Technology

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by postman, 14 Jun 2018.

Tags:
  1. postman

postman Legendary Member

I will put my hand up and say i am a numpty with most things technical.It's great to have the kids at home,mind you Mrs Postman is a dab hand at most things.But today i have seen and used the future.When i was a teenager i had a reel to reel tape recorder.It was second hand brought home as a gift from a customer of my dad,he was a decorator.I taped most Thursday nights,Top of the Pops,the microphone was attached to a lump of wood and placed in front of the tv speaker.Artiste came on and down went finger.I did the same on a Sunday night,Alan Freeman i knew him well.Reel after reel i collected.Well a few years ago my family bought me an ipod nano,1200 songs are on that.The size of a matchbox,well today even that was ousted,with the arrival for my daughter of an Amazon Alexa 2nd generation thing.It is incredible,i asked for three songs from the sixties not at the same time mind you,one after the other,what a beautiful rich tone,well after the summer break it goes to Edinburgh when she goes back to Uni,i wonder if it will need an accent.Amazing.

Diogenes, Oldbloke, mustang1 and 9 others like this.
  2. Garry A

Garry A Smiling cyclist.

I paid for my MacDonalds breakfast today using my phone. Amazing!^_^

postman and I like Skol like this.
  3. Spiderweb

Spiderweb Über Member

Get this...we’ve got something called a ‘refrigerator’ which makes things cold and keeps food fresh, way better than our pantry!

4. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guest

I've got a Thermos. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.

I put a cup of tea in there, along with a choc ice.

SpokeyDokey, C R, postman and 2 others like this.
  5. Slick

Slick Veteran

It's a brave new world @postman. Enjoy your new technology. :thumbsup:

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  6. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

Just dont read about the alexa conspircay theories. <cue evil laugh>Mwahahahaaa....</evil laugh>

Slick likes this.
  7. I feel there might be some merit in also using this technology to keep beer cold, imagine that!

SpokeyDokey, postman and Spiderweb like this.
  8. AndyRM

AndyRM Guru

What, that it literally listens to everything? That's not a conspiracy theory.

9. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Unicorn Tamer

I have a Google Home in the living room, she is hilarious as randomly she will pipe up with something, even if we haven't said HEY GOOGLE.

Like yesterday she said THE CORRECT ANSWER IS 13 YEARS AND 7 MONTHS.....

Mum and I were like :eek:

Chris Doyle and SpokeyDokey like this.
  10. stephec

stephec Legendary Member

you are markymark AICMFP.

11. OP
    OP
    postman

postman Legendary Member

Thirty years ago i was on a 'weekend' away in Blackpool.I had my first and only Mac burger ,what a taste experience.

12. OP
    OP
    postman

postman Legendary Member

Oh dear,Mrs Postman is thinking of buying one.When i asked why do we need one,she replied AT LEAST IT LISTENS TO ME.:rolleyes:

mustang1, Diogenes and Spiderweb like this.
  13. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

I still have a reel to reel Akai 4000 DS

postman likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice