Technology sucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Just spent 40 minutes trying to get something to download (it's ok, k don't help, i k own what the problem is). But the amount of time it takes to get things fixed really sucks, and the frequency at which at which i have to fix things also sucks.

They call it change, or progress. Im a big fan of tech but when i have so many other things to do, then fixing the in order to make my life easier doesn't work, in fact it seems to be rather aggregating.

I guess it's not just tech, but lots of other stuff that sucks too: marketing (free phone calls if you pay us money, which is the free bit then you a holes), law (oh boy) and so on..
Rant over, feeling better, thank you for reading. Have a nice day (i hear thing swill be cooler later in the week so enjoy your Sunday while you).

Weather sucks.

snorri

Legendary Member
Yeah, I have techy problems too, my keyboard only responds to hits on the keys I hit and not to non-hits on the keys I mean to hit, it's a bummer:sad:.
Weather is nice!

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm notoriously suspicious of technology for the sake of it. You won't catch me walking up the street hypnotised by Apple or Samsung - Invasion of the Body Snatchers for rampant consumers.

tyred

Legendary Member
--. .. ...- . / -- . / .- / ..-. . .-- / -- .. -. ..- - . ... / ..- -. - .. .-.. / .. / ... . -. -.. / - .... .-. --- ..- --. .... / -- -.-- / .-. . .--. .-.. -.-- .-.-.-

morse-code-telegraph-machine-using-series-of-dot-and-dashes-ampyrg.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
But when it does eventually go wrong, there ain't no fixing it. Thatll become landfill, which is where all the progress eventually ends up.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Just spent 40 minutes trying to get something to download (it's ok, k don't help, i k own what the problem is). But the amount of time it takes to get things fixed really sucks, and the frequency at which at which i have to fix things also sucks.

They call it change, or progress. Im a big fan of tech but when i have so many other things to do, then fixing the in order to make my life easier doesn't work, in fact it seems to be rather aggregating.

I guess it's not just tech, but lots of other stuff that sucks too: marketing (free phone calls if you pay us money, which is the free bit then you a holes), law (oh boy) and so on..
Rant over, feeling better, thank you for reading. Have a nice day (i hear thing swill be cooler later in the week so enjoy your Sunday while you).

Weather sucks.
Meh....

I think the reality is that stuff is super quick, super easy and super available but that we have lost the ability to have patience.

20 years ago if I wanted a tyre, I would wait til the weekend, drive or travel to a bike shop, wait to be served, buy the tube and travel home.

10years ago I felt disappointed if my telephone ordered tyre took more than 3 days to arrive

Today I am disappointed if I my web order doesn't arrive the next morning and is cheaper than any place on earth.

I then give bad feedback if it doesn't include a free bag of haribos.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
--. .. ...- . / -- . / .- / ..-. . .-- / -- .. -. ..- - . ... / ..- -. - .. .-.. / .. / ... . -. -.. / - .... .-. --- ..- --. .... / -- -.-- / .-. . .--. .-.. -.-- .-.-.-

View attachment 346553
Tech's pretty useful sometimes. I pasted the above Morse code into a Morse code translator web site, and had the translation in a very short time. Pre-Internet, I would have had to laboriously translate it by hand.

Drago

Legendary Member
Tech's pretty useful sometimes. I pasted the above Morse code into a Morse code translator web site, and had the translation in a very short time. Pre-Internet, I would have had to laboriously translate it by hand.

Some of us know Morse, which makes the translation websites redundant?

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Joke on Dull men's forum I'm a member of:

Told my kids that if I ever end up in a vegetatative state relying on technology and fluids to keep me alive, to turn off life support.
The little b*stards switched off me laptop and poured the red wine down the sink!

classic33

Leg End Member
Meh....

I think the reality is that stuff is super quick, super easy and super available but that we have lost the ability to have patience.

20 years ago if I wanted a tyre, I would wait til the weekend, drive or travel to a bike shop, wait to be served, buy the tube and travel home.

10years ago I felt disappointed if my telephone ordered tyre took more than 3 days to arrive

Today I am disappointed if I my web order doesn't arrive the next morning and is cheaper than any place on earth.

I then give bad feedback if it doesn't include a free bag of haribos.
You ordered a bicycle tyre by telephone?

What was wrong with going to the shop. Although if I'd ordered a tyre and left with an inner tube, I'd be wondering what had happenned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom