Technical Question: Chip Butty

OCD to line up chips in a chip butty

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Depends on the source (that's origin of butty... not type of sauce......) of the chip butty if made at home using slices of bread then lining up the chips is accepted practice.....but if purchased from a Chippy I would expect a large Balm-cake/Roll/Cob/Batch* crammed full of chips, jack-straws fashion......... hope this helps

*delete as appropriate....

Slightly off topic got a right roasting off Mrs V the other day when I made a pasta sandwich at the dinner table and Little-un copied me...........

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Depends on the source (that's origin of butty... not type of sauce......) of the chip butty if made at home using slices of bread then lining up the chips is accepted practice.....but if purchased from a Chippy I would expect a large Balm-cake/Roll/Cob/Batch* crammed full of chips, jack-straws fashion......... hope this helps

*delete as appropriate....

Slightly off topic got a right roasting off Mrs V the other day when I made a pasta sandwich at the dinner table and Little-un copied me...........

you missed bap (what I know them as) and muffin (what my OH's knows them as) off the list...:laugh:

soggy, greasy chip shop chips, lined up, marg (sorry, used to be butter until I became allergic to all dairy) in a large soft white bap.... I will accept white sliced bread squashed around the chip shop chips as an alternative, but a good layer of chips to ratio of bread is essential...:hungry:

Even the wolf hound likes them! just don't tell his owner - he's meant to be on a diet!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The chips should always be alighned up so as to offer proper support for the meat and onoin pie IMO.

How can you possibly get a meat pie on the sandwich as well as chips?

Ern1e

Über Member
How can you possibly get a meat pie on the sandwich as well as chips?
Well it can take a little practise but it is quite possible ! we have a local bakers who make what i belive to be the best meat and onion pie in Lancashire (oh yes I have tried quite a few and also sorry Wigan about that) and they also make a "T" cake which by happy coincedence just happens to be the perfect size for the job.This @welsh dragon is a thing that one really should try if only fro the experience of getting it all on oh and some folks around here like to drizzle (my god he's gone posh) a little gravy on aswell.

welsh dragon

Well it can take a little practise but it is quite possible ! we have a local bakers who make what i belive to be the best meat and onion pie in Lancashire (oh yes I have tried quite a few and also sorry Wigan about that) and they also make a "T" cake which by happy coincedence just happens to be the perfect size for the job.This @welsh dragon is a thing that one really should try if only fro the experience of getting it all on oh and some folks around here like to drizzle (my god he's gone posh) a little gravy on aswell.

Wow. Drizzling gravy is indeed posh, and makes it positively posh nosh :hungry:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Chip butties should be lined up, and have plenty of tomato sauce (not ketchup). Cheap white bread is the ONLY bread for this.

In school we'd bunk out a lunch, go to the chippy AND to the bakers. We would hollow out a big bread roll and stuff the chips inside it, layering the tomato sauce as we went. 1980-85, well ahead of the master chef curve!

welsh dragon

[QUOTE 3025050, member: 259"]Here's the Belgian version. But they do include a few slices of meatloaf :ohmy:

Mitraillette_(fast_food).jpg
[/QUOTE]

Naaq. To random. Bad bad bad

Top Bottom