Promise we'd feed you only healthy carbs :laugh:

T

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's Carol's birthday on the 30th Apr, so I may have to be extra nice to be allowed out to play that weekend....
What better day out for the Dearly Beloved than a visit to a beautiful castle/ house, with some wonderful artworks etc, picnic lunch (with about 400 others but - hey - it's company
icon_lol.gif
), as well as cheering on her Dear One as he pumps up the feel-good endorphins, thus ensuring a cheery, smiling return journey ???
hyper.gif

Seamab

I did this a couple of years back and enjoyed it greatly. The organisation was great. The only downside was some of the potholed roads which may well be worse after this winter.

I'll need to think about what i plan to do cycling wise this year. I find it really difficult in the midst of the cold weather to get motivated to enter events. Last year, the ride sold out quickly whereas the year i did it, i entered the week before.

The castle and grounds are indeed nice for a visit for any support staff you take with you to enjoy the day.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I did this a couple of years back and enjoyed it greatly. The organisation was great. The only downside was some of the potholed roads which may well be worse after this winter.

I'll need to think about what i plan to do cycling wise this year. I find it really difficult in the midst of the cold weather to get motivated to enter events. Last year, the ride sold out quickly whereas the year i did it, i entered the week before.

The castle and grounds are indeed nice for a visit for any support staff you take with you to enjoy the day.
Welcome back to CC !!! :biggrin:
thebiggrin.gif

My application is getting filled in while I write ....

I'm supposed to be taking part in the Kinross sportive the week before, so no chance of getting a pass. Actually that's unfair, I'm sure my wife would let me go, it's just the costs (getting there and back) and the fact that I haven't managed a full week commuting on the bike since the start of November.

It'll take way more than a week to recover from the Kinross Sportive (assuming I can get around!) :ohmy:

MrRidley

:hello:
If you were allowed out the evening before, you could share the spare room with our bike collection :biggrin: .
Promise we'd feed you only healthy carbs :laugh:

T

Many thanks for your kind offer of hospitality, but i've now made other plans for that weekend, i was looking forward to some healthy carbs too :tongue:

scook94

Veteran
What better day out for the Dearly Beloved than a visit to a beautiful castle/ house, with some wonderful artworks etc, picnic lunch (with about 400 others but - hey - it's company
icon_lol.gif
), as well as cheering on her Dear One as he pumps up the feel-good endorphins, thus ensuring a cheery, smiling return journey ???
hyper.gif

I'm such a dolt! Carol's birthday is the 23rd, same day as the Kinross Sportive! It's my sister who's birthday it is on the 30th! I'm sure she wouldn't mind in the slightest!

Scoosh, what route are you doing? the 100miler?

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm such a dolt!
whistling.gif

Carol's birthday is the 23rd, same day as the Kinross Sportive! It's my sister who's birthday it is on the 30th! I'm sure she wouldn't mind in the slightest!

Scoosh, what route are you doing? the 100miler?

Aye, has to be the 100 - Snow Roads
Laie_76A.gif
Laie_76A.gif
is 2 weeks later
eek.gif
!

Not sure Kinross has quite the same kudos as Drumlanrig but there's a nice castle in Loch Leven - and LLL is good
thumbsup.png
!

Attachments

• Laie_76A.gif
    Laie_76A.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 36

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Unfortunately it's our Cub Scout's district camp that weekend so I'm already booked :sad:

Looks like a good route though. I'll keep it in mind for 2012.

Now the doing Snow Roads on my birthday, hmm
rolleyes.gif

scook94

Veteran
Aye, has to be the 100 - Snow Roads
Laie_76A.gif
Laie_76A.gif
is 2 weeks later
eek.gif
!

Not sure Kinross has quite the same kudos as Drumlanrig but there's a nice castle in Loch Leven - and LLL is good
thumbsup.png
!

I'll get my form submitted over the weekend. I've managed to swap my on-call so I've no excuses for not doing Snow Roads, are you doing it again? CC Ecosse Team entry?

Attachments

• Laie_76A.gif
    Laie_76A.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom