Technical Question: Chip Butty

OCD to line up chips in a chip butty

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I remember at school in the good old days we used to go to the chippy at dinnertime. Next door was a bakers, we would get a crusty cob (morning roll, or insert your local name) and shove a thumb in the side and hollow it out.

Then stuff chips in until it's bulging and enjoy.

My mouth's watering now!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I remember at school in the goodold days we used to go to the chippy at dinnertime. Next door was a bakers, we would get a crusty cob (morning roll, or insert your local name) and shove a thumb in the side and hollow it out.

Then stuff chips in until it's bulging and enjoy.

My mouth's watering now!

I always had school dinners. Wish we could have had that stuff:hungry:

Ernie_RBR

Forget about your chip buddies, get a egg banjo in ye .. lol ... :hungry:

For those that don't know wat an egg banjo is or how to make one, see video below.... That sort ye ticket out :smile:

Enjoy .:hungry:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Deep fried Mars bar for afters?
Never had one thanks! <shudders>

stephec

Legendary Member
Chip butty or chip barm round our way (barm = barmcake = muffin = tea cake) depending on your location.

I will often deconstruct a chip barm bought from the chipperia & reconstruct with military precision.
The good thing about a chip barm is that usually they give you so many chips that you can open it up and scrape some off to eat separately.

Get a fish as well and chop it in half, fish and chip barm, and fish and chips for afters. :smile:

Top Bottom